BajaNomad

Somewhere south of Mulege

HeyMulegeScott - 3-17-2021 at 08:54 AM

Somebody posted an interactive trip report on this area that isn't available anymore. I just did a quick trip up here yesterday. 26.656410, -112.131020

Harald had given me coordinates to a ranch that had cave paintings but I got too late of a start to continue up this rugged and rocky road. To be continued...

HeyMulegeScott - 3-17-2021 at 08:59 AM

This would not be a good place to be in a storm.

4x4abc - 3-17-2021 at 09:29 AM

how is the road condition?
I want to drive that one soon

HeyMulegeScott - 3-17-2021 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
how is the road condition?
I want to drive that one soon

The part I drove is in good condition. I was about 2,600 ft and elevation and could see it kept on climbing. Best to do it before storm season. I can see this part getting destroyed. Let me know if you decide to do it. I would go again. Might throw in some camping gear and do La Purisima too.

4x4abc - 3-17-2021 at 10:32 AM

sounds good

MulegeAL - 3-19-2021 at 09:16 AM

Chuparossa canyon! Always rough and tough!

The next one to the south at Guajadami is rougher. See if you can find a buddy for that one, it goes through to San Isidro. SxS's have been going through this season.

HeyMulegeScott - 3-19-2021 at 10:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MulegeAL  
Chuparossa canyon! Always rough and tough!

The next one to the south at Guajadami is rougher. See if you can find a buddy for that one, it goes through to San Isidro. SxS's have been going through this season.

Thanks. Good idea on having a buddy. Hopefully, I can connect with Harald. My wife is saying we need to head north after Easter to get a new fridge for the RV.

This was the interactive report that doesn't work anymore - http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=93232

I'm shocked David K hasn't popped into the thread yet with detailed maps and history.

Mulege Canuck - 3-19-2021 at 12:09 PM

I love those mountain roads behind Mulege. One day i need to retire my old Taco in Mulege.

Thanks for posting.