BajaNomad

Bahia Concepcion

HeyMulegeScott - 12-6-2020 at 06:07 PM

Nice conditions early on Wednesday. Paddled out from Burro to Coyote Island. A little windy on the way back.

https://heymulege.com/2020/12/02/beach-report/

advrider - 12-6-2020 at 06:22 PM

Very nice, more pictures and info please....

HeyMulegeScott - 12-6-2020 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Very nice, more pictures and info please....

Thanks. More info and pics in the link. Let me know if there are more details you want we have a limited amount of data with Telcel and Verizon.

advrider - 12-7-2020 at 07:02 AM

Thanks, totally missed that...

David K - 12-7-2020 at 09:10 AM

Buenos Dias!

advrider, when I was researching for the Baja Bound road guide, I visited each campo, noted the kilometer marker and distance from the highway, and took photos.
I think I included all of that in my Trip #2 Report, posted here on Nomad... if that is of any help. That was made in Feb. 2017. I wouldn't mind doing a recap, either.

Scott, I will get to work on that other request, today!

advrider - 12-7-2020 at 05:02 PM

Thanks, totally missed that...

HeyMulegeScott - 12-7-2020 at 05:33 PM

Thanks, David. advrider - No worries. Let me know if you need more info.

Coyote this morning.

Mother of Dragons - 12-8-2020 at 08:40 AM

We were at Coyote last week and there was only 3 other camp sites taken It was heaven. Until the wind kicked up but still heaven.
Until someone parked right on top of us but we fixed that😉

[Edited on 12-8-2020 by Mother of Dragons]

Pages from the guide (pre-publication version)

David K - 12-8-2020 at 08:53 AM

Bahía Concepción pages:

HeyMulegeScott - 12-8-2020 at 06:45 PM

Mother of Dragons - Funny how people like to camp next to others. Spread out peeps!

David K - That guide will be great if they ever get around to publishing.

David K - 12-8-2020 at 06:47 PM

Agreed! We just need everyone to return to driving to Baja and buying Baja Bound Insurance!

Mother of Dragons - 12-9-2020 at 08:10 AM

Strange how they want to camp on top of you Scott. I still can’t figure out the thinking.

Barry A. - 12-9-2020 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mother of Dragons  
Strange how they want to camp on top of you Scott. I still can’t figure out the thinking.

Yep!!!! The one's that come in late at night, park right along side of you, and then party for an hour or two are the one's I really love!!! Arghhhhhh!!!

David K - 12-9-2020 at 01:33 PM

Why I usually camp where 4WD is needed to get there... to enjoy quiet nights and sound sleep. When we do camp with other Nomads, there is a respect for each other in where we set up...

Campsites of David K, edm1 (Art), and Ken Cooke on the otherwise deserted Shell Island.

Mother of Dragons - 12-10-2020 at 01:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Yep!!!! The one's that come in late at night, park right along side of you, and then party for an hour or two are the one's I really love!!! Arghhhhhh!!!

Boom..that’s what happened one night but they had 3 screaming babies with them too.
They moved.

msteve1014 - 12-10-2020 at 03:10 PM

Boom..that’s what happened one night but they had 3 screaming babies with them too.
They moved.

Don't forget the generator, they always run the generator to power the a.c. and microwave.

BornFisher - 12-10-2020 at 05:12 PM

Happened to me in the USA too. Once at the Salton Sea and once in Utah. Both times Europeans. I suspect they camp near others for security.
BTW the two couples from the Czech Republic in Utah were great.

mtgoat666 - 12-10-2020 at 07:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

They moved.

Don't forget the generator, they always run the generator to power the a.c. and microwave.

They run the generator to fill the silence. Silence is a scary vacuum they cannot abide.

Mother of Dragons - 12-11-2020 at 09:08 AM

It’s just weird. To pull in next to someone, and I mean right on top of you, when almost all of Coyote was empty bewilders me.

As far as gens, I once had a lady next to us that not only sat inside ALL day watching tv and running ac next to us at an almost non gen campground and we were at the beach on a cool day.
Wth? Why go camping if you’re going to sit on the sofa watching tv? Her husband sat outside looking embarrassed. Leave her at home next time.

The worst Baja RV camper I know....

AKgringo - 12-11-2020 at 10:19 AM

That would be an in-law of our family! My parents spent about a half a year on the road every year during the 70s and 80s. They both loved the adventure of travel, but my mom loved the social aspect of caravanning, so they were frequently "Wagon masters" on RV trips to Baja.

My sister's father in-law had never been to Mexico, but talked his way into traveling with my parents on one of their trips. His "motor home" was a converted diesel pusher bus, that he added standard household appliances.

Since he was afraid to buy any food in Mexico, he kept a loud, stinky diesel generator running almost non stop to keep a chest freezer full of food from thawing!

Mother of Dragons - 12-11-2020 at 10:23 AM

Oh that’s rough AK Gringo. People..I tell ya..smh

HeyMulegeScott - 12-24-2020 at 11:58 AM

Feliz Navidad prospero año nuevo y felicidad. Perfect conditions on Tuesday. Still not crowded.

David K - 12-24-2020 at 11:59 AM

Sweet! Merry Christmas!

HeyMulegeScott - 1-18-2021 at 05:53 PM

82 degrees and no wind today. Beaches are still pretty empty.

David K - 1-18-2021 at 06:04 PM

No Bad Days?

MulegeAL - 1-18-2021 at 07:23 PM

82 F? That's terrible! I head south tomorrow.

HeyMulegeScott - 2-7-2021 at 09:49 AM

We did some tent camping this past week at Coyote. A little more crowded but still nothing compared to previous years. Saw the bioluminescence in the water. Nice temps and little to no wind.