BajaNomad

Rancho Santa Inez

Slowmad - 3-30-2005 at 12:23 PM

An old favorite, primarily for traditional, nostalgic reasons.
Recent March lunch. Ordered cheese enchiladas. At Santa Inez, these are served luke-warm to cool. Excellent "estilo casera" (home-style) flavor to the sauce. Tangy ranch cheese. Dense, dimensional corn tortillas. Excellent beans. Pleasant, smiling vibe.
Food: 3/5; Service: 4/5; Value: 3/5; Ambience: 4/5

David K - 3-30-2005 at 07:41 PM

I agree, although it is a bit pricey... It is a nostalgia stop. Matilda and Oscar are always nice... and her machaca (beef) tacos are really yummy. Do get some before tackling the 'road' to Mision Santa Maria. I almost never pass by, without a stop... just like before the road was paved!

About the spelling... there are several: Ynez, Ines, Inez, Ynes. The owner of the ranch (Fred) prefers Ynez. Most mapmakers and the gov't. use Ines... Go figure!:lol:

BornFisher - 4-9-2005 at 07:39 PM

Yeah they are a bit pricey but ohhhhh.......... those beef tacos with the fried tortillas and cabbage and cheese and tomato and greese dripping out of them, with the re-re-re-refried beans................. How can one resist if it`s around lunch time and you`re starving???? A guy has to eat!!!

Sorry to say.....

Debra - 4-9-2005 at 10:03 PM

I did decide to pass Rancho Inez by on the last couple of trips.....once it was a "must' stop.....but, $8 USD for 2 tacos and a cervasa.....sorry, no, can do.......:no: