BajaNomad

Went to San Ignacio for a couple hours Feb 9, 2021

BajaBlanca - 2-10-2021 at 03:17 PM

We had to go to San Ignacio to get my insulin yesterday.

They are still working on the bridge right before the military check point. Many guys, tons of rebar.

For the first time ever, no one was at the military checkpoint headed south! No one to even wave us through.

We ate outside at La Huerta and, as always, it was really tasty. I had the enchilada suiza and Les had the huevos rancheros. One group inside and only us outside on a gorgeous day.

JZ - 2-10-2021 at 03:29 PM

You are making us all jealous.

eguillermo - 2-10-2021 at 03:37 PM

True -- it is always my hope that I'll just be waved through, but no one even there? That's a dream come true :)

Enrique2012 - 2-10-2021 at 03:47 PM

There wouldn't be any tears if that checkpoint went away permanently. Keeping my fingers crossed.

advrider - 2-10-2021 at 08:53 PM

I've been trying to stay at that hotel sense it open and never have they had a vacant room! Might have to just try the restaurant next time if I can't get a room. Sounds like it was a good trip.

aburruss - 2-12-2021 at 08:44 PM

I've never had an issue getting a room at La Huerta. My favorite place to stay in MOST of Baja. They typically respond to emails quite quickly, and at some times rooms are available on booking.com.

mtgoat666 - 2-12-2021 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I've been trying to stay at that hotel sense it open and never have they had a vacant room! Might have to just try the restaurant next time if I can't get a room. Sounds like it was a good trip.

Reservations help...
During tourist season rooms may not be available w/o advance reservation