BajaNomad

Hotel in Loreto

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-17-2020 at 05:09 PM

Hello to all you Nomads. I am new to this forum, I'm still trying to figure all of this out.
I run a small hotel in Loreto and I just wanted to let you all know we are open for buisness. We are clean and responsible about keeping everyone safe and healthy. I look forward to meeting, and getting to know you all. Here is a link to my website if you are interested.

www.cococabanasandcasitas.com

Thanks, Tyson

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-17-2020 at 05:18 PM

We also have a 3 bedroom house and a 1 bedroom appartment in Punta Abreojos with great rates. If you are not familiar with Punta Abreojos it is a great little fishing village on the Pacific Ocean side, just north of San Ignacio. It is very popular with anglers as well as surfers, I absolutely love it there. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, Tyson

Loreto Marina

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-17-2020 at 05:53 PM

For those of you unaware, Loreto has recently re-opened the marina for recreational fishing, and pleasure boating activities. If you need help finding the right captain for your needs, or booking a room or house, please let me know. I run a small hotel here in Loreto.

Thanks, Tyson

BajaBlanca - 9-17-2020 at 06:52 PM

We were just in Loreto! We have stayed at your place many times. It is indeed clean!

When did you start? Is Barrett still involved?

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-17-2020 at 09:44 PM

BajaBlanca I Have been here managing it for over a year and a half now. Dad is pretty much retired, except for advise and such. Im managing both places now, Punta Abreojos, and Loreto, Still learning, but I live in Loreto full time.

BajaBlanca - 9-18-2020 at 01:40 PM

Sounds good! Congrats on the managing!! Is the pool still there?

David K - 9-18-2020 at 02:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

I am guessing The Hotel Cocos Cabañas and the Coco Cabanas Casitas are either different places or did one replace the other?

We stayed there in 2009... the cooled pool in July was great!
http://cococabanasloreto.com/?page_id=536

My 2009 photo:

bill erhardt - 9-18-2020 at 02:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cococabanasandcasitas  
BajaBlanca I Have been here managing it for over a year and a half now. Dad is pretty much retired, except for advise and such. Im managing both places now, Punta Abreojos, and Loreto, Still learning, but I live in Loreto full time.

I spent the night at one of your houses in Abreojos a couple of years ago and in the afternoon your dad drove with me to La Bocana to meet Blanca and Les. Later we sat at your kitchen kitchen table exchanging stories into the wee hours of the morning (well past my usual bedtime of 8:30). It was a great trip and I enjoyed every minute of it. Give your dad my regards when you talk to him.

Lengua - 9-18-2020 at 03:11 PM

How about your Uncle Steve , is he still around?

Lengua - 9-18-2020 at 03:13 PM

Tyson , this is the Merino family , we will be back .Weve been to your dads place many times. Keep the faith

mtgoat666 - 9-18-2020 at 03:49 PM

For those of you unaware, Loreto has recently re-opened the marina for recreational fishing, and pleasure boating activities.

are gringos still prohibited from using the boat ramp?

bill erhardt - 9-18-2020 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
For those of you unaware, Loreto has recently re-opened the marina for recreational fishing, and pleasure boating activities.

No

Howard - 9-18-2020 at 05:43 PM

Tyson, I hope your a better poker player than you dad! :biggrin:

Newby

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-18-2020 at 08:32 PM

Sorry Everyone, I am so new to this forum. I am kind of slow at this. I have had a long day at work. Just figuring it out.

BajaBlanca - 9-18-2020 at 08:55 PM

You will get the hang of it! Be sure to tag SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION so that you can see when comments are questions to your thread (or someone else's) has had an update.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 02:54 PM

Hi BajaBlanka Thank you, and yes the original pool and we have a newer bigger pool now as well.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 03:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bill erhardt  

I spent the night at one of your houses in Abreojos a couple of years ago and in the afternoon your dad drove with me to La Bocana to meet Blanca and Les. Later we sat at your kitchen kitchen table exchanging stories into the wee hours of the morning (well past my usual bedtime of 8:30). It was a great trip and I enjoyed every minute of it. Give your dad my regards when you talk to him.

Sorry about that Bill, I put the quote for Blanka in the wrong post. I am still learnig how to navigate this forum. I am glad you ha a good time with dad in P.A.

I will tell him next time we talk. Thank you.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Tyson, I hope your a better poker player than you dad! :biggrin:

Jajaja we just may do that someday Howard

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lengua  
How about your Uncle Steve , is he still around?

Yes he is.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 05:46 PM

You will get the hang of it! Be sure to tag SEND EMAIL NOTIFICATION so that you can see when comments are questions to your thread (or someone else's) has had an update.

I will get there someday.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Anyone can launch there now

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 05:50 PM

Thank you. You should come by next time you are in Loreto.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I am guessing The Hotel Cocos Cabañas and the Coco Cabanas Casitas are either different places or did one replace the other?

We stayed there in 2009... the cooled pool in July was great!
http://cococabanasloreto.com/?page_id=536

My 2009 photo:

Hi there DavidK. There are to different businessess her on the same property We have different employees and everything except the pools and all other common areas. If anyone here wants to book a reservation should contact me directly.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-19-2020 at 06:04 PM

The pool chiller is not running in either pools at the moment.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-20-2020 at 03:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lengua  
Tyson , this is the Merino family , we will be back .Weve been to your dads place many times. Keep the faith

Thanks Lengua. I hope to see you there sometime.

msteve1014 - 9-21-2020 at 09:45 AM

You have a chiller for the pool water? That is way COOL.

David K - 9-21-2020 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

Yes, it was most refreshing if you go in the summer! We were there in July 2009.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-21-2020 at 11:26 AM

It is nice when the chiller is working. We ha a fire in the meter box that the chiller was on, still waiting for new meters so we can get it chilling again. We like to keep it at 87 degrees, some say it is too cold, but it feels great to me. I hope to have it back running soon.

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-21-2020 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

Jajaja, COOL:lol:

cococabanasandcasitas - 9-23-2020 at 10:30 AM

Hi all. I hope I got to all of your questions. If not please message me with a reminder. If anyone wants to make a reservation or check the place out I will leave my info. below. Thanks.

+52 646 257-0901 Encenada phone #
barrett@coco-cabanas.com
twscalapino@gmail.com
cococabanasandcasitas.com