BajaNomad

Chula Vista to Loreto

billklaser - 9-15-2020 at 02:30 PM

Traveled from Chula Vista to Loreto left at sunup Monday am. Drove up 94 crossed at Tecate. They looked in the back of my truck quickly & passed us through. Took Mex 2, 2D, 5 through San Felipe to Mex 1. Waved through all the stops no inspections. At the agricultural stop at GN, they took our temps & recorded where we were coming from & where going. This a Covid filter inspection. I was unaware of this. No big deal though. Very polite. Inspection at San Ignacio looked in back of truck, then passed us through. Passed through the military inspection North of Loreto. For the record we own property in Loreto & have RP cards and proof of ownership. Never asked for anything. Nice drive, very little traffic, good road conditions, a few short detours on road work.

[Edited on 9-15-2020 by billklaser]

JZ - 9-15-2020 at 02:49 PM

Great update. Thank you for sharing, this is very helpful for those of us who are eager to get back to Baja.

David K - 9-15-2020 at 03:59 PM

Yes, thank you Bill!

BajaBlanca - 9-15-2020 at 06:19 PM

We just went through the military check point north of Loreto and the 2 searchers bent over the front seat in such a way that both Les and I had to really work to keep an eye that nothing was taken.

Folks, don't get complacent. Take your wallets, documents and your cash out with you.