BajaNomad

Archery Equipment legal in Baja?

LancairDriver - 11-12-2020 at 06:44 PM

I understand firearms are allowed under some circumstances such as hunting with certain permits. But what about archery equipment which can be just as lethal in the right hands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

[Edited on 11-13-2020 by LancairDriver]

Sandlefoot - 11-12-2020 at 07:06 PM

From what I understand, a long bow is ok, a cross bow firing bolts...is not!!! The only other thing that might be a problem is the tips on your arrows. Target...probably okay. Hunting...not my call!!!

Happy Trails!

AKgringo - 11-12-2020 at 07:22 PM

That was an impressive video, I had no idea a bow and arrows could be that versatile!

Many years ago, my son and I were both interested in hunting with bows, so we took ours along in a hard case when we did a three month family road trip. We intended to practice with them a lot more than actually happened, but the point is, no inspection point on the mainland or Baja cared about them.

Again, that was a long time ago!

mtgoat666 - 11-12-2020 at 08:23 PM

I have seen archery targets set up in a few parks and other places in Baja, so people must be doing archery here and there.

Crossbows and hunting bows might raise eyebrows at the border or military stops.

Mexico has been competing in archery in the olympics. I recall a woman got silver in an event a few years ago.