BajaNomad

September Fishing Report...BAHIA ASUNCION

shari - 10-2-2020 at 02:56 PM

Fishing has been excellent for Yellowtail in the 15-35lb range...now all we need are more fishers! There have been some dorado in the kelp paddies and under dead floating sea lions, some marlin spotted and a local guy hooked and lost a wahoo so October is going to be great! So come on down and visit!

My daughter was happy to get out and bend a rod finally!

Guests have been getting easy limits of YT close to town and some nice calico bass too...lots of locals happy with gifted fish these days!

Nomad Chippy, Susan & Ale had a great day on the pond with Capt. Juan Arce Marron...sashimi on deck...5,4,3,2,1

The women have hauled in all the big ones the last couple weeks!
The weather is beautiful....weird not a storm in all of September...October should get interesting...on so many levels...haha

mjs - 10-2-2020 at 04:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Fishing has been excellent for Yellowtail in the 15-35lb range...now all we need are more fishers! There have been some dorado in the kelp paddies and under dead floating sea lions, some marlin spotted and a local guy hooked and

I've seen that fisher person before :yes:

Might have to get back down for some more YT.

Bajaboy - 10-2-2020 at 08:25 PM

Shari, Tarraya and Luis got a 55# and one just shy of that....so the big boys are around. Also, there have been sightings of big wahoo in the area...we'll see. See you soon amiga!

shari - 10-3-2020 at 08:37 AM

yes, Ross has gotten a few brutes....big for this time of year! Typical....great fishing season and not many fishermen! grrr
Have a safe trip down...look forward to one of your cervezas.

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Shari, Tarraya and Luis got a 55# and one just shy of that....so the big boys are around. Also, there have been sightings of big wahoo in the area...we'll see. See you soon amiga!

elgatoloco - 10-3-2020 at 12:04 PM

Nice! Catch one for me.

JZ - 10-3-2020 at 10:25 PM

Very nice. Keep the stories coming.