BajaNomad

Any vaccination going on in BOLA?

Santiago - 4-9-2021 at 11:04 AM

How is the vaccination rollout going in Baja in general and BOLA in particular?

mtgoat666 - 4-9-2021 at 11:23 AM

initial focus in baja BCS was old folks in rural areas, not city areas. friends in la paz tell me that they are just last week beginning to roll out vaccine program for the gray hairs in the city.

Alm - 4-9-2021 at 03:20 PM

In BOLA they vaccinate in alphabet order. Or so their FB page says.

Paulina - 4-9-2021 at 06:07 PM

Jim,
From what I understand, first round of shots were offered on Feb. 25th and again on the 26th, to 60+ yr old locals as well as Americans that live there. There was a list put out in alphabetical order as Alm stated. I know some locals who got it and some who chose not to be vaccinated. I haven't heard when the second dose is going to be offered, or if it has already happened, or when it will be offered to younger people.

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 11-4-2021 by Paulina]

AKgringo - 4-9-2021 at 06:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
In BOLA they vaccinate in alphabet order. Or so their FB page says.

That is so military! It brings back memories of basic training when we lined up (alphabetically) and got multiple doses of shots in both arms.

AKgringo - 4-10-2021 at 08:23 AM

I don't follow Facebook, so I did not see whatever was posted there. I am curious about how there came to be an alphabetical list of people that were eligible for a vaccination.

Was this based on people signing up in advance for any vaccine that became available? I also wonder if this was a one day event, or was stretched out over a period of time, with only so many doses per day?

motoged - 4-10-2021 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

That is so military! It brings back memories of basic training when we lined up (alphabetically) and got multiple doses of shots in both arms.

Gary,
Just turn your head and cough....:biggrin: .... when coughing was okay....

Alm - 4-10-2021 at 05:10 PM

From what I hear, it wasn't a one day event and there were breaks/delays in the process. With nation-wide vaccination rate now at 10% I wouldn't expect it to be much better in the Bajas.

2nd dose given to elderly with a 3-4 months delay will be a wasted product. People with weak immune response - includes elderly and those with blood disorders - need the 2nd dose within 3 weeks in order to mount a response comparable to those younger/healthier.