BajaNomad

What's your next Baja trip? Where are you going and when?

JZ - 8-22-2020 at 06:18 PM

We are leaning towards early October. Hopefully Loreto. If not, at least the Seven Sisters.

Where are you planning to go?

mtgoat666 - 8-22-2020 at 06:41 PM

Many, many people in baja don’t want outsiders in Baja. The small towns are far from medical,facilities, and the med facilities are insufficient or maxed-out.
Wtf do you think Baja wants you visiting?

JZ - 8-22-2020 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Many, many people in baja don’t want outsiders in Baja. The small towns are far from medical,facilities, and the med facilities are insufficient or maxed-out.
Wtf do you think Baja wants you visiting?

If you don't want to go to Baja that is fine. Kindly see yourself to the next thread.

I have dozens of friends in Baja and they all want us to come. We have traveled extensively all over the US for the last 4 months and know how to do it safely, for ourselves and others.

We will go to support the economy in Baja, and because we miss it greatly.

bajatrailrider - 8-22-2020 at 07:10 PM

Pendio goat the people of Baja don't want you here. So don't talk about anybody but yourself. Your a a tourist don't spread your crap here. JZ welcome anytime bring your dirt bikes.

JZ - 8-22-2020 at 08:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
JZ welcome anytime bring your dirt bikes.

Thank you my friend. We want to go and let the dog run on the beach, and play in the ocean again. He misses Baja.

Will bring the bikes. Need to run them hard down a few dirt roads to blow the rust off them.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by JZ]

paranewbi - 8-23-2020 at 05:34 AM

55 thousand plus square miles in the Baja peninsula. 839 thousand personas population.

15 people per square mile.

Enjoy your social distancing JZ

chippy - 8-23-2020 at 07:17 AM

I´ll be heading to La Paz from Maz on the 23 of sept. Fishing/camping my way up the Pacific coast from Todos Santos with stops in Lopez Mateos and the 7 sistas area. 10 days mas o menos.

Coming back down in Nov. Taking 2 weeks, more on the gulf side doing the same fishing/camping thing!

There will be a few hotels and the ferry (both ways) in there also:bounce::bounce::bounce:.

PS Goat doesn´t know wtf he´s talking about.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by chippy]

Bajaboy - 8-23-2020 at 07:25 AM

My son, dog, and I are heading to our place in Bahia Asuncion for a week in October.

bajafreaks - 8-23-2020 at 07:34 AM

Heading down to Los Barriles mid October, its been long enough.

pacificobob - 8-23-2020 at 08:00 AM

Pendio goat the people of Baja don't want you here. So don't talk about anybody but yourself. Your a a tourist don't spread your crap here. JZ welcome anytime bring your dirt bikes.

my neighbors and i would prefer you stay home. i hear Florida is nice.

AKgringo - 8-23-2020 at 08:57 AM

Where? Well I still need to get back to La Paz to finish the dental work I started before the Corona plague arrived!

When? Not yet, but as soon as my dentist and a few other contacts that are actually there think that it might be an acceptable risk.

When I do get down there, I think I will check out Magdalena Bay and the area north and south of it. It will be a minimalist trip, my dog and I car camping and avoiding public contact as much as possible.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by AKgringo]

brucedog - 8-23-2020 at 09:15 AM

We hope to leave Oregon for our home in La Ventana mid October. We can isolate in our van the entire way down and easily quarantine in our home for two weeks. Before we leave we want to be sure that the beaches are open and that locals in town want us back. I believe that they do but there will also be many opinions. I don't really give a chit what Gringos think. We want to support our local community. We are both healthy and realize that there is ZERO medical care for us if we should get sick. That's my .02 worth....

bajatrailrider - 8-23-2020 at 09:31 AM

Come down anytime JZ we run.our dogs on beach all the time
Also it is not a oven here on beach like down south. Not to disturb you heat lovers down south . No closed Beach's here open.

Skipjack Joe - 8-23-2020 at 10:30 AM

Why not get tested before you leave? You may be asymtomatic and not know it. It would ease your mind and everyone else’s in town.

SFandH - 8-23-2020 at 10:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Why not get tested before you leave? You may be asymtomatic and not know it. It would ease your mind and everyone else’s in town.

That's a good idea.

Skully - 8-23-2020 at 10:44 AM

My biggest concern about driving down is all of the gas pumps and their keypads that I have to touch. So I'm extra careful about cleaning everything after I've filled up and before I leave the fuel station.

JZ - 8-23-2020 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Good idea. My daughter got tested last week before joining her soccer team.

Wife is getting tested today or Monday before going back into her office after our last trip.

There is a place 5 mins from our house that does a mid nasal test. They give you the results in 20 mins.

SFandH - 8-23-2020 at 11:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skully  

My biggest concern about driving down is all of the gas pumps and their keypads that I have to touch. So I'm extra careful about cleaning everything after I've filled up and before I leave the fuel station.

Most, maybe all, the gas stations are full service. You stay in the car.

A 10 or 20 peso tip for sure.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by SFandH]

JZ - 8-23-2020 at 11:07 AM

From the CDC website.

"It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.Aug 13, 2020."

It "may be" possible to get it from touching something, but very unlikely.

Prolonged contact with someone who has it is the main way to get it.

Skully - 8-23-2020 at 12:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Most, maybe all, the gas stations are full service. You stay in the car.

A 10 or 20 peso tip for sure.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by SFandH]

I usually have five fuel stops before I get to the border on the way down, and four after I cross the border on my way back. Its always nice to have someone else doing the filling while I'm in Mexico. :yes:

pauldavidmena - 8-23-2020 at 12:07 PM

My wife and I like to go to Todos Santos for a week in February, just late enough to be sick of the New England winter. We would normally start making our arrangements around now, but the virus - both here in the U.S. and in BCS - is making us lean toward not going. For every struggling business begging for tourists to visit, there are others begging us to stay home and not test the fragile health system. As it is, even in the relative safety of Cape Cod, ill-advised parties and large gatherings have caused sporadic outbreaks. For that reason, apart from regular dog walks, we only leave the house when we have to go shopping, or order the occasional take-out from restaurants that are trying to stay afloat. As disappointing as it will be to us personally to not visit next year, we want to be sensitive to both the expat and local communities until it's safe to do so.

Don Pisto - 8-23-2020 at 01:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
My wife and I like to go to Todos Santos for a week in February, just late enough to be sick of the New England winter. We would normally start making our arrangements around now, but the virus - both here in the U.S. and in BCS - is making us lean toward not going. For every struggling business begging for tourists to visit, there are others begging us to stay home and not test the fragile health system. As it is, even in the relative safety of Cape Cod, ill-advised parties and large gatherings have caused sporadic outbreaks. For that reason, apart from regular dog walks, we only leave the house when we have to go shopping, or order the occasional take-out from restaurants that are trying to stay afloat. As disappointing as it will be to us personally to not visit next year, we want to be sensitive to both the expat and local communities until it's safe to do so.

:yes:....gracias!

TedZark - 8-23-2020 at 02:04 PM

I can't speak for them, but what I hear from the local folks is that they want to work and have a job. Much of that depends on tourism. February is a long time from now.

As things reopen there are, yes, going to be new "outbreaks". Of course! The goal was to "flatten the curve".

Draw your own conclusions as I guess you have, but your virtue in not having the vacation you wanted to have, is quite possibly not helping anyone.

I know there are people who are going to be very nasty about my comments above, but I bet they all have plenty of regular income and are doing just fine. Notice also I have not and will not insult or call them names for their opinions (as they will to me). Do understand that when people start calling names and throwing out insults, it means they think they have lost the argument and have run out of cogent argument.

John Harper - 8-23-2020 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

X2

John

TedZark - 8-23-2020 at 02:05 PM

JZ - 8-23-2020 at 02:11 PM

Unless you have an underlying health issue, I would argue that you should go. Practice safe social distancing and you have little to fear for yourself or others. You will help ppl in need.

mtgoat666 - 8-23-2020 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Unless you have an underlying health issue, I would argue that you should go. Practice safe social distancing and you have little to fear. You will help ppl in need.

Jizz:
No one cares if You or another gringo gets sick.
Many locals don’t want asymptomatic gringos spreading the disease in communities that have no med facilities...
Some people may want the business from tourists, many other people wish you would just stay out of their community.

Bajazly - 8-23-2020 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  

Let's not make decisions based on opinion polls...

Maybe make decisions on international agreements regarding essential travel and not flock to another country based on person selfish desire to go on vacation. A lot of people just don't want you here right now. Not everything is about the dog almighty US dollar.

FYI, there is a new decontamination stop between the military check and San Felipe, for everybody. They get you out of your car, spray you down then spray the inside of your car.

Don Pisto - 8-23-2020 at 06:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Let's not make decisions based on opinion polls...

Maybe make decisions on international agreements regarding essential travel and not flock to another country based on person selfish desire to go on vacation. A lot of people just don't want you here right now. Not everything is about the dog almighty US dollar.

FYI, there is a new decontamination stop between the military check and San Felipe, for everybody. They get you out of your car, spray you down then spray the inside of your car.

are you serious!:o

pacificobob - 8-23-2020 at 07:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

X2

John

X3

John Harper - 8-24-2020 at 04:55 AM

Quote:

San Ysidro border slow down

CBP Imposes New Measures to Curb Non-Essential Travel Across US-Mexico Border

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/cbp-imposes-new-measu...

"The agency said that in a recent survey, 60% of travel across the border was for non-essential reasons.

To reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S., CBP said it is making adjustments to its operations at entry ports in Mexico to limit non-essential travel.

Affected ports of entry in Baja California include that of San Ysidro, Otay Mesa and Calexico, CBP said.

A prime example of the old saying, "a few rotten apples spoil the barrel" for the rest of us. Just another reason this crisis will continue indefinitely as long as a significant portion of US citizens ignore their civic duty to their nation and fellow citizens.

All WW2 vets must be spinning in their graves. RIP, dad!

Long Live the USSA!!!! Union of Selfish States of Amerika.

John

[Edited on 8-24-2020 by John Harper]

Skully - 8-24-2020 at 05:29 AM

Quote:

San Ysidro border slow down

CBP Imposes New Measures to Curb Non-Essential Travel Across US-Mexico Border

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/cbp-imposes-new-measu...

"The agency said that in a recent survey, 60% of travel across the border was for non-essential reasons.

To reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S., CBP said it is making adjustments to its operations at entry ports in Mexico to limit non-essential travel.

Affected ports of entry in Baja California include that of San Ysidro, Otay Mesa and Calexico, CBP said.

The agency said that in ports of entry, secondary inspections will be conducted on those who are suspected of traveling for an unnecessary reason. During the secondary inspection, individuals will be given educational materials on the coronavirus issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It will be to raise awareness on the pandemic and to ensure travelers understand the risk of border crossing."

Are they scrutinizing the international travelers that are getting to their destinations by air travel or giving those people that attempt to book airline tickets a pop-up with the same "educational materials" when they click on the advertisement that says, "Come to Mexico! The beaches are open!" ?

I bet not.

Skully - 8-24-2020 at 05:48 AM

The article below is what the "Land crossing border slowdown" is all about. It has nothing to do with "limiting the spread of coronavirus" because by restricting the land borders they force more and more people onto crowded airplanes, thereby boosting the bottom line for airlines while at the same time placing everyone on those planes at a higher risk of infection than they would be if they were to travel in their own vehicles.

U.S. passenger airlines were allocated $25 billion in aid, mostly in grants, that would preserve sector jobs through Sept. 30, but carriers have told more than 70,000 workers that their jobs are at risk after that deadline passes.
Meanwhile, travel demand remains at a fraction of last year’s levels and financial losses at airlines are mounting. Executives say a demand recovery to 2019 levels could take years and that appetite for air travel will be limited barring a coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/coronavirus-aid-package-senators-push-for-billions-more-in-airline-aid.html

pauldavidmena - 8-24-2020 at 02:24 PM

I can't speak for them, but what I hear from the local folks is that they want to work and have a job. Much of that depends on tourism. February is a long time from now.

As things reopen there are, yes, going to be new "outbreaks". Of course! The goal was to "flatten the curve".

Draw your own conclusions as I guess you have, but your virtue in not having the vacation you wanted to have, is quite possibly not helping anyone.

I know there are people who are going to be very nasty about my comments above, but I bet they all have plenty of regular income and are doing just fine. Notice also I have not and will not insult or call them names for their opinions (as they will to me). Do understand that when people start calling names and throwing out insults, it means they think they have lost the argument and have run out of cogent argument.

It occurred to me that we probably not visiting as planned might 1) hurt local businesses we would have undoubtedly visited, and 2) mean missing out on a perfectly safe and happy vacation. On the other hand, when my job went remote back on March 12, we thought it might be only for a few weeks. Today has been Day 165. We had to make a decision based on information we had today - not what we hope to be the case in February. Personally I hope we were overly cautious and that other visitors more than make up for our absence in a virus-free BCS come 2021.

In the meantime, we decided to buy some artwork from one of the artists we met during last year's Todos Santos Art Festival. And we joined a kickstarter for a Todos Santos restaurateur to put out a cookbook. Our goal is to spend at least some of what we might have spent during a visit to support local and expat businesses we want to see survive.

Will it replace the experience of being there? Not even close, but at least we're trying to stay connected in our own way.

mtgoat666 - 8-26-2020 at 05:31 AM

Why you should not travel to small towns with no medical facilities... why people don’t want visitors/tourists... Why you should stay home...

...the CDC says its current best estimate is that 40% of infections are asymptomatic and 50% of transmission occur before symptoms occur.

4 of 10 infected people do not know they are infected.

Stay the flock home! Do your part to stop the disease. Don’t be selfish, you can go on vacation later when your actions don’t pose risk of killing someone.

Just read your own posts you blowhard

thebajarunner - 8-26-2020 at 08:36 AM

Why you should not travel to small towns with no medical facilities... why people don’t want visitors/tourists... Why you should stay home...

...the CDC says its current best estimate is that 40% of infections are asymptomatic and 50% of transmission occur before symptoms occur.

4 of 10 infected people do not know they are infected.

Stay the flock home! Do your part to stop the disease. Don’t be selfish, you can go on vacation later when your actions don’t pose risk of killing someone.

You are the one that posted from AZ, NorCal and the Pacific NWest
When challenged you proclaimed.... OH NO< I'M SAFE
I"M THE SMARTEST MAN ON THE NOMAD BOARD

Poof to you and your empty words....
Surprised you did not work Mr. Trump into the blather

CasaMaximus - 9-21-2020 at 07:36 AM

SFO to SJD non-stop on October 11 and returning North on the 18. Celebrating 2 years of home ownership in Todos Santos. Meeting our new groundskeeper who we hired sight unseen on a recommendation from someone on the Baja Western Onion and meeting and hopefully hiring his wife as a housekeeper.

Aside from installing a long overdue door sweep on my front door to keep the outside outside I don't have anything to do to the house, maybe paint a deck rail. Other than that it will be the first time we have had the place to ourselves since we closed. Oh, it is tax time and time to pay our fideicomiso fees and taxes. Other than that we will be exploring the East Cape and snorkeling the Sea of Cortez.

EdZeranski - 9-22-2020 at 08:26 PM

JZ welcome anytime bring your dirt bikes.

Great woofie!!! All our dogs have a Baja 'pedigree'. Want to get back to Loreto and Mag Bay as soon as I figure what is going on.
EdZ
San Diego/Borrego Springs

[Edited on 9-23-2020 by BajaNomad]

Informal roadblocks a real thing?

eguillermo - 9-24-2020 at 07:23 PM

I'd still love to make a trip this winter, but there are questions for sure. Mr. mtgoat has a point: that there might be suspicion and mild hostility from local people who would prefer to do anything to stop the spread of the virus.

Has anyone seen first-hand the kind of roadblock activity mentioned in this article?

"however, we understand that tourists may be turned away and that several towns near the US land border have set-up road blocks to demand ID from people arriving; people are being turned back at these road blocks if they cannot prove they live locally."

Article

JZ - 9-24-2020 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by eguillermo  

Informal roadblocks a real thing?

I'd still love to make a trip this winter, but there are questions for sure. Mr. mtgoat has a point: that there might be suspicion and mild hostility from local people who would prefer to do anything to stop the spread of the virus.

Has anyone seen first-hand the kind of roadblock activity mentioned in this article?

"however, we understand that tourists may be turned away and that several towns near the US land border have set-up road blocks to demand ID from people arriving; people are being turned back at these road blocks if they cannot prove they live locally."

Article

You are good to go. That ended back in June/July. Go and have fun. Support the local economies of Baja. Practice safe procedures just like you would at home.

[Edited on 9-25-2020 by JZ]

The Baja God

Lobsterman - 9-25-2020 at 06:00 AM

Who died and made you the spokesperson for all the baja people. As usual you talk out your ass and make up lies about other people and what they think. The biggest lie you are perpetuating is that you have ever been to baja. Pictures please to support your claim. Otherwise just STFU about your made-up claims. You are a spokesperson for "how to lie and get away with it!"

Jizz:
No one cares if You or another gringo gets sick.
Many locals don’t want asymptomatic gringos spreading the disease in communities that have no med facilities...
Some people may want the business from tourists, many other people wish you would just stay out of their community.[/rquote]

Grenadiers - 9-25-2020 at 10:19 AM

We recently closed on our house in Mulege, and hope to head down soon after the election. However, we’re keen on keeping abreast of Covid infections making their way to that area. We’ll get tested before we leave, and stay home pending new developments. Absorbing daily Talk Baja, Fish Baja on Facebook, is driving me crazy on wanting to leave soon! The fall season here in NW Wisconsin has been wonderful, not much rain. And I’ve been making improvements our overland vehicle, so keeping busy. Buying a boat in BOLA, the Amazon deliveries for vhf radio, fishing gear, etc., adds to anticipation. Argggg!

ehall - 9-25-2020 at 12:52 PM

4Lo fiesta in San Felipe in Oct. I have to be tested every week for work so I am definately well versed in that.

chippy - 9-25-2020 at 05:49 PM

Arrived in La Paz yesterday after smooth sailing from Mazatlan. 104° at Tecolote beach yesterday but the water was perfect. Today a little cooler 101° at Playa de los Muertos with even better water. Off to the Pacific side mañana.:bounce:

Restaurants,hotels,beaches(except Balandra?), stores and the malecon(my daughter roller bladed it 2x) all open. Mask and gel use was evident everywhere. I saw about 20% non use of masks while exercising on the malecon in the early a.m.

The fish tacos are so good here as is the peace and love.

JZ - 9-25-2020 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Arrived in La Paz yesterday after smooth sailing from Mazatlan. 104° at Tecolote beach yesterday but the water was perfect. Today a little cooler 101° at Playa de los Muertos with even better water. Off to the Pacific side mañana.:bounce:

Restaurants,hotels,beaches(except Balandra?), stores and the malecon(my daughter roller bladed it 2x) all open. Mask and gel use was evident everywhere. I saw about 20% non use of masks while exercising on the malecon in the early a.m.

Great to hear.

I can see keeping Balandra closed. It gets wicked crowded there. We avoid it unless it's a random weekday.

My favorite beaches are a couple miles due East of Tecolote. Always deserted.

chippy - 9-25-2020 at 06:03 PM

Great to hear.

I can see keeping Balandra closed. It gets wicked crowded there. We avoid it unless it's a random weekday.

My favorite beaches are a couple miles due East of Tecolote. Always deserted.

Yep to the beaches east. I think everyone should see Balandra once but I agree it´s too crowded and too shallow. So many better beaches near by.

SFandH - 9-25-2020 at 06:06 PM

If everybody avoided crowds there wouldn't be any and that's the best from a virus point of view. Distancing, masks when in close proximity, no crowds.

chippy - 9-25-2020 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
If everybody avoided crowds there wouldn't be any and that's the best from a virus point of view. Distancing, masks when in close proximity, no crowds.

Truth!

JZ - 9-25-2020 at 06:10 PM

Give us an update on the Pacific side when you get there.

chippy - 9-25-2020 at 06:12 PM

Happily:biggrin:

CasaMaximus - 9-28-2020 at 10:35 PM

Home to todos santos on 10/11. My next trip was suppose be via road. Not to be...

Sfo via sjd and a trusty awd VW from there.

chippy - 9-29-2020 at 02:54 PM

OK we left La Paz and hauled azz to SJD to go tackle shopping at my new favorite store. JansenTackle( thanks elskel!). Then we took the naranjos trail from east to west. It was really sketchy down the western slope I´m glad I have a fairly short wheel base truck. I wouldn´t want to do it in a full sized pick up.

I was thinking about staying in Pescadero or Todos but it has changed so much for the worse that I couldn´t get out of there fast enough. La paz for another night then off to Lopez Mateos.

I was hoping to go wahoo fishing in LM and thought I could just show up as in the past and go fishing the next day. Wrong. LM was DEAD. Like a ghost town. Everything locked down. Whales tail Inn closed:no:! Probably my fault for not making contact/res.

Oh well its Mexico adjust and move on. Spent a night in Loreto.Great as always! Asado Super Burro always delivers!

Now here in La Bocana. Blanca and Les are super cool. Had some damn fine lobster at Las Cabañas yesterday. Fishing the estero at campo Rene in the am. Lifes good.

David K - 9-29-2020 at 03:27 PM

Sounds great, chippy. You made the best of it all. I hope you took photos of the scary part of the Los Naranjos Road!

Lopez Mateos was dead when I was there in August 2017, doing my mapping work. I was told that the town almost shuts down any tourist business then... Maybe too hot and humid for most gringos and Chilangos? Mosquitos were heavy at sundown. I stayed at the Hotel Refugio, run by Róman, for 350 pesos.

[Edited on 9-29-2020 by David K]

chippy - 9-29-2020 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Sounds great, chippy. You made the best of it all. I hope you took photos of the scary part of the Los Naranjos Road!

[Edited on 9-29-2020 by David K]

Nope. My wife and daughter weren´t having any part of it:lol: and I was on the cliff side driving. Thankfully someone had stacked some rocks on the wash outs so it wasn´t labor intensive. I do have photos of the drive though just not the gnarly parts.

JZ - 9-29-2020 at 09:05 PM

OK we left La Paz and hauled azz to SJD to go tackle shopping at my new favorite store. JansenTackle( thanks elskel!). Then we took the naranjos trail from east to west. It was really sketchy down the western slope I´m glad I have a fairly short wheel base truck. I wouldn´t want to do it in a full sized pick up.

I was thinking about staying in Pescadero or Todos but it has changed so much for the worse that I couldn´t get out of there fast enough. La paz for another night then off to Lopez Mateos.

I was hoping to go wahoo fishing in LM and thought I could just show up as in the past and go fishing the next day. Wrong. LM was DEAD. Like a ghost town. Everything locked down. Whales tail Inn closed:no:! Probably my fault for not making contact/res.

Oh well its Mexico adjust and move on. Spent a night in Loreto.Great as always! Asado Super Burro always delivers!

Now here in La Bocana. Blanca and Les are super cool. Had some damn fine lobster at Las Cabañas yesterday. Fishing the estero at campo Rene in the am. Lifes good.

Very nice. Jealous.

I haven't done the Naranjos trail yet. Been thinking about doing it soon. We have a 3/4 ton. I've heard it can be done with a full size.

Are you saying it's a no-go?

"Are you saying it's a no-go?"

AKgringo - 9-29-2020 at 09:23 PM

I drove that road in an Isuzu Trooper from east to west in February, and unless things have changed this season, you would have no problem. The west slope was the only area that had some tight spots, but nothing that presented a challenge.

Cerxes23 - 9-30-2020 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the update on the current situation.

chippy - 9-30-2020 at 01:35 PM

Very nice. Jealous.

I haven't done the Naranjos trail yet. Been thinking about doing it soon. We have a 3/4 ton. I've heard it can be done with a full size.

Are you saying it's a no-go?

I think you´ll be ok in your truck. There are just a couple of spots that will be very tight. Might need a spotter?

JZ - 9-30-2020 at 07:06 PM

I think you´ll be ok in your truck. There are just a couple of spots that will be very tight. Might need a spotter?

Good to hear. I really want to give it a go.

Probably one of 4 or 5 big trails we haven't conquered yet.

CasaMaximus - 10-9-2020 at 02:32 PM

Unless you have an underlying health issue, I would argue that you should go. Practice safe social distancing and you have little to fear for yourself or others. You will help ppl in need.

What JZ said. Be safe use common sense and courtesy. I have stayed away as long as I can. My groundskeeper needs to be resupplied and every single person I have spoken to in Todos Santos wants (desperately needs) the business / work and infusion of dollars and pesos ahead of the season in order for there to be a season for them to have a next season.

[Edited on 10-9-2020 by CasaMaximus]