BajaNomad

Moto dealers in La Paz?

KasloKid - 1-13-2021 at 12:28 AM

I'm looking for an inmate on a moto forum for a shop in La Paz that sells moto tires, chains and sprockets for a Honda CB500X.
Anybody with knowledge of one or a few that have a decent stock on hand?
Thx.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by KasloKid]

JZ - 1-13-2021 at 06:28 AM

There are a bunch of them. Think I went to everyone of them one day, looking for a replacement seat for my KTM. My kid forgot to bolt the seat on and it came off when we were driving.

Ended up locating a foam seat pad. My MX friends put red duck tape on it, and it worked just fine for the rest of our trip.

Honda Motos
Blvd. Forjadores Esquina Sinaloa, 23040 La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
+52 612 129 5311
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WVMqKq8fES4ob5Kb8

Foam pad:

After TMO (Typical Mexican Operation):

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by JZ]

motoged - 1-13-2021 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
I'm looking for an inmate on a moto forum for a shop in La Paz that sells moto tires, chains and sprockets for a Honda CB500X.
Anybody with knowledge of one or a few that have a decent stock on hand?
Thx.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by KasloKid]

The existing shops may not have tire/tube sizes needed....or more specific parts like correct chain pitch, etc.

My experience is Ensenada shops may have what you need....order and have them shipped if they have the parts. Secondly, you may have to order from USA.

A few years ago while in Mulege (Kurt G can confirm), another moto-guest at La Hacienda was on a pimped KLR....fluent in Spanish but apparently not in moto travel. He had a flat, didn't know how to fix it....ended up getting local shop to patch tube....made it to GN before patch failed and shop wrecked tire when remounting it....was insistent on ordering tire from states....and it took 2 weeks to arrive.....he ignored Mulege mechanics suggestion to seek tire in Ensenada....

So...... quick solutions take longer for such requests.

Bueno suerte.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by motoged]

KasloKid - 1-13-2021 at 12:44 PM

Thanks for the link and input. I'll pass it on.