BajaNomad

Trip report: Loreto to Pescadero

Lee - 2-13-2021 at 10:39 AM

Stores in Loreto requiring masks. Most gringoes not masked in public though it’s mandatory in BCS. SW of Aqua Amarga to Insurgentes tule type fog lucky to be behind a large truck going down the hill.

Ciudad had a Guardia N. End of town. La Paz had a Guardia N. Of Centenario searching a young Mx’s car. Waved though the Estatal checkpoint S. End of La Paz.

Todos was bustling lots of unmasked tourists around Hotel California (last Tuesday), more cars then I remember. Wife disagreed. Road S. Of town being repaved from ice factory to Hgwy 19 go-around. Guardia at N. End of Pescadero.

Most cafes restaurants seemed open in Pescadero. Less masks noticed by everyone. Lots of construction along Las Playas.

mtgoat666 - 2-13-2021 at 11:12 AM

Gringos parting in Mexico w/o masks or a care in the world are simply putting themselves and others at risk...

I have noticed that my doctor and nurse friends and family are universally strict about social distancing, masking and hand washing.

The pandemic is not a hoax like the red voters have been brainwashed to believe

pauldavidmena - 2-13-2021 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Stores in Loreto requiring masks. Most gringoes not masked in public though it’s mandatory in BCS. SW of Aqua Amarga to Insurgentes tule type fog lucky to be behind a large truck going down the hill.

Ciudad had a Guardia N. End of town. La Paz had a Guardia N. Of Centenario searching a young Mx’s car. Waved though the Estatal checkpoint S. End of La Paz.

Todos was bustling lots of unmasked tourists around Hotel California (last Tuesday), more cars then I remember. Wife disagreed. Road S. Of town being repaved from ice factory to Hgwy 19 go-around. Guardia at N. End of Pescadero.

Most cafes restaurants seemed open in Pescadero. Less masks noticed by everyone. Lots of construction along Las Playas.

To your point, it's not the locals who are keeping me from visiting Baja this winter - it's them p1nche yanquis!