BajaNomad

Mexican Brownies

Mula - 12-21-2020 at 03:24 PM

Great Christmas Sweet.

I make them every year . . .

On Boxing day we always make tamales and this brownie recipe. This is more like a cookie than a cake and the cinnamon/chili flavors are a perfect dessert to the tamales. These go really well with Port.

Aaron Sanchez's Mexican Brownies
Ingredients
� 2 sticks of unsalted butter
� 2 cups sugar
� 4 large eggs
� 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
� 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
� 1 cup all-purpose flour
� 1 teaspoon ground Mexican cinnamon (canela)
� 1/4 teaspoon pequin chili powder or cayenne pepper
� 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
� 1/2 teaspoon baking power

Directions

Preheat oven to 350; line a 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Press the paper into the corners of the pan and lightly grease with butter.

Melt two sticks of butter in a nonstick sauce pan over med-low heat; do not boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the sauce pan and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.

Add the cocoa, flour, cinnamon, chili power, salt and baking powder and mix until smooth. Spread the batter in the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fudgy, 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack, then use the parchment paper to lift out the brownies before slicing.

David K - 12-21-2020 at 03:28 PM

:bounce:

Merry Christmas Mula!

[Edited on 12-21-2020 by David K]

BajaBlanca - 12-21-2020 at 06:52 PM

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bill erhardt - 12-22-2020 at 05:23 AM

Glad to hear you're back and thinking about good things to eat. I missed you before I gave up on the fall season on the banks and towed my boat across the hill to Loreto.

pacificobob - 12-22-2020 at 10:58 AM

i also enjoy Mexican brownies.......mine have different ingredients.

Mother of Dragons - 12-22-2020 at 01:32 PM

These sound really good. Thank you for posting the recipe.

TMW - 12-22-2020 at 07:23 PM

Wow I want some.