BajaNomad

Mulege hotel recommendation

WendyEllen - 11-12-2020 at 02:07 PM

Can anyone please recommend a hotel in Mulege with secure parking?
Thanks!

BajaBlanca - 11-12-2020 at 02:19 PM

What is the one that is on the cliff with nice rooms and not too expensive??? Run by a woman who has been there forever...

dang, I am getting OLD and forgetful.

EDIT - Looked it up and it is Las Casitas just past Santa Rosalia. Not Mulege.

[Edited on 11-12-2020 by BajaBlanca]

AKgringo - 11-12-2020 at 02:30 PM

A couple of years ago, I enjoyed staying at the Hotel Hacienda. It is right next to the town square, with parking accessible from the street behind the hotel.

If there is a concert in the square, you will not need to leave your room to enjoy it!
http://www.hotelhaciendamulege.com/

Bob and Susan - 11-12-2020 at 02:46 PM

think clean...

covid19 wont be gone until summer

who slept in that bed before you?

Tioloco - 11-12-2020 at 02:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
A couple of years ago, I enjoyed staying at the Hotel Hacienda. It is right next to the town square, with parking accessible from the street behind the hotel.

If there is a concert in the square, you will not need to leave your room to enjoy it!
http://www.hotelhaciendamulege.com/

$350 pesos a night (according to their website) sounds pretty reasonable.

JZ - 11-12-2020 at 03:13 PM

Playa Frambes. Great place. Right on the bay.

[Edited on 11-12-2020 by JZ]

Bob and Susan - 11-12-2020 at 03:35 PM

thanks jz its better now than when you were here...

its not GREAT but clean and you WILL NOT get covid19 here

my staff "boils" the rooms

reservation only right now...we live in a risky time

C205Driver - 11-12-2020 at 07:50 PM

La Hacienda, close to everything, friendly, cost effective, ...

Mother of Dragons - 11-14-2020 at 08:26 AM

There’s a couple with a couple of trailers down at El Coyote that are promoting it as Glamping.
You would be right there at the beautiful bay but have to drive to town for groceries but the drive is minor.
Here’s their FB. I have never been to it.
https://www.facebook.com/BajaGlamping/

MulegeAL - 11-14-2020 at 09:15 AM

La Hacienda rolls the door closed on their parking area for the night. Central to all of Mulege, walk or bike to most everything.

BajaBill74 - 11-14-2020 at 09:45 AM

For secure parking, you can't beat Mulege Inn. You park in the quad and a gate is locked at night. Office is open 24 hours and can open gate for you if necessary.

There is a pretty good restaurant across the street.

RocketJSquirrel - 11-14-2020 at 03:00 PM

A bit over a year ago, I stayed at Clementine's - great location, very nice and clean private room with private bath. Set up kind of like a hostel but with private room/bath - BIG communal kitchen and lounge area - easy to meet other similar people - or hang in your private room. Run by a super nice guy. Safe area - didn't worry about the car. Easy drive to downtown for good food and margaritas. It's an airbnb here: https://es-l.airbnb.com/rooms/31651035/photos/987863453?sour...

We had two queen beds for about 1300 pesos total. Much nicer and more homey than doing a motel/hotel.

The photos are okay, but the vibe is even better.

Bob and Susan - 11-14-2020 at 03:46 PM

everyone traveling NEEDS to consider the COVID19 risks...

you need to think about how a unit is cleaned...

who was in that unit before you?
is the furniture wiped with cleaners?
is the shower bleached?
has the toilet seat and bowel actually been sanitized?
what about the sink where you brush your teeth and spit?
is the bedspread cleaned between clients?
and sleeping in someones tent...wow...think of the germs in the cloth

we still have one more year to be careful
next year it'll be like normal

i normally wouldnt say anything but COVID19 is not just getting a flu and being sick...
its a very contagious virus that could hospitalize you OR kill you.

dont check your brain at the border...think and plan

BajaBlanca - 11-14-2020 at 04:08 PM

It is more work but not impossible to sanitize completely. I would stay in our hotel in a heartbeat.

Bob and Susan - 11-14-2020 at 06:06 PM

i stayed at the mission hotel just north of San Quintin...cleanest ever
eating place on site the cleanest ive ever seen...needs paint but wow clean
all rooms filled at night... i'd give it a A+

Catavina Mission hotel B+ staff great but bathroom needed clorox
sheets clean but replaced blankets with my own
food good but no extra cleaning in the dining room
take out

i'm not sick...so all ok

JZ - 11-14-2020 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
thanks jz its better now than when you were here...

its not GREAT but clean and you WILL NOT get covid19 here

my staff "boils" the rooms

reservation only right now...we live in a risky time

Next time we come down I'll bring the drove and get you some good video and still shots.

surabi - 11-14-2020 at 06:51 PM

everyone traveling NEEDS to consider the COVID19 risks...

you need to think about how a unit is cleaned...

who was in that unit before you?
is the furniture wiped with cleaners?
is the shower bleached?
has the toilet seat and bowel actually been sanitized?
what about the sink where you brush your teeth and spit?
is the bedspread cleaned between clients?
and sleeping in someones tent...wow...think of the germs in the cloth

we still have one more year to be careful
next year it'll be like normal

i normally wouldnt say anything but COVID19 is not just getting a flu and being sick...
its a very contagious virus that could hospitalize you OR kill you.

dont check your brain at the border...think and plan

You are absolutely right- I would be extremely careful about where I stayed and camping with one's own gear is definitely the safest option right now.

But as you and Blanca point out, it is quite possible to clean a room to COVID-safe standards. But I doubt there are many people doing it. All items which people touch need to be virus-sterilized- light switches, remotes, faucet handles, doorknobs, etc. (I have always done such things in my Airbnb listing, long before COVID)

I haven't hosted my private room/ private bath Airbnb since March as guests normally share my kitchen and it wouldn't be practical not to offer that as there are no restaurants or stores nearby my place. And shared spaces are not a risk I'm willing to take nor do I want to encourage people to travel right now.

If they find some other Airbnb to book, so be it, at least I'm not contributing to the spread of COVID.

Bob and Susan - 11-15-2020 at 06:49 AM

actually more people traveled baja this summer than other years...

mexican tourists not able to cross the border to the usa or fly to europe
vacationed in baja

americans are driving south now but NO canadians

no europeans or guests from brazil

the world is mostly still shut down

gnukid - 11-15-2020 at 06:59 AM

actually more people traveled baja this summer than other years...

mexican tourists not able to cross the border to the usa or fly to europe
vacationed in baja

americans are driving south now but NO canadians

no europeans or guests from brazil

the world is mostly still shut down

There are tons of Canadians arriving, jamming pack full the camps, they implemented a workaround to pay Americans to drive their campers and cars across the border and they meetup and continue. Down here in BCS its already overrun with Canadians driving down prices arranging over the cost of a tomato or lime while they fill the arroyos and beaches camping for free.

Canadians campers in Baja will be the sole survivors of the crisis. Hide your molsens and don't leave fruit on the table.

Bob and Susan - 11-15-2020 at 08:26 AM

i really dont see many canadians...and im on the road daily
maybe yours flew down and store a car in baja during the summer to drive in the winter

the road is empty compared to other yrs...
the american plated cars are arriving

some off road stuff but not like other years

boats driving by are few...

weebray - 11-15-2020 at 09:07 AM

Just finished a visit to the "otro lado". It was not particularly relaxing. I will try to post a simple trip report. One thing I can confirm is that you should skip Mulege, nothing has changed.

gnukid - 11-15-2020 at 09:24 AM

maybe yours flew down and store a car in baja during the summer to drive in the winter

In La Paz, La Ventana, Muertos and Los Barriles it's full speed ahead, beaches packed, hundreds arriving weekly for the season. Here the focus is on adventure sports, biking and e-biking, motos, quads, side by side ate, kiting, windsurfing, winging, hiking, diving for fun, not so much about sport fishing, but yes there are many pangas going out when the wind allows. Big Dorado catch this week...

chippy - 11-15-2020 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

In La Paz, La Ventana, Muertos and Los Barriles it's full speed ahead, beaches packed, hundreds arriving weekly for the season. Here the focus is on adventure sports, biking and e-biking, motos, quads, side by side ate, kiting, windsurfing, winging, hiking, diving for fun, not so much about sport fishing, but yes there are many pangas going out when the wind allows. Big Dorado catch this week...

I was just in La Paz last week for a couple of days. The last time I saw so few gringos on the peninsula and ferry to Maz. was 40+ years ago. Good times!

gnukid - 11-15-2020 at 10:32 AM

La Paz has some mobility restrictions depending on whim, so on Malecon and beaches and in stores and restaurants you see less people together there, but at other more secluded locations there is higher traffic with some distancing and people are enjoying hotel pools and more private facilities.

To be clear, my point is that Canadians and other travel restricted countries are using workarounds and arriving for sports activities while managing covid precautions, sedentary extranjero seniors are not getting out so much, crowds are minimal since that is against the precautions.

Many options exist for secluded holidays for those interested.

I am not promoting travel, simply commenting that we have high traffic of Canadians doing sports per usual, as well as global travelers.

We expect the next 45 days to continue with high traffic though perhaps less than previous years.

Tiburon Ballena tour season is open today or tomorrow, whale watching too on the pacific coming soon, snorlkeling, sailing, panga tours, e-biking is the new rage, pickle ball, winging with foil boards, SUP etc.. swimming, hiking all in full swing.

COVID precautions are in place and being closely reviewed by tropism staff and occasional inspectors, periodic arrival of police and health inspectors and so forth to shut down buen fin sales, bars, restaurants and parties that exceed limits.

Los Tianguis or outdoor street sales in La Paz are canceled for this holiday season, as are Dias de San Javier, Carnaval etc.

baja Steve - 11-15-2020 at 10:43 AM

Gnukid must either living a a different place or in a dream world. I talk to several local people in La Paz each week and they tell me a different story.

Bob and Susan - 11-15-2020 at 10:47 AM

if there are alot of canadians down there they ARE NOT driving down...

there are NO canadian plates traveling down hwy1

only american plates and mexican plates

im on hwy1 daily and talk to alot of people

gnukid - 11-15-2020 at 07:49 PM

Today was packed jam full everywhere I went, beyond maxed out, long lines to enter or leave stores, there was not a spot to park anywhere... slow traffic jams, thousands going to beaches and roadside picnicking at every turnout and tree, with distance. Canadians in all directions. Typical for this time of year. I suspect it's different depending on where you go, La Paz is not Mulege or Loreto here's full speed ahead, everyone is having a good time while staying safe 30 people at the Christian church ceremony gathering in La Paz, 25 at the Catholic Mass in the pueblo this afternoon, socially distanced. Stay safe high risk Nomad Seniors with all precautions, while managing your health, diet, get some sunshine, fresh air and enjoy life with family and friends.

[Edited on 11-16-2020 by gnukid]

JZ - 11-15-2020 at 07:56 PM

I hardly ever see Canadians in Baja.

In San Carlos on the mainland they are everywhere.

surabi - 11-15-2020 at 09:41 PM

...thousands going to beaches and roadside picnicking at every turnout and tree, with distance. Canadians in all directions. [Edited on 11-16-2020 by gnukid]

Thousands? Is that like the "million" Trump supporters in D.C., that was actually a fraction of that?

Bob and Susan - 11-16-2020 at 05:41 AM

gnukid...thousands? "come on man"

picture? i didnt think so

its currently clear cooling and brezzzy...a perfect winter...

this weekend is a holiday weekend here so there could be a few locals on the beaches but not alot...

its not really beach weather anymore
...well...unless you are from canada

not many sick here like the usa but people shouldnt let their guard down

the risk goes up as people move inside and share "inside air"
outdoors you'll be ok if you distance

and you wont get the virus driving in your car...
no mask required while driving

[Edited on 11-16-2020 by Bob and Susan]

gnukid - 11-16-2020 at 06:50 AM

Happy Monday,

Perhaps you forget, last year we were all grounded and many yearly visitors delayed their return, ultimately, many more left their cars/campers in Baja due to uncertainty, storage facilities were maxed, now, many (Canadians) flew back loaded with pets and supplies, other Canadans who drove used the piggy back technique with full knowledge and support of border patrol, to allow USA drivers to cross and meetup up with Canadians who took short flights.

Not sure why this is shocking or upsetting to you or that you are surprised people didn't stop in Mulege or not as many drove because they left their cars here and people are out and about because it's great weather finally not too hot and not too cold for the first time in a long time, albeit hotter this week.

After a long long day of errands, I ended up taking a break, before cooking, on the road from La Paz to to Punta Arena / Ensenada Muertos, as I had driven to La Paz to visit Homedepot, Soriana, Chedraui etc, which were the most crowded I have seen due to Buen Fin Sales and I saw many Canadian plates, many who are yearly friends, and crowds causing traffic to max out at 10-15mph on the freeway. Stores, roads, beaches and roadside picnics packed to the gills, but that's to be expected over the next 45 days.

I met friends buying yachts, property, houses, missionaries, its on 100%.

Here is some tourist info for those interested, I have no affiliation other than I find these to be reliable and in service today. Feel free tp PM me with sincere questions about the region.

Whale Shark Tours La Paz
Dr. Nezahualpilli Tovar Lee https://web.facebook.com/neztl

EcoCalafia La Paz
612 203 9492
eco.tourscalafia@gmail.com

Hiking to Santiago Waterfalls and cave painting with Author and Indian Painting Expert Anibal Lopez
https://web.facebook.com/aquasurvivor
aniballpz@hotmail.com
https://www.baja4elements.com/

Kite Boarding La Ventana Bay
lessons@elevationkiteboarding.com

Sport Fishing Muertos/Punta Arena/Cerralvo
Lucero Sport Fishing
624 125 7217

Christian Fellowship
Crossroads Christian Fellowship in La Paz at Casa Buena on Sundays
Belisario Dominguez 3065
entre Sonora y Sinaloa
La Paz, B.C.S. 23060
Mexico
ph: 52-612-122-5538

[Edited on 11-16-2020 by gnukid]

gnukid - 11-16-2020 at 07:13 AM

Warning: I witnessed people entering the water in bathing suits without cubrebocas, or gloves or even using hand sanitizer at the beach, people riding bikes without cubrebocas, scuba diving and snorkeling without curbebocas!!!

If you risk averse and are scared of potential contact with athletic people exercising out and about, please stay inside your home.

mtgoat666 - 11-16-2020 at 07:25 AM

Warning: I witnessed people entering the water in bathing suits without cubrebocas, or gloves or even using hand sanitizer at the beach, people riding bikes without cubrebocas, scuba diving and snorkeling without curbebocas!!!

If you risk averse and are scared of potential contact with athletic people exercising out and about, please stay inside your home.

Paul,
You not immune just because you got not job, have no kids and play all day.
You Are middle aged man like every other middle aged man, and have elevated risk due to your age alone.
Look at the science.
Eating lots of veggies and staying active only protects you a little, age is the enemy. Even fit people get the disease and die like fat people.

gnukid - 11-17-2020 at 07:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Eating lots of veggies and staying active only protects you a little, age is the enemy. Even fit people get the disease and die like fat people.

Key to health is sunshine, fresh air, barefoot contact with earth, fresh local fruits, vegetables, meat and fish.

Last year when COVID hit, I began to research in depth about virus and health, hours and hours, every free moment in fear of death, I read every study and translated global studies, I shared many of those here. Of course, there is conflicting information, and everyone is different.

The one thing that came to light is that deficiency in nutrition is the key cause of bio-physical illness and mental imbalance causing severe debilitating lllness.

Most common factor to provoke illness, colds and fever is related to nutritional deficiency combined with stress, excess refined sugars (corn syrup), refined grains (flour), combined with high stress (varies in type between for men and women and age)

The day I arrived in Baja last year in October I was recruited by chemists to help with a technology patent on sub-atomic precious mineral extraction to use as nutrient supplement, medicine, makeup, fertilizer etc. to address deficiencies. I did some patent research to better understand if there were charlatans or if evidence existed to support relationship between sub-atomic minerals, nutrition and health and there are thousands of studies and patents to substantiate the relationship to health. I called family and associates in leading pharmaceutical companies and institutions and they were all aware and interested.

Soon, this chemical patent work became all too consuming, 16 hours a day to make elixirs and products.

Until, one day I came to the realization, the effort to replace deficiency through high cost supplemental ingestion of minerals and vitamins was somewhat futile, all of these efforts to extract precious minerals and create sub-atomic particles to put in health products occurs naturally, but, people fail to ingest a broad diet of healthy food to satisfy their nutritional needs.

I began an experiment with my family and friends, noting those with illness, thyroid issues, hyper-tension, panic attacks, physical issues etc.

I began to plan broad healthy meal plans that would satisfy a each persons needs and procure a broad variety of healthy foods everyday and prepare those recipes, I didn't tell my family and loved ones what I was I doing, I just cooked and cooked and made salads and smoothies, and cut fruits and served them throughout the day.

In 30 days the change in health was noticeable, in 60 days blood tests revealed huge improvement, in 90 days symptoms had subsided in including allergies, hyper-tension, hyper-thyroid nervous panic attacks and as a group people were calmer, more patient, thinner, and we were all getting along happily.

Now we have one year of eating healthy, no one remembers being sick. Far fewer are taking prescription medicines and everyone is happier, though it is a great deal of work to procure fresh foods and prepare them daily.

No one has had cold or COVID since then and we are out and about, helping each other and extended families and communities.

Still, there are those family and friends who isolated who are not eating healthy diets, and they continue on prescriptions, pale, weak and detriotating.

Health is personal choice, it's your body and your responsibility to choose the lifestyle you want and manage your health.

Isolation, facemasks and chemical sanitizers are the highest risk behavior to your health.

Your body, your choice. Not hard to understand. No one can force you to be healthy, no one can force to be unhealthy. Make the choice.

[Edited on 11-17-2020 by gnukid]

bajaric - 11-17-2020 at 08:58 AM

I heard a duck.

Regarding hotel rooms, I read an interesting article about how covid spreads. It seems that there is a sort of threshold of exposure, where people need to be indoors, in the same room, with an infected person for a minimum of 15 minutes to get infected. So, things like dinner parties, church services, indoor weddings and so forth are the culprits. Outdoor activities, not so much. No reason to close the beaches or limit outdoor activities.

Another route of exposure, apparently, is aerosols that are expelled from the toilet when it is flushed. In either case, it is virus particles floating around in the air in a confined indoor area that lead to infection. So, my conclusion is the best way to sanitize a hotel room is to put in a fan, open all the windows and doors, and blow all of the air out of the room for a couple of hours. Then bleach around the toilet, and that should do the trick. The thing to avoid is moving in to a stuffy room right after the previous guests have vacated. Also, avoid hotels with sealed rooms that are interconnected with ventilation ducts. I have been in rooms like that in high rise hotels in Vegas, where the windows were sealed shut because people kept throwing crap out the window into the pool.

AKgringo - 11-17-2020 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Just finished a visit to the "otro lado". It was not particularly relaxing. I will try to post a simple trip report. One thing I can confirm is that you should skip Mulege, nothing has changed.

I suppose it is a matter of perspective. One of the things I like about Mulege, is how little it has changed compared to other Baja destinations!

gnukid - 11-17-2020 at 03:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
I heard a duck.

Regarding hotel rooms, I read an interesting article about how covid spreads. It seems that there is a sort of threshold of exposure, where people need to be indoors, in the same room, with an infected person for a minimum of 15 minutes to get infected. So, things like dinner parties, church services, indoor weddings and so forth are the culprits. Outdoor activities, not so much. No reason to close the beaches or limit outdoor activities.

Another route of exposure, apparently, is aerosols that are expelled from the toilet when it is flushed. In either case, it is virus particles floating around in the air in a confined indoor area that lead to infection. So, my conclusion is the best way to sanitize a hotel room is to put in a fan, open all the windows and doors, and blow all of the air out of the room for a couple of hours. Then bleach around the toilet, and that should do the trick. The thing to avoid is moving in to a stuffy room right after the previous guests have vacated. Also, avoid hotels with sealed rooms that are interconnected with ventilation ducts. I have been in rooms like that in high rise hotels in Vegas, where the windows were sealed shut because people kept throwing crap out the window into the pool.

Clarification, a virus is not a living organism and has no qualities of a living organism, "Live Virus" is a misnomer, a virus is a protein which is dead, our bodies grow virus as an expression of toxicity. There is no evidence that people are contagious through aerosol transmission or tactical auto-transmission. Though it has been shown that the body expresses "virus" or a signature of similar appearance of toxic cellular qualities with RNA of "virus", though virus is not a living thing that you breath in or ingest and it lives in you. Those are mis-communications that are intentional to cause stress and fear which can provoke illness.

A virus is not contagious, just like getting drunk with a friend is not "contagious", except by similar habit, or two women who are pregnant at the same time are not contagious with pregnancy, though certainly similar behavior types can have similar outcomes.

Laughter is said to be contagious and a good or bad mood, which can be chemical or electromagnetic energy related, it's not entirely understood, like the law of attraction, you attract what you put out there.

Similarly many bio-physical functions can be synced or similar but are not contagious, such as female cycles.

The expression of virus is generated by the human body in response to environment both internal and external. So, people in highly polluted areas have similar illness, a plane is highly toxic environment as can be a closed room with recirculating air, that can provoke a response to toxicity, but it is not contagious.

Pollution also occurs in electro-magnetic frequencies, we are increasing polluting the EMF environment, with thousands of satellites being launched and wifi devices, IOT, cellular phones, radio, tv, etc these pollutants also create toxicity and provoke expression of cellular toxicity.

Each person has high level of expression of toxicity as a normal human process, perhaps 30% of the body is garbage being expressed, when that level exceeds a limit, the body is saturated and symptoms are evident, requiring recuperation, rest, nutrition, and time to heal.

Promotion of CV as a contagious illness is not supported by evidence, hundreds of studies have been done putting sick people and animals together in sealed environments with healthy people and no significant increase of illness occurred in healthy people or animals.

Fauci, CDC et all, did invest our CDC money, millions in Fort Dietrick, USA and in Wuhan China in methods to increase CV fever and provoke human response potentially as a bioweapon. Why? Apparently there is a strategic reason? Ask him? Or we can assume it is the most obvious reason, to require mail in ballots to control an election, to change the destiny of the USA and other countries for control and profit of Globalists. Many questions remain about what is CV and why are we restricting mobility for a flu less dangerous than many other illnesses? Why now?

Truth with always be revealed eventually and lies will always be exposed, be patient but vigilant to pursue the truth and pursue fraud, prosecute those associated to fraud with the maximum penalties.

Go about your lives, be social, engage others, celebrate life!

https://www.b-tchute.com/video/rngQ62nmakdi/

https://www.thoughtco.com/cell-theory-373300

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/11/24/cdc-inspectio...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/29/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-s...

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/why-us-outsourced-bat-virus-re...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11507231/dr-fauci-7-4-million-...

[Edited on 11-18-2020 by gnukid]

RocketJSquirrel - 11-17-2020 at 04:09 PM

Uh... back to lodging in Mulege? I know it is selfish of me, but that's why I'm reading this thread.

gnukid - 11-17-2020 at 04:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
Uh... back to lodging in Mulege? I know it is selfish of me, but that's why I'm reading this thread.

Yeah no responding to posters, no multi location threads, only controlled single topic keyword related discussion because RocketJSquierlll's head will explode if there is multi-threaded non-linear discussion, or instead he/she could go choose not to read and go read the dictionary.

RocketJSquirrel - 11-17-2020 at 05:02 PM

Or... I don't know... perhaps you could start your own covid thread? Instead of hijacking a thread about lodging in Mulege - which is I what I want to learn more about for my next trip south.

I am quite amazed that the government has not availed itself of the great covid expertise on this board. With all the knowledge here I am sure the scourge could be wiped out rather quickly! I just wish the experts here would properly label their discussions/their great expositions, so we could all find and marvel at their knowledge. Wow! Perhaps such labelling would allow government officials to find these great founts of wisdom and get them on board. I eagerly await the day!

So sad they have not yet been found to be the saviors of our society they can and should be.

I love you!

gnukid - 11-17-2020 at 05:16 PM

The relevance of the thread is that the posters mention hotel recommendations and theorize about Canadians and others ability to travel and COVID risk of infection precautions.

The points about the contagiousness of COVID and whereabouts of Canadians are relevant and could be helpful for those interested in the topic.

Key Takeaways:

Canadians are here though they didn't drive as often as in the past

Your risk of infection from COVID is low here

Your personal behavior and your environment are the frontlines of your health

Business opportunities include building a covered car and boat storage as well as health food, smoothies and outdoor adventure tourism

Lastly, RocketJSquirel you should have invested in Tesla 6 months ago, and Boeing and GE last week, but you won't listen so why are you here again?

Mr. Bills - 11-17-2020 at 05:24 PM

So, what are the top three hotels in Mulege?

If one is traveling in a Sprinter, good campgrounds?

RocketJSquirrel - 11-17-2020 at 05:25 PM

I invested in petroleum when it went negative and did very nicely, thank you. I do appreciate your investment advice though. I'd don't play the market much. Gambling is not my thing.

As a flying squirrel, I have to play the odds carefully.

RocketJSquirrel - 11-17-2020 at 05:27 PM

Lastly, RocketJSquirel you should have invested in Tesla 6 months ago, and Boeing and GE last week, but you won't listen so why are you here again?

Geez, I hadn't realized this was an investment thread. Forgive me, I was looking for details on Mulege lodging! I am way off track!

RocketJSquirrel - 11-17-2020 at 05:55 PM

gnukid - I am sure you realize a gnu is a wildebeest? And as such, one of the lesser intelligent animals on the plains? Pretty much lion chow?

gnukid - 11-17-2020 at 07:15 PM

Interesting that globally the most successful treatments to date for COVID are ivermectin and hydroxychlorine both of which are parasitic medicine and not medicines for treating viral infections?

Why?

motoged - 11-18-2020 at 12:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I hardly ever see Canadians in Baja.

Jizzy,
Lucky Canucks :lol:

BeemerDan - 11-18-2020 at 03:53 AM

Enjoy the winter Ged: :cool:

motoged - 11-18-2020 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Enjoy the winter Ged: :cool:

BD,
We have had a few cold snaps and two snow dumps. I had carpal tunnel surgery on left hand last week after decades of "waiting until I really needed it" :biggrin:

Shoveling prompted me to buy a snow blower....and it probably won't snow much now ,,, :rolleyes:

I am prepared to continue following health protocols and that's fine with me.....considering the experience to be a form of spiritual retreat.....except I get to use the internet and tv and don't have to wear a hair shirt.

Sure miss the privilege of being able to travel and spend some time in Baja this winter....but I can handle the disappointment while I look forward to the next trip....

Hope you and yours manage this upcoming winter in good spirits and health. :saint: :coolup:

Don Pisto - 11-18-2020 at 11:39 AM

heck northern baja is too cold for me! and yes I had to google "hair shirt":)

motoged - 11-18-2020 at 12:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
heck northern baja is too cold for me! and yes I had to google "hair shirt":)

Just trying to minimize my self-flagelation ... too kinky for me ....but it had some appeal for the missionaries....:biggrin: