BajaNomad

Nice Visit David K

Bob H - 7-30-2020 at 01:24 PM

Had a great time during our visit at your place in beautiful Fallbrook yesterday, Thanks for the peach wood and the beer amigo!
Bob H

David K - 7-30-2020 at 04:11 PM

It was great to visit with you and thank you for removing the old peach tree. Baja Angel wants to plant something else in that spot!

A Lemon, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Navel Orange, and tiny fig tree is what remains with room for two or three new (dwarf) fruit trees, now with the unproductive peach gone.

I wonder what Baja Angel will let me plant? LOL I like Blood Oranges and Strawberry Guavas. Is there a dwarf avocado? LOL

paranewbi - 7-31-2020 at 05:14 AM

Took 5 years for our Lime Tree to produce! Now it's going crazy.
Wife wanted to yank it years ago as 'non-productive' and I said let it sit a while longer. Came out of it's coma this year.

BajaBlanca - 7-31-2020 at 06:33 AM

I think a lot of plants are coming out of their coma this year! I have plants that are flowering for the 1st time ever, others that are going for their second round!

David K - 7-31-2020 at 07:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Took 5 years for our Lime Tree to produce! Now it's going crazy.
Wife wanted to yank it years ago as 'non-productive' and I said let it sit a while longer. Came out of it's coma this year.

Bob guessed the peach tree to be about 20 years old... Mind you, it was not big. In any case, it did produce a few peaches, but they didn't look healthy and so we let the birds peck at them. We have lived here just under two years and the other fruit trees are good, even though they hadn't been properly pruned and may have suffered fire damage as a big fire came through here nine months before we bought the place (homes on our side of the street were untouched while all the homes on the other side were lost).