BajaNomad

Beautiful Bahia de los Angeles with bears

Graham - 11-19-2020 at 09:41 AM

In this difficult year just published my sixth photo-packed Baja Kindle eBook: "Paddy's Further Adventures." Available for FREE till Nov 23.

The Blurb....

The continuing story of Paddy, a large, washed up Teddy Bear found by "socially isolating" author Graham Mackintosh - on his birthday - in Bahia de los Angeles, Baja California, Mexico.

This book recounts Paddy's adventures and misadventures in and around LA Bay, his travels by kayak to remote beaches and uninhabited islands, and his developing relationship with the beautiful and fragrant Lavender, another Teddy Bear gift of the universe!

With the aid of more than 100 full-page color photographs, and a splash of British humor, Paddy's Further Adventures tells of exciting encounters with whales, dolphins, rattlesnakes, whale sharks, ospreys and dozens of desert and marine species.

Suitable for children and adults alike, a touching informative look at the wonders of the Sea of Cortez and this beautiful part of Baja California.

A sequel to Paddy's Huggy Adventures, which relates how the raggedy sand-and-seaweed covered bear miraculously came to the author when he'd had his fill of isolating and was in need of a hug.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NT7GTYN/ref=dbs_a_def_r...

IMG_5239a.JPG - 168kB IMG_1497c.JPG - 135kB IMG_2494a.JPG - 82kB IMG_5757b.JPG - 147kB

David K - 11-19-2020 at 10:33 AM

Did the bears get an FMM at the border or are they Baja bears? LOL
Thanks, Graham!

Graham - 11-19-2020 at 10:51 AM

Ha ha! Definitely Baja bears. Paddy from driftwood in LA Bay. Lavender rescued from a dusty box in San Quintin.

BornFisher - 11-19-2020 at 12:04 PM

Thought it was a typo and was supposed to be beers!
Will check it out, another Graham adventure!!

Graham - 11-19-2020 at 12:17 PM

LOL. Hola Bill. Confess there were usually beers as well as bears on the kayak... didn't mention that as wanted to make this also a children's book.

TMW - 11-19-2020 at 06:09 PM

Interesting

mtgoat666 - 11-19-2020 at 06:17 PM

The sequel to “Nearer my Dog the Thee”

“Nearer my stuffy to thee”

Skipjack Joe - 11-19-2020 at 06:29 PM

Graham,

Last night I rented the video documentary 'Kon Tiki', released in 1952 I believe. Just to show you how little was still known about ocean life by 'scientists' I'll give a brief description of their encounters with a whale shark that followed their raft They were terrified of it. They thought it would destroy their raft with it's 'menacing jaws'. Nobody was allowed into the water when it was around. They tried to capture it on rod and line using an entire dorado for bait. Finally, for whatever reason, they decided to harpoon this menace. They were amazed by it's power when the leviathan then dived snapping the line and dislodging the harpoon.

These men were archeologists and not biologists but, regardless, every schoolboy now the feeding habits of a whale shark. In fact, the islanders likely knew more about it than they did.

Graham - 11-19-2020 at 07:53 PM

OMG. Sad... thank God we've learned more since then.

Whale-ista - 11-19-2020 at 08:27 PM

Congratulations on expanding your writing into children's literature.
Wonderful photos!

So happy you found a partner to be in your "Baja Bubble"- and then added Lavender to your travels.

wilderone - 11-20-2020 at 10:34 AM

Love the story line and photos - all the best to you, Graham

cindi

Graham - 11-20-2020 at 08:12 PM

Thanks Whale-ista and Wilderone.

Glad to share. So many pictures of beautiful LA Bay and Islands... and amazing wildlife... as background to bear story. Been great to kayak with them day and night. Soon back for more.

Kindle Book still available Free till Nov 23. then price shoots up to $2.99 :)