BajaNomad

Fishing Loreto

capn.sharky - 3-31-2005 at 08:57 AM

Just back from three weeks fishing and fooling around in Loreto. Here it is early March and the sargasso grass has already broken loose from the shore. Of course, this is much too early and there are not flying fish to lay the eggs in the grass now. I would guess this will not be a great year for dodos as by the time they arrive the grass will be gone. Yellowtail was fair when we could get out but we did have alot of wind for the past couple of weeks. Big news---the old Penthouse is now closed and they have rebuilt up above the Baja Highway in the industrial zone. It is almost complete and should be open soon----alot sooner than the Loreto Bay houses. The new police station is just about finished and is a very impressive looking building. Loreto is changing fast now with alot more people moving in all the time......unfortunately. Will be going back in three weeks. Oh, the desert is beautiful with all the flowers and I can't remember seeing it greener than right now. The road is in excellant shape---so go to Loreto and enjoy. Hasta, Sharky

Thanks for the Good Report.

Skeet/Loreto - 3-31-2005 at 09:42 AM

Sr. Sharky can we communicate directly?

vgabndo - 3-31-2005 at 09:46 AM

I have some Loreto questions I think you can help me with. Will you e-mail me at:
vgabndoatearthlink.net?

Thanks. Perry

PS, it is a wierd season isn't it. There was grass on the beach almost a month ago!

Vagabondo

Skeet/Loreto - 3-31-2005 at 10:09 AM

Any chance you have for a short Report on San Nicholas will be appreciated. Always interested in How everyone is doing. thanks Skeet