BajaNomad

San Felipe to Loreto

Mother of Dragons - 12-8-2020 at 08:56 AM

I don’t have a lot to post but just drove from Mexicali west to Loreto and flew back to LAX.
Masks while walking around town or in shops.
I got kicked out of OXXO twice for no mask, my bad.

San Felipe..Gonzaga...BOLA..San Ignacio, a new favorite although ice cream shop was closed, .Mulegé..Requeson, Coyote and Loreto...love Baja...

Airport was crowded. Flight was about 2/3 full. You would never know there was a pandemic.

All my flights were full almost full come to think of it.

I thought, imo...., that is was dead down there. Empty beaches. Businesses shut down everywhere.

Mulegé and Loreto seemed the most normal. Loreto has a mad cow disease thing going on with washing your shoes so be careful cuz I slid into the airport and a few restaurants with those tile floors.

Perfect weather if you love afternoon wind which was fine and Baja Midnight at 5pm.

Life is good.

[Edited on 12-8-2020 by Mother of Dragons]

David K - 12-8-2020 at 09:18 AM

Thanks Khaleesi! :light:

Mother of Dragons - 12-8-2020 at 11:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks Khaleesi! :light:

Thank you for ALL your help as always. Next time we are doing the Mission you told me about out of BOLA but without the trailer. I want to see the cut stairs.

eguillermo - 12-9-2020 at 02:23 PM

Sounds quite chill, with nothing out of the ordinary but the masks!

Other posts have got me all nervous about roadblocks and people demanding proof that I have essential business.

Glad to hear you had a normal Baja-lovin' drive :)

Mother of Dragons - 12-10-2020 at 01:32 PM

No roadblocks. I did notice the white law enforcement cars some people mentioned on here but otherwise just very very quiet. Heaven.