BajaNomad

Trees have it figured out

motoged - 7-31-2020 at 11:41 AM

hmmmmm ?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/07/tree-crown-shyness-forest-canopy/?cmpid=int_org=ngp::int_mc=website::int_src=ngp::int_cmp=substest: :int_add=substestcontrol::int_rid=

Marc - 7-31-2020 at 04:52 PM

The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.
What they feel and how they communicate.
Available on Amazon.

motoged - 8-1-2020 at 08:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben.
What they feel and how they communicate.
Available on Amazon.

....and I remember a book I think was called something like The Secret Life of Plants thirty or so years ago.... more folks should acknowledge how other life forms on the planet have their own levels of "sensitivity".

It's all so connected.

As a therapist, my career included working in the field of addictions/dependencies. My exposure and implementation of recovery/management strategies included adapting the principles of AA/NA when appropriate. Some clients struggled with the notions of god and a higher power....so translating those principles was a challenge for folks not comfortable with "religious" interpretations.

An AA "Old Timer" once offered the most useful way of looking at it all, and said:

"Spirituality is our sense of connectedness with other."

Widely applicable concept !:light:

AKgringo - 8-1-2020 at 08:52 AM

I have an ongoing dialog with the pine tree at the end of my driveway. When I demonstrate that I appreciate the shade, it lets me know that I am crowding it's roots by dropping pitch on my car!

motoged - 8-1-2020 at 09:18 AM

.... yeah, I don't like it when someone steps on my toes either.;)
Still parking there?

unbob - 8-1-2020 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

....and I remember a book I think was called something like The Secret Life of Plants thirty or so years ago.... more folks should acknowledge how other life forms on the planet have their own levels of "sensitivity".

It's all so connected.

"Spirituality is our sense of connectedness with other."

Widely applicable concept !:light:
Another connection to the 'Secret Life of Plants' book was the documentary of the same name, directed by Walon Green and it's soundtrack album 'Stevie Wonder's Journey Through "The Secret Life of Plants"' If you've never heard it, I guarantee you will never have heard anything like it. I remember buying the double album and listening to it over and over. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Wonder%27s_Journey_Thro...