BajaNomad

Vaccines in La Bocana today!

BajaBlanca - 3-19-2021 at 03:48 PM

Anyone over 60 can get vaccinated here in town today, tomorrow and Monday.

This woman takes your name and they will call to give you the appt time, I added the name of two Bahia Asuncion residents and we will be given a call tomorrow with the appt. time for Monday.

This woman gets medical info for those that are about to get vaccinated.

Here is where you wait to get the shot.

and this is where you sit waiting to see if you will have a reaction.

They are applying a Chinese vaccine called SINOVAC. Everything was incredibly organized. Quite impressive!

VIVA LA BOCANA!!!

pacificobob - 3-19-2021 at 04:14 PM

excellent news......did you see gnukid in line?

JZ - 3-19-2021 at 04:59 PM

Great to see.

Bajaboy - 3-20-2021 at 07:58 AM

Hope they do something similar in Bahia Asuncion.

BajaBlanca - 3-20-2021 at 01:37 PM

I am sure they will.

Skipjack Joe - 3-20-2021 at 05:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
excellent news......did you see gnukid in line?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He's probably at the front of the line. "Screw the vitamin C. I'm playing the odds".

AKgringo - 3-20-2021 at 07:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hmmm... no 6 ft. spacing??

I think the Mexico standard was 1.5 meters!

David K - 3-20-2021 at 07:40 PM

I don't see 4 ft between those waiting people either??

BajaBlanca - 3-21-2021 at 07:12 AM

No, they did not have enough distance between folks but at least everyone was outside.

Edit to add that no one is deathly sick with Covid here. Quite astounding that MANY got covid but recovered quickly. Two seniors died in our community of 1600.

That is not the case in Brazil where the nightmare is atrocious.

[Edited on 3-21-2021 by BajaBlanca]

larryC - 3-21-2021 at 07:50 AM

Here in BoLA they administered the Astrazeneca vaccine.

pauldavidmena - 3-21-2021 at 09:17 AM

One more reason for me to wish that I was in La Bocana! Here on Cape Cod my wife and I become eligible tomorrow, but a shortage of the vaccine has made it extremely difficult to get an appointment.

Bajaboy - 3-21-2021 at 06:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I don't see 4 ft between those waiting people either??

Some people say it's just a hoax and will go away after the election:light:

Skipjack Joe - 3-21-2021 at 08:00 PM

The expats at Asuncion are getting vaccinated tomorrow in Vizcaino. The vaccine will be Sinovac, from China. The reports of it's efficacy are all over the place but the most recent from Turkey (phase 3 trial) is 83%. Earlier Brazil claimed 50%. United Emirates was 92%. I'm thinking Brazil has it's own variant of the virus which the vaccine is less effective. Well, we'll use what there is. Johnson and Johnson is in the same ballpark and is now used in the States.

JZ - 3-22-2021 at 08:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
The expats at Asuncion are getting vaccinated tomorrow in Vizcaino. The vaccine will be Sinovac, from China. The reports of it's efficacy are all over the place but the most recent from Turkey (phase 3 trial) is 83%. Earlier Brazil claimed 50%. United Emirates was 92%. I'm thinking Brazil has it's own variant of the virus which the vaccine is less effective. Well, we'll use what there is. Johnson and Johnson is in the same ballpark and is now used in the States.

J&J says it is 100% effective at stopping hospitalizations and deaths.

Hook - 3-22-2021 at 11:31 AM

Over here, most all the vaccines for Mexicans have been Pfizer. Mexico certainly has quite a variety.

In AZ, most everyone I know who has driven up and gotten it, it was all Moderna.

JZ - 3-22-2021 at 11:58 AM

A girl that works for me in Texas is getting vaccinated on Wednesday. She is in her early 30's.

She said they aren't promoting it for that age group, but if you ask for it they will provide it. Thought that was cool.

pauldavidmena - 3-22-2021 at 01:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
A girl that works for me in Texas is getting vaccinated on Wednesday. She is in her early 30's.

She said they aren't promoting it for that age group, but if you ask for it they will provide it. Thought that was cool.

It's the opposite situation here on Cape Cod, where there are more people clamoring to be vaccinated than there are available doses. The state of Massachusetts only has one mass vaccination site on the Cape, leaving residents to scramble to make appointments with pharmacies and health providers via websites that are often overwhelmed. It's a bit like the Hunger Games, but instead of people shooting at one another, they're all tripping over one other to be shot!

Skipjack Joe - 3-22-2021 at 02:06 PM

Just got my Sinovac vaccine jab this morning. It wasn’t very painful but my eyes seem to be narrowing.

rogbag - 3-23-2021 at 07:40 AM

Got my Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. I heard from other people in line that they had extra vaccine available and would do shots until they were gone for anybody. They were not supposed to do the Pfizer because of refrigeration requirements, but that is what they were using here in Los Barriles.

JZ - 3-23-2021 at 08:00 AM

Sounds like Baja is getting blanketed pretty good.

tiotomasbcs - 3-23-2021 at 04:59 PM

Ln BCS--Todos Santos area we need to present a CURP Card...proper residency. Phizer. Some long lines and waiting time from a few to 6 hrs. Many, many seniors all in conformity of rules. Applause when Vaccine arrived with La Brigada soldiers! Gave me chicken skin..orgullo for esa gente!

BajaBlanca - 3-23-2021 at 08:31 PM

Here are two photos I took yesterday. As I said, it was all incredibly organized and I got a call late in the afternoon asking if I had taken the vaccine here.

shari - 3-24-2021 at 10:30 AM

in Guerrero Negro there are vaccines to spare so they offered them to other communities as VERY few people here want the vaccine. The first round had some takers but a couple days ago there was another clinic set up at the hospital & hardly anyone went...word on the street is people are wary of it & waiting to see if it is safe.

Don Pisto - 3-24-2021 at 11:05 AM

distrust in federal government? Imagine that!:(

BajaBlanca - 3-24-2021 at 11:45 AM

Boy, we had zero reaction to the pfizer.

I am going to ask around town.

Cancamo - 3-24-2021 at 11:57 AM

Pfizer, Miraflores last Friday.
No side effects or pain.
Very efficient, thorough procedure, impressive.
Second dose April 9.

Light at the end of the Corona tunnel.

Skipjack Joe - 3-24-2021 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by shari  
...people are wary of it & waiting to see if it is safe.
Wary in general, or about some brand specifically?

Which vaccine are they administering?

As for "safe", I too have reservations, but it seems that the problems we need to be concerned about after their having passed current testing regimes, are likely to be longer term and we won't know that for some time to come.

So how long do we wait to feel confident? :coolup:

The turkey thought and thought and ended up being soup.