BajaNomad

San Quintin - Cafe Mision Santa Isabel

Neal Johns - 3-30-2005 at 12:59 PM

American ambiance, clean, excellant food, good prices, fast service, good parking. On east side of road. Half gringos, half locals.

Slowmad - 3-30-2005 at 04:43 PM

A donde? Close to the military base? The "sushi" joint? I gots to know! I currently have no San Q chow hookup!
:?:

Mision Santa Isabel: Found!

David K - 3-30-2005 at 06:55 PM

It is excellent... Antonio (BajaCactus) and I had dinner there on our way to El Rosario. Inexpensive, great soup, good fish, the best cheese cake!

As noted already, it is on your left (southbound) a mile before the town of San Quintin.

I think I found the Lost Mission!:lol:

Neal Johns - 3-30-2005 at 08:48 PM

Big sign on top.

cafe mission santa isabel

comitan - 3-30-2005 at 09:12 PM

We make it a point to be there for breakfast every time we go north, Just have to have thier Juevos rancheros. But the last time they were not as good I think that they are like all restaurants and have different cooks on different shifts.

bajajudy - 4-2-2005 at 02:06 PM

We have driven with our stomachs in our hands so we could make it to Santa Inez to eat. Killer carne asada plate. And the huevos rancheros are usually great. Nice people and clean banos.

Mision Santa Isabel

latitude26n - 4-10-2005 at 10:57 AM

We too have found the breakfasts to be hit or miss and will usually drive past there in the a.m. But we never pass by there at dinner time and will keep going until we get there- luckily they're open until 10pm. The steak "Tampaquena" melts in your mouth, soups are good, omelets at dinnertime are great, and if there's room, the flan is not too shabby.

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by latitude26n]