BajaNomad

Live Aboard Power Boat For Sale?

Doug Landolfi - 3-24-2021 at 02:21 PM

I am searching for a live-aboard power boat currently located anywhere along the Baja coast in the Gulf of California. My preferred size is 35 to 40 feet in length. I would be willing to consider the purchase of 100% or 50% or 33% ownership. My goal is to live aboard for 3 to 4 weeks at a time, a few times a year, to explore the islands from Loreto down to La Paz.

I would appreciate any leads or suggestions regarding potential opportunities.

There is a Grand Banks at a mooring in Puerto Escondido that would be a great candidate - does anyone know who owns that boat?

Thanks, Doug

del mar - 3-24-2021 at 03:01 PM

have you taken a look at marketplace over on that evil facebook?

JZ - 3-24-2021 at 03:04 PM

San Carlos on the mainland is do East of Santa Rosalia about 80 miles.

There are a thousand sail boats there. I'm sure many are for sale. There are a handful of boat brokers.

They have a couple message boards for the town.

[Edited on 3-25-2021 by JZ]

pacificobob - 3-24-2021 at 03:27 PM

baja sur craigslist has some. i think in the coming months you will find a buyer's market. a friend just scored a deal on a California 39 in la paz

JZ - 3-24-2021 at 09:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
baja sur craigslist has some. i think in the coming months you will find a buyer's market. a friend just scored a deal on a California 39 in la paz

In the US it is a sellers market for power boats. Lots of demand. Some manufacturers stopped production in 2020.

Can't speak for sail boats in MX.