BajaNomad

Baja Driving Trip to Cabo and Back

MexicoTed - 1-14-2021 at 12:03 PM

Hey Nomads,

I'm curious to hear thoughts on driving down the peninsula from ex-pats, locals, and especially business owners like Shari, Antonio and more.

I am leaving on the Baja XL Rally late January for a 10 day mainly off-road trip to Cabo and back. Just an FYI, we are required to provide a negative Covid test 72 hours before we leave in order to go, required to wear masks at all times around the public and will be camping 6 out of 10 nights.

I know many of you have different opinions on this, but wondering how important our economic impact would be to the local businesses such as restaurants, gas stations, activities and lodging.

Thanks,
Ted

[Edited on 1-14-2021 by MexicoTed]

mtgoat666 - 1-14-2021 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MexicoTed  

I am leaving on the Baja XL Rally late January for a 10 day mainly off-road trip to Cabo and back.

I know many of you have different opinions on this, but wondering how important our economic impact would be to the local businesses such as restaurants, gas stations, activities and lodging.

Thanks,
Ted

Lots of off-roaders traveling in baja, ranging from individuals to tour groups and races. One tour group among many tour group will be a small economic impact amongst the totality of all off roading in baja. Every little bit helps, i suppose.

To maximaize your economic impact, tip well, buy the most expensive meal on menu, and have lots of mechanical failures requiring expensive local repairs!

MexicoTed - 1-14-2021 at 08:29 PM

Well said.

RocketJSquirrel - 1-16-2021 at 02:52 PM

I agree. Help out the local folks. Even for pumping gas.

As long as you are careful, you're fine.