BajaNomad

Convalescent Plasma

JZ - 9-23-2020 at 08:23 PM

A story from a well know poster on a college football message board I'm on. It might help some on here.

"August 30th I came in contact with someone who had covid. September 2nd, I developed a nagging cough. September 3rd I go to ER due to multiple symptoms of covid, test comes back Positive.

I'm home quarantine, first 8 days the symptoms are pretty mild, i can tolerate it even though it sucks.

Day 9 and 10 came at he fast and hard, fever is 103.8 wouldn't go below that. I check my Oximeter and my oxygen levels are at 78%. at this point its soo hard to catch my breath without coughing.

I decided to go get admitted since there is nothing else for me to do at home. I get checked in, 1st thing nurse does, is oxygen mask,followed by CT scan on lungs. Confirms Pneumonia in both lungs.

I still have all the other symptoms( fever, headache, achy body, exhaustion, diarrhea, hives all over body, loss of taste, and smell )

As soon as I get my own room, Nurse tells me that they are gonna give me Rendezavier. A half hour later the tell me its a no go, since im past the point of it being effective. The next option is Convalescent plasma. They hook it up to my IV and let the juices flow. At this point I'm pretty much out of it. its like 2 in the morning I'm exhausted. Felt like I was on my death bed.

I wake up at 530 am. Literally all the symptoms were gone I felt great, by the afternoon I was having coherent conversations with my family.

Convalescent plasma is truly a got sent miracle. Not even 24 hours and I was feeling great.

I'm still in hospital room recovering, main issue is draining the fluids from my lungs that way i can breath better. DOC told me i can expect to discharge tomorrow."

mtgoat666 - 9-23-2020 at 08:58 PM

Still an experimental treatment, under testing (and your College football sample size of n=1 does not a statistic make). I doubt you will find this treatment available in baja on your next vacation, So Don’t start licking door knobs yet!

Ateo - 9-23-2020 at 10:22 PM

I love Trump but has anyone else noticed he cannot pronounce the word "plasma" correctly?

JZ - 9-23-2020 at 10:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I love Trump but has anyone else noticed he cannot pronounce the word "plasma" correctly?

Pls keep the politics out of this thread.

Ateo - 9-24-2020 at 07:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

OK, sounds good.

BajaMama - 9-24-2020 at 08:09 AM

This has been a promising treatment for months now. It removes antibodies from recently recovered covid-19 patients and places those antibodies into current covid patients whose bodies are failing to create antibodies quickly enough.

[Edited on 9-24-2020 by BajaMama]

TMW - 9-24-2020 at 05:15 PM

Anything that works is worth a try.

motoged - 9-24-2020 at 05:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Elocution VS election.....one is political, the other represents a person's ability to speak properly....never mind think properly :light:

PS Who made you a moderator ?