BajaNomad

U.S. Dept of State announces it will issue 'Level 4: Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries in the coming...

Pages:  1  

JZ - 4-19-2021 at 11:28 PM

Including Mexico. Even if you are vaccinated. Unbelievable. Thankfully it is just a recommendation.

"Kiss goodbye to foreign travel: State Department plans 'Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries due to COVID

The U.S. Department of State announced it will be issuing 'Level 4: Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries in the coming weeks

In a statement released on Monday, officials recommended that Americans 'reconsider all travel abroad'

Level 4 is generally reserved for war-torn countries or those that would be considered hostile to U.S. citizens such as Afghanistan and North Korea

It comes two weeks after the CDC issued new guidelines stating that people who are fully vaccinated can travel safely within the U.S and internationally."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9488745/US-State-...

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 4-20-2021 at 06:19 AM

This is important safety warning for all, and in particular for the MAGA people who have the lowest vaccination rate in the USA.

Hey, if you are not getting vaccinated, why would you want to travel to a country with high covid risk?

motoged - 4-20-2021 at 09:18 AM

Of course some folks who have been vaccinated will think they can do whatever they want, regardless of the world's new war: a pandemic.

Unfortunately selfishness prevails in this cohort....and common sense eludes them.

You can't fix stupid, it seems.

Nomads has its own microcephalic individuals promoting unrestrained travel. :rolleyes:

Today's take on Covid in Canada:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-april20-2021-1.5994243

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-mak-parhar-lawsuit-dismissed-1.5994166

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by motoged]

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by motoged]

Mr. Bills - 4-20-2021 at 09:47 AM

Americans are entitled to perform their own risk assessment.

I was in San Felipe in late March, 14+ days after my second Pfizer Covid-19 vaccination. Electronic signboards along the highway southbound toward the Mexican border warned that border crossings were restricted, however the Mexican customs authorities at the border in Mexicali were welcoming and totally unconcerned with the purpose of our visit.

According to the authorities in San Felipe there were zero active Covid-19 cases in town that week.

Just sayin'.

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by Mr. Bills]

Bajabus - 4-20-2021 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by Mr. Bills]

That is absolutely true but are they also entitled to perform their own risk assessments on those they interact with while out and about unvaccinated and maskless?

Just asking for clarification.

gnukid - 4-20-2021 at 10:30 AM

Death is inevitable, always has been and always will be, there are risks to everything, life has never been about avoiding all risk, life is about engaging risk.

Promotion of fear is the primary occupation of globalists, media and government, and fear is debilitating for many.

It is important to acknowledge when you are being lied to about risks and threats t induce fear and be aware of how it affects you.

You will never get time back, today is the day to live your life to the fullest, go out, engage, breathe fresh air, enjoy sunshine, exercise, and enjoy life.

JZ - 4-20-2021 at 10:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Of course some folks who have been vaccinated will think they can do whatever they want, regardless of the world's new war: a pandemic.

Unfortunately selfishness prevails in this cohort....and common sense eludes them.

You can't fix stupid, it seems.

Nomads has its own microcephalic individuals promoting unrestrained travel. :rolleyes:

Today's take on Covid in Canada:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-canada-world-april20-2021-1.5994243

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-mak-parhar-lawsuit-dismissed-1.5994166

Please leave my thread, you are not welcome here. Start your own and I'll stay well clear.

BTW, Canada is treating its citizens very, very badly right now. Stay in your basement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNx0nx0HU9V/?utm_source=ig_embed

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 4-20-2021 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Please leave my thread, you are not welcome here. Start your own and I'll stay well clear.

I was unaware people here own their own threads. Did you copyright your post? What in the BN Ts and Cs says people who start threads own the threads?

del mar - 4-20-2021 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I was unaware people here own their own threads. Did you copyright your post? What in the BN Ts and Cs says people who start threads own the threads?

hmmm...so you can simply ban folks with opposing opinions? brilliant! :light:

Tioloco - 4-20-2021 at 03:02 PM

Thanks for the info JZ.
The weak are welcome to stay in their basements.

ch47pilot - 4-20-2021 at 03:02 PM

Amen, well said lencho.

RFClark - 4-20-2021 at 03:10 PM

It’s not just Canada that shagged it! It’s most of the Countries widely touted in some circles as superior to us because their government completely controls healthcare. Most of them have a higher percentage of deaths per case and a lower vaccination rate than does the US, Israel being one of the exceptions!

And Goat, the wife and I both have had all our shots! Medicine does have politics, but it shouldn't! It is interesting that none of those “other” countries had the ability to develop and deliver an effective vaccine in the time that the US did, even pre Biden! Goat, have you had yours yet?

mtgoat666 - 4-20-2021 at 03:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Goat, have you had yours yet?

Getting my 2nd pfizer shot this week

Tioloco - 4-20-2021 at 03:58 PM

It’s not just Canada that shagged it! It’s most of the Countries widely touted in some circles as superior to us because their government completely controls healthcare. Most of them have a higher percentage of deaths per case and a lower vaccination rate than does the US, Israel being one of the exceptions!

And Goat, the wife and I both have had all our shots! Medicine does have politics, but it shouldn't! It is interesting that none of those “other” countries had the ability to develop and deliver an effective vaccine in the time that the US did, even pre Biden! Goat, have you had yours yet?

Valid point. Unfortunately we know who wont accept that.

RFClark - 4-20-2021 at 04:40 PM

Goat,

Good for you! BTW, you can do what ever you want vaccinated or not! There was world wide travel long before there were vaccines or even much medicine! If we had stayed home because of Cholera, Typhoid, Polio, Yellow Fever, ect! We’d still be hiding under the bed in Europe

That “warning” from the State Dept is put out by the same bunch that couldn't warn our diplomats in Benghazi when there really was a travel danger!

surabi - 4-20-2021 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

Is that what you tell the cops when they pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt? How about if you decide to take a stroll through a construction hard-hat area and get stopped? Or walk out onto the runway at a major airport?

"Officer, I'm an American. I'm entitled to decide for myself whether it poses a risk to me".

Living in a democracy does not automatically entitle citizens to do whatever they want. What you are actually espousing is called anarchy.

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by surabi]

[Edited on 4-20-2021 by surabi]

RFClark - 4-20-2021 at 05:27 PM

You might want to read this!

There is a choice that falls between unquestioning obedience and anarchy!

“On the Duty of Civil Disobedience
by
Henry David Thoreau”

Excerpt From
Civil Disobedience
Henry David Thoreau
https://books.apple.com/us/book/civil-disobedience/id5070714...
This material may be protected by copyright.

JZ - 4-20-2021 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Jeesh, I thought I'd left this stuff behind in high school. :(

I'll try to do better, I promise.

Lee - 4-20-2021 at 07:48 PM

State dept. makes a strongly worded guideline (based on CDC evidence) and the clueless jump on it. Nomads taking a stand against government regs and restrictions. Typical.

''Americans are entitled to perform their own risk assessment.'' Brilliant. Looks like anarchy to me. In other words, every man for himself. Selfish SOB.

''The weak are welcome to hide in their basement.'' Clueless and a clown. Someone has their head up their a$$.

Like it or not, the state dept. says don't travel. Criticizing those who don't have all the answers looks like ignorance. You clowns are an embarrassment to this forum.

JZ - 4-20-2021 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
State dept. makes a strongly worded guideline (based on CDC evidence) and the clueless jump on it. Nomads taking a stand against government regs and restrictions. Typical.

''Americans are entitled to perform their own risk assessment.'' Brilliant. Looks like anarchy to me. In other words, every man for himself. Selfish SOB.

''The weak are welcome to hide in their basement.'' Clueless and a clown. Someone has their head up their a$$.

Like it or not, the state dept. says don't travel. Criticizing those who don't have all the answers looks like ignorance. You clowns are an embarrassment to this forum.

They are telling ppl who are vaccinated to not travel.

Think about that.

"Key Information for Travelers to Mexico

- Travelers should avoid all travel to Mexico.
- Because of the current situation in Mexico even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Mexico."

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-mex...

[Edited on 4-21-2021 by JZ]

gnukid - 4-20-2021 at 08:40 PM

If you had covid and recovered naturally you have broad immunity with anti-bodies dn t-cells and are safe to interact and travel, but, vaccinated are not immune and are at risk of transmission and infection as well as at risk for short term and long term adverse effects as participants in a vaccine trial.

Think about that.

RFClark - 4-20-2021 at 09:22 PM

Lee,

“The State Department says” is one of the great lies generally speaking! Which lie shell we start with? Benghazi?

Mr. Bills - 4-21-2021 at 08:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
. . .

It's not anarchy you poor uneducated fool. Its called the United States Constitution.

Perhaps the two most important clauses are these:

Article IX (9th Amendment – Unenumerated Rights)
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Article X (10th Amendment – Reserved Powers)
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Here's a link. You should read it sometime.

https://constitutionus.com/

John Harper - 4-21-2021 at 09:44 AM

So, a "right" to ignore generally accepted medical recommendations? I can see that, more of a personal choice, and normally affects only yourself and significant others. Like denying cancer treatment.

A "right" to also recklessly endanger the general public, and potentially infect others with a deadly virus because of the exercise of your first "right" stated above?

That's the part that seem troublesome. Can you explain?

John

RFClark - 4-22-2021 at 12:09 AM

John,

The reason it’s called “the practice of medicine” s because most of the time they don't have the answer and they practice on the patients until they have a better idea what to do!

Most of the past “generally accepted medical recommendations” were just plain wrong or changed over time. Some like T and As or circumcisions have changed a number of times over the years!

Past that Mexico doesn't even agree with the US over the threat level in Baja California! Mexico just reduced the threat level for Baja.

John Harper - 4-22-2021 at 07:48 AM

I guess maybe a good analogy would be that you knew a few people in a group you gather with have a severe and potentially deadly allergy to peanuts. But, you demand the right to eat peanuts because you don’t have allergies. Someone may die. Obviously, eating peanuts is your Constitutional right as it’s not specifically proscribed in writing.

So, who is okay with eating peanuts in that scenario? A show of hands, please.

John

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2021 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
I guess maybe a good analogy would be that you knew a few people in a group you gather with have a severe and potentially deadly allergy to peanuts. But, you demand the right to eat peanuts because you don’t have allergies. Someone may die. Obviously, eating peanuts is your Constitutional right as it’s not specifically proscribed in writing.

John

You forget that the MAGA people don’t agree with the premise of your question - they will deny the existence of peanut allergies, and call it a hoax created by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer in secret alliance with Louis farakan, George soros and Martha Stewart.

gnukid - 4-22-2021 at 09:34 AM

174279183_4601536639863184_4042623023075026366_n.jpg - 42kB

motoged - 4-22-2021 at 09:37 AM

Think about that.

I agree....people SHOULD think about their personal decisions at such times. The most recent spikes in infections clearly demonstrate that Covid is not being controlled as effectively as most of us were hoping for/expecting by this summer.

We can see here on BN and in our general contacts with others how people are thinking.

It's such a shame a medical/health issue have been politicized.

The fat lady won't be singing for a while.

BajaTed - 4-22-2021 at 10:17 AM

Think about that.

I agree....people SHOULD think about their personal decisions at such times. The most recent spikes in infections clearly demonstrate that Covid is not being controlled as effectively as most of us were hoping for/expecting by this summer.

We can see here on BN and in our general contacts with others how people are thinking.

It's such a shame a medical/health issue have been politicized.

The fat lady won't be singing for a while.

NO
Pure business decisions are being made on the premise of the "right to refuse service to anyone".

Want to use an airliner or lease your own plane?

Sleep in a hotel or your camper?

If you want a business to accept the risk of you being you, your gonna pay me more, a lot more to do so

You have rights, but you gotta pay to exercise them if you want to.
Capitalism 101

JZ - 4-22-2021 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

Yes, we tell them to be careful and not eat a peanut. And to have their EpiPen close by.

advrider - 4-22-2021 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Death is inevitable, always has been and always will be, there are risks to everything, life has never been about avoiding all risk, life is about engaging risk.

Promotion of fear is the primary occupation of globalists, media and government, and fear is debilitating for many.

It is important to acknowledge when you are being lied to about risks and threats t induce fear and be aware of how it affects you.

You will never get time back, today is the day to live your life to the fullest, go out, engage, breathe fresh air, enjoy sunshine, exercise, and enjoy life.

Well said, sometimes I ride a motorcycles and lane split as well. All choices and risk that I take on when I partake in such activities.. I hope to die doing something I love and not sitting around worried it might happen. My body is broken to bits with loaner tendons, metal parts and screws. None of it happen by falling off of the couch or sitting around the house.

motoged - 4-22-2021 at 10:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

Well said, sometimes I ride a motorcycles and lane split as well. All choices and risk that I take on when I partake in such activities.. I hope to die doing something I love and not sitting around worried it might happen. My body is broken to bits with loaner tendons, metal parts and screws. None of it happen by falling off of the couch or sitting around the house.

A while ago I posted comments regarding my injuries from motorcycling....some Nomads suggested I was a poorly skilled rider. I wonder how those same folks will perceive your injury report?

A statement of your "rights" being fulfilled or a skill issue?

RFClark - 4-22-2021 at 10:27 AM

Goat,

Today Kennedy would be kicked out of the Democrat party just like Lieberman was!

John,

iIf there was a shot to cure peanut allergy i’d insist that my friends take it! In fact I have done that! If you look closely enough you can find a reason to ban any action or have lots of different dedicated restrooms! The “restroom explosion” resulted in going back to everyone using the same outhouse just like the old days which is fine by me. Women generally were the first group to want their own outhouse!

[Edited on 4-22-2021 by RFClark]

motoged - 4-22-2021 at 10:27 AM

Yes, we tell them to be careful and not eat a peanut. And to have their EpiPen close by.

Okay, so you tell THEM to be careful. What do you tell yourself?

JZ - 4-22-2021 at 10:44 AM

Okay, so you tell THEM to be careful. What do you tell yourself?

We coated the peanuts in a special oil we got from the govt. that they say is 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and death.

David K - 4-22-2021 at 10:51 AM

:lol:

Did you see the Deadliest Catch special on Wild Bill? His get away place is in San Carlos, Sonora. Maybe a neighbor of yours or of Hook?

John Harper - 4-22-2021 at 11:03 AM

We coated the peanuts in a special oil.

I was not aware KY jelly was that effective against peanut allergy.

John

gnukid - 4-22-2021 at 11:09 AM

172890577_4180727735278800_5366400729605416112_n.jpg - 56kB

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2021 at 11:51 AM

Gavin Newsom doing great job!

California covid rate now lowest in CONUS!

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-04-21/californ...

:bounce:

JZ - 4-22-2021 at 12:53 PM

Gavin Newsome put kids into deep depression and set their education back enormously by not allowing them to go back to school in the fall like so many states and countries did by following the science.

Meanwhile, he put his kids in private schools with in person learning.

And how many businesses and lives did he wreck by not letting ppl work?

Meanwhile, Florida stayed open, allowed ppl to work, and cared about kids.

In return their death numbers are very close to CA, despite having a much older population. And now FL has half the unemployment as CA.

Newsome is a travesty.

Don Pisto - 4-22-2021 at 01:13 PM

Gavin Newsome put kids into deep depression and set their education back enormously by not allowing them to go back to school in the fall like so many states and countries did by following the science.

In return their death numbers are very close to CA, despite having a much older population. And now FL has half the unemployment as CA.

Newsome is a travesty.

just to be clear....California still holds the record as having the largest actual number of elderly persons.

Lee - 4-22-2021 at 01:38 PM

Lee,

“The State Department says” is one of the great lies generally speaking! Which lie shell we start with? Benghazi?

Don't know where you get your info, RF. You seem like a level headed and educated guy, seasoned traveler. Who ever you don't like at State, and whatever guidelines you think are lies, makes me think you're a conspiracist. You're making blanket statements here. And I think you are probably off base.

That's not to say I trust the US government. Guess I believe the scientists though and the CDC is passing along their findings.

I know that doctors practice their craft. That's based on lots of study acknowledging that they make mistakes.

I have zero interest in debating the politics of covid or anything coming out of CDC and State. I believe they are trying to make things right again and provide guidelines for the entire country. For me, they get the benefit of the doubt.

Graphs/charts/polls/surveys are meaningless to me. State knows something we don't. MX lowering standards looks meaningless too. I don't think they know what they're doing. They can't treat their people and don't know the real numbers. MX government is corrupt from the top down.

You listening, JZ? Don't trust MX to give you the truth as they are clueless about what's going on.

RF: I'm up for hearing about Benghazi and I'll bring up the Tonkin Gulf Incident, sometime, over drinks.

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2021 at 02:15 PM

Schools were able to open if they could come up with a plan and implement the plan.

Some schools opened before others, my local public schools got back to in-person learning early. Some neighboring districts could not get their act together and opened later for in-person learning.

So what is your point? He sends his kids to a school that got their act together.

Schools are locally run. If your local schools are poorly run, then get involved and quit griping about the state govt.

Newsome is a travesty.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in your case it may be a bit myopic. Florida rolled the dice and got lucky to some extent. They did not act on basis of sound science. How many lives could have been saved in FL if they had done more to protect life?

Should many thousands of people die so some people can stay fully employed?

advrider - 4-22-2021 at 02:35 PM

A while ago I posted comments regarding my injuries from motorcycling....some Nomads suggested I was a poorly skilled rider. I wonder how those same folks will perceive your injury report?

Mine are probably a little of both! If you never push yourself you never get better and crash less... I find my willingness to hang my ass quit as far out there a little less these days but I'm still not afraid to crash trying something or having fun. LOL, live life.

willardguy - 4-22-2021 at 02:45 PM

Mine are probably a little of both! If you never push yourself you never get better and crash less... I find my willingness to hang my ass quit as far out there a little less these days but I'm still not afraid to crash trying something or having fun. LOL, live life.

just ask Travis Pastrana.....or should I say Cameron McAdoo!:lol:

RFClark - 4-22-2021 at 07:19 PM

Lee, Tonkin Gulf! That would be LBJ and McNamara no lying there at all (Not!)

My point is Government has interests which aren’t always the same as your or my interests!

“Gavin Newsom doing great job!” - Not!

Goat, what people do agree on is the taxes in California are the highest in the nation’

On the subject of Newson well not so much! Down from 60% last year!

Quoted from the LA Times!

“People are reevaluating how well Newsom is doing handling the pandemic. Once your job performance rating starts to decline, it’s more difficult to put it back in the right direction. You kind of accumulate negatives over time.” In all, about 46 percent of those polled approved of the overall job Newsom has done in office to this point. Late last year, Newsom’s approval was in the neighborhood of 60 percent.

mtgoat666 - 4-22-2021 at 08:19 PM

Goat, what people do agree on is the taxes in California are the highest in the nation’

With respect to middle class, taxes in CA are better than 10 or 15 states. The prop tax is quite low. The states with lowest taxes are pretty crappy places, schools and culture are for chit (Alaska is an anomaly where Petroleum funds the govt, but Alaska doesn’t have much besides snow and mosquitos).

JZ - 4-22-2021 at 08:45 PM

With respect to middle class, taxes in CA are better than 10 or 15 states. The prop tax is quite low. The states with lowest taxes are pretty crappy places, schools and culture are for chit (Alaska is an anomaly where Petroleum funds the govt, but Alaska doesn’t have much besides snow and mosquitos).

FL doesn't have income tax and has a fraction of the homeless population that CA has. They had enough $'s to open their schools safely.

Where is all that tax money going? Multi-billion dollar rail lines that stretch for a whopping 100 miles in central CA?

You are getting beat like a drum itt.

[Edited on 4-23-2021 by JZ]

RFClark - 4-23-2021 at 05:34 AM

Goat,

Property tax is the $$$ you pay each year not the tax rate! Plus what you pay each day cause you can't afford to live near where you work. The what you pay each day includes driving costs and the hours out of your life spent driving back and forth!

A house that costs $500k+ here and $100k - $200k elsewhere doesn’t have a “low tax rate”! Sales tax is 10% where most live in CA as well!

Then there are the lousy crowded roads lined with tents and junk RVs that people live in!

JZ - 4-23-2021 at 12:09 PM

Goat, here is what Caitlyn Jenner thinks about Newsome. I'd vote for her.

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/138559267492157849...

gnukid - 4-23-2021 at 12:53 PM

This Covid thing is losing focus, let's move on to the next distraction, Climate Change, start the fear mongering!

JZ - 4-23-2021 at 12:57 PM

But of course. Who could possibly be more competent than a reality TV star, to head the government of California.

Or of our country, for that matter! :cool:

Do you realize the commitment and mental toughness it takes to become an Olympic gold mentalist?

I'll take that over someone who's only qualification is being related to a well known politician.

AKgringo - 4-23-2021 at 01:16 PM

But of course. Who could possibly be more competent than a reality TV star, to head the government of California.

Or of our country, for that matter! :cool:

Do you realize the commitment and mental toughness it takes to become an Olympic gold mentalist?

I'll take that over someone who's only qualification is being related to a well known politician.

i don't think anyone has ever considered Caitlyn/Bruce of being a mentalist! :?:

del mar - 4-23-2021 at 01:21 PM

This Covid thing is losing focus, let's move on to the next distraction, Climate Change, start the fear mongering!

wait, did we finish up with Benghazi yet?

mtgoat666 - 4-23-2021 at 01:32 PM

Well, she is tall, and so perhaps that is why you midgets are drawn in by her.

Other than being tall, i dont see how she has anything in her life that is relevant to being an effective politician.

JZ - 4-23-2021 at 02:12 PM

CNN had a bunch of millennials on this week saying they suffer from Climate Anxiety.

elgatoloco - 4-23-2021 at 02:32 PM

Lee,

Ten investigations were conducted into the 2012 Benghazi attack, six of these by Republican-controlled House committees. Problems were identified with security measures at the Benghazi facilities, due to poor decisions made by employees of the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and specifically its director Eric Boswell, who resigned under pressure in December 2012.[1] Despite numerous allegations against Obama administration officials of scandal, cover-up and lying regarding the Benghazi attack and its aftermath, none of the ten investigations found any evidence to support those allegations.[2][3][4][5] The last of the investigation committees issued its final report and shut down in December 2016, one month after the 2016 presidential election.[6][7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigation_into_the_2012_Be...

AKgringo - 4-23-2021 at 03:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

wait, did we finish up with Benghazi yet?

We're getting pretty far off topic, but since we are there, ambassador Chris Stevens was from my home town, Grass Valley CA!

I did not know him, or his parents, but his grandfather and grandmother were both teachers I had in high school.

I'm done, are we back on topic again?

[Edited on 4-23-2021 by AKgringo]

surabi - 4-23-2021 at 04:19 PM

Then there are the lousy crowded roads lined with tents and junk RVs that people live in!

Yeah, how dare people be poor or suffer from mental issues. The nerve! Don't they realize that their very existence is offensive to those who don't have to live like that?

JZ - 4-23-2021 at 04:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Yeah, how dare people be poor or suffer from mental issues. The nerve! Don't they realize that their very existence is offensive to those who don't have to live like that?

Why isn't Newsome doing anything to help them out with all the tax money he is ranking in?

Maybe do that instead of building a 100 mile, multi-billion $ rail system that goes nowhere? Or stop spending billions on illegals instead of helping your own ppl? :light:

Newsome was the mayor of San Francisco, look at it now, that city is fraction of the great city it once was.

Lee - 4-23-2021 at 10:29 PM

Why isn't Newsome doing anything to help them out with all the tax money he is ranking in?

Maybe do that instead of building a 100 mile, multi-billion $ rail system that goes nowhere? Or stop spending billions on illegals instead of helping your own ppl? :light:

Newsome was the mayor of San Francisco, look at it now, that city is fraction of the great city it once was.

Your political rants are headed for trouble, JZ. Doug has hinted what he thinks about this stuff. Straighten up and fly right.

RFClark - 4-23-2021 at 10:41 PM

Surabi,

While those living along the roads and sidewalks are generally there as a direct result of there own poor life choices, it is a government that is incapable of enforcing its own laws or caring for a population of homeless who are generally drug addicts that bares the final responsibility for their plight.

Past the obvious public health issues they are more than welcome to demonstrate the lack of governmental effectiveness their presences underscores!

That same government not being able to fix the sidewalks or potholes either!

[Edited on 4-24-2021 by RFClark]

mtgoat666 - 4-23-2021 at 11:28 PM

What is wrong with San Fran? To me, it Seems like the great city it has always been.

And if SF has a problem, do you really think one mayor is the source or savior?
Get real. It takes a village. Only a fool tries to praise or blame a single person for a city’s success or failure.

motoged - 4-24-2021 at 01:11 AM

Didn't you make a very short-lived post last week about your hate for transexuals?

surabi - 4-24-2021 at 01:11 AM

Surabi,

While those living along the roads and sidewalks are generally there as a direct result of there own poor life choices, it is a government that is incapable of enforcing its own laws or caring for a population of homeless who are generally drug addicts that bares the final responsibility for their plight.

And who bears the responsibility for your poor spelling? Did you make poor life choices in not bothering to pay attention in school?

You have no idea what opportunities any of those people had or didn't have, what traumas they've been subjected to and lived through, yet you have decided that they are living in a tent because of poor life choices. Not because they grew up being sexually or physically abused, or had absent parents and no good role models, or good schools, not because they have emotional or mental problems and can't afford to see a professional to get help, no, it's all because they made poor life choices.

It's a society full of people with compassionless, victim blaming attitudes like yours that bears responsibility for this situation.

motoged - 4-24-2021 at 01:26 AM

X2 :light:

John Harper - 4-24-2021 at 05:04 AM

Surabi,

And who bears the responsibility for your poor spelling? Did you make poor life choices in not bothering to pay attention in school?

You have no idea what opportunities any of those people had or didn't have, what traumas they've been subjected to and lived through, yet you have decided that they are living in a tent because of poor life choices. Not because they grew up being sexually or physically abused, or had absent parents and no good role models, or good schools, not because they have emotional or mental problems and can't afford to see a professional to get help, no, it's all because they made poor life choices.

It's a society full of people with compassionless, victim blaming attitudes like yours that bears responsibility for this situation.

Well stated, surabi!

John

Where were we?

pauldavidmena - 4-24-2021 at 06:57 AM

Getting back to the original topic, the State Department's travel advisory, along with recommendations from the CDC, are a sobering reminder that Covid is still a worldwide issue, but is ultimately non-binding. This "Honor System" approach is summed up best in the sentence: "Regardless of a particular country's advisory status, the State Department wants all U.S. citizens to reconsider any travel abroad." It's an appeal to common sense in a country that once made "Disco Duck" a number one hit.

RFClark - 4-24-2021 at 11:04 AM

Surabi,

I bear the responsibility for my life choices, as should we all! As far as knowing the personal stories of the roadside dwellers, I know some, do you know any? I grew up there, went to the same lousy school system, worked with them and have watched LA go down hill for decades!

The fact is that the government knows even less about them than do I! In NY the government sent 15K of it’s citizens to their deaths with a stroke of a pen! The governor who signed that order is still in office!

I know that locally in LA, the government can't do most of the basic things it should do like maintenance, education, law enforcement or caring for the homeless! The proof being pot holes, bad sidewalks, broken 100 year old water pipes, a huge murder and crime increase, the homeless living on the sidewalks, as well as my poor spelling in 3 different languages!

It can however bring its full weight against anyone who fails to follow its COVID edicts! So perhaps it’s just a matter of what it feels is important!

gnukid - 4-25-2021 at 07:16 PM

Getting back on topic

Bush bank tied to N-zi funding
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/oct/17/20031017-11...

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworl...

RFClark - 4-25-2021 at 07:22 PM

Gnukid,

“Back on topic”? (Not!)

pacificobob - 4-26-2021 at 06:27 AM

Surabi,

well said surabi. i doubt he is aware how his rant reveals his ignorance.

Just went on the State Dept. website........

Hook - 4-26-2021 at 04:01 PM

.........remember when this thread was about THAT??

There are only 16 countries in the entire world that this current version of the US State Dept doesn't have a warning that recommends NOT traveling to them with statements like "reconsider travel" or "do not travel".

This, for an ailment that has killed approximately 3,000,000 out of 7.9 BILLION people, and over 98% of all who catch it are now surviving it.

It's not surprising that many feel the "cure" is worse than the disease.

JZ - 4-26-2021 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
.........remember when this thread was about THAT??

There are only 16 countries in the entire world that this current version of the US State Dept doesn't have a warning that recommends NOT traveling to them with statements like "reconsider travel" or "do not travel".

This, for an ailment that has killed approximately 3,000,000 out of 7.9 BILLION people, and over 98% of all who catch it are now surviving it.

It's not surprising that many feel the "cure" is worse than the disease.

About as many ppl under 50 died from car crashes in the US as they did Covid.

For damn sure the "cure" was worse in many states. Florida proves it. They had the same result as CA w/o harming everyone who wasn't at risk.

surabi - 4-26-2021 at 04:26 PM

California: 94,497 total cases per 1 million population
1,556 deaths per 1 million population

Florida: 102, 995 total cases per 1 million population
1,625 deaths per 1 million population.

JZ - 4-26-2021 at 05:44 PM

Florida had no mask mandate. Didn't close their beaches. Didn't close their restaurants past the initial month or so. Opened all their schools. Has the 2nd oldest population in the US, CA is 45 oldest. Has 1/2 the unemployment of CA. Had all their outdoor theme parks open (btw, the NYT reported a week ago it's incredibly difficult to get Covid if you are outdoors).

And yet the Covid numbers are very similar. Both a little bit better than the national average.

Newsome is a horrible governor who put Californians through and unnecessary hell.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by JZ]

JZ - 4-26-2021 at 05:55 PM

Another comparison for you..

FL zero income tax.
CA 13% income tax.

CA homeless 161K.
FL homeless 28K.

CA is dying because of crappy government.

mtgoat666 - 4-26-2021 at 06:04 PM

FL zero income tax.
CA 13% income tax.

CA homeless 161K.
FL homeless 28K.

Jizz:
Quit bellyachin and move to Florida! You deserve Florida! You certainly are not deserving of california.

Why do all of you California haters continue to live in California?

drzura - 4-26-2021 at 06:20 PM

FL zero income tax.
CA 13% income tax.

CA homeless 161K.
FL homeless 28K.

Jizz:
Quit bellyachin and move to Florida! You deserve Florida! You certainly are not deserving of california.

I just saw a news article that Texas has/will gain two House seats, while California and New York will each be losing one. This is supposedly the first time ever that California has lost a seat. I think some of the haters are leaving.... or maybe it's the Californian's who do not like to fook themselves.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by drzura]

JZ - 4-26-2021 at 07:30 PM

Jizz:

Every time I post, you attack me personally. Rarely on the substance of what I post.

What does that say?

motoged - 4-26-2021 at 08:10 PM

It says your posts have little substance ...

But you likely think that with your astute political acumen you would be a tremendous governor.

Lee - 4-26-2021 at 08:18 PM

Florida had no mask mandate. Didn't close their beaches. Didn't close their restaurants past the initial month or so. Opened all their schools. Has the 2nd oldest population in the US, CA is 45 oldest. Has 1/2 the unemployment of CA. Had all their outdoor theme parks open (btw, the NYT reported a week ago it's incredibly difficult to get Covid if you are outdoors).

And yet the Covid numbers are very similar. Both a little bit better than the national average.

Newsome is a horrible governor who put Californians through and unnecessary hell.

Why do you keep posting your political bullshlt here JZ? You use this forum and this thread as a platform to criticize the state you live in. Or else whine about pandemic restrictions belittling others who don't agree with your agenda.

Florida sucks and your constant whining does too. You can do better.

motoged - 4-26-2021 at 08:30 PM

Just one of the crowd calling out your incessant bs :lol:

And this "my thread" thing is kinda silly....

And your imagination regarding how I came across your crap on other forums is a bit humorous.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by motoged]

surabi - 4-26-2021 at 10:00 PM

FL zero income tax.
CA 13% income tax.

CA homeless 161K.
FL homeless 28K.

You claimed that Florida has done better than California on the Covid front, which is untrue, and I posted the actual data.

So your response is to deflect to income tax. Pathetic.

JZ - 4-26-2021 at 10:05 PM

You claimed that Florida has done better than California on the Covid front, which is untrue, and I posted the actual data.

So your response is to deflect to income tax. Pathetic.

Sorry for the confusion, my 1st comment was taking everything Covid related into consideration in the comparison.

That was more for Goat who has been telling us itt how well Gavin Newsome is doing. My apologies.

RFClark - 4-26-2021 at 10:14 PM

I was born and grew up in California. I moved out when I retired 14 years ago. I still pay taxes on CA property and income because that’s where the business was until COVID came along.

I live in Baja as much as I can even now. The government there generally leaves you alone and tries to keep the roads open and the wells working. Mexico is poorer than the US, they have an excuse. Those in charge of CA are incompetent and arrogant! CA doesn’t have the poor excuse!

CA has bad roads, broken utilities, insane brush management policies, nonexistent law enforcement against property crimes and like some here the attitude that you’re lucky to be here! Well lately, not so much!

Wouldn't take free property in Florida or Texas because I don't like the weather. But lots of other folk are moving there cause that’s where the jobs are!

Then there the folks here from the NDP land of the north who feel empowered to put their 2 cents (3 cents Canadian!) in on CA rather than deal with their own numerous domestic problems! But that is a different rant!

ch47pilot - 4-27-2021 at 06:07 AM

Baja News please.

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2021 at 06:33 AM

I was born and grew up in California. I moved out when I retired 14 years ago. I still pay taxes on CA property and income because that’s where the business was until COVID came along.

I live in Baja as much as I can even now. The government there generally leaves you alone and tries to keep the roads open and the wells working. Mexico is poorer than the US, they have an excuse. Those in charge of CA are incompetent and arrogant! CA doesn’t have the poor excuse!

CA has bad roads, broken utilities, insane brush management policies, nonexistent law enforcement against property crimes and like some here the attitude that you’re lucky to be here! Well lately, not so much!

Wouldn't take free property in Florida or Texas because I don't like the weather. But lots of other folk are moving there cause that’s where the jobs are!

Then there the folks here from the NDP land of the north who feel empowered to put their 2 cents (3 cents Canadian!) in on CA rather than deal with their own numerous domestic problems! But that is a different rant!

Glad to hear that Californians are moving to texas and Florida and making those hot/humid states blue!
TX and FL GOP are desperately trying to bring back Jim Crow voting restrictions to fight the blue wave, but GOP will ultimately fail to restrict the people’s right to vote.
Freedom always wins over GOP oppression!

pacificobob - 4-27-2021 at 06:56 AM

Jiz, please do California a favor. i feel you will be a great asset for Florida

pauldavidmena - 4-27-2021 at 07:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ch47pilot  
Baja News please.

Yes, the signal-to-noise ratio here is as bad as usual. What I gathered from the OP and supporting links was that the U.S. State Dept. advised against most international travel. What followed was the usual partisan sniping.

ch47pilot - 4-27-2021 at 08:57 AM

Amen !

pacificobob - 4-27-2021 at 10:38 AM

Just one of the crowd calling out your incessant bs :lol:

And this "my thread" thing is kinda silly....

And your imagination regarding how I came across your crap on other forums is a bit humorous.

[Edited on 4-27-2021 by motoged]

X2. incessant indeed.

Tioloco - 4-27-2021 at 12:22 PM

When does Motoged have his probation turned into a ban?

motoged - 4-27-2021 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

That's a question for Doug, I believe.

I also believe that my posts are within the accepted parameters. I am as free to post here as anyone else.

Don't read my posts if you have a problem with comments I may make.

Just exercising my rights.:biggrin:

Tioloco - 4-27-2021 at 03:53 PM

That's a question for Doug, I believe.

I also believe that my posts are within the accepted parameters. I am as free to post here as anyone else.

Don't read my posts if you have a problem with comments I may make.

Just exercising my rights.:biggrin:

Says the guy that trolls ALL of JZ's posts.

motoged - 4-27-2021 at 05:14 PM

I don't troll anyone....but I do respond to posts which are presenting crap, extraordinary narcissism, sexism, racism, and similar indecencies.

Some Nomads just do that more than others.

Hmmmm, seems you might be trolling me :?:

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2021 at 06:03 PM

I don't troll anyone....but I do respond to posts which are presenting crap, extraordinary narcissism, sexism, racism, and similar indecencies.

Some Nomads just do that more than others.

Hmmmm, seems you might be trolling me :?:

Shorty mcjizzy is a troll. He loves blurting our asinine, outrageous or politically incorrect things to stir up the chit.

Warning extends to Canada also

Lee - 4-27-2021 at 08:50 PM

State Department has warned against travel to 80% of the world. Here’s what you need to know

''You may want to reconsider any plans to travel abroad.

That’s the recommendation from the U.S. State Department, which updated its Travel Advisories list this week warning Americans against foreign travel to include about 80% of countries worldwide.

Calling the risks the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic poses to travelers as “unprecedented,” the State Department said in an April 19 statement that it “strongly recommends U.S. citizens reconsider all travel abroad.”

The department said its advisories will now better reflect Travel Health Notices issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as taking into account factors such as in-country testing availability and travel restrictions on U.S. citizens.
“We believe the updated framework will help Americans make better-informed decisions about the safety of international travel,” said a State Department official. “We are closely monitoring health and safety conditions across the globe, and will continue to update our destination-specific information for U.S. travelers as conditions evolve.”

As a result of the update, some 8 out of 10 nations around the globe are classified as “Level 4: Do Not Travel.” More than 100 countries were recategorized Level 4, including popular destinations such as Canada, France, Mexico and the U.K.

The nations not downgraded to Level 4 are largely in East Asia, Oceania and parts of Africa and the Caribbean.

While many countries in the updated list of Level 4 destinations have their own restrictions against travel by foreigners, some do allow entry by air with proof of vaccination, a negative Covid test or other criteria. Americans may travel to Britain, for example, as long as they test negative within 72 hours before arrival; they must also fill out documentation and quarantine for 10 days.

Mexico, meanwhile, permits air arrivals and has no testing requirements although you may be screened or temperature checked at the airport.

The country has remained popular with Americans throughout the pandemic, despite testing or proof of recovery requirements upon return to the U.S.

For example, from the end of 2020 and through February, the Mexican state of Quintana Roo — home to resorts like Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum — welcomed nearly 1 million Americans.

The State Department’s advisories system is comprised of four color-coded levels: Level 1 (blue) – Exercise Normal Precautions; Level 2 (yellow) – Exercise Increased Caution; Level 3 (orange) – Reconsider Travel; and Level 4 (red). The latter is reserved for countries with a “greater likelihood of life-threatening risks” and U.S. citizens are advised not to travel there or to leave as soon as it’s safe to.

All international destinations had been labeled Level 4 at the start of the pandemic last March, but the State Department lifted that advisory in August.

The latest Travel Advisory levels can be found on the State Department website at Travel.state.gov.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/24/covid-80-percent-of-world-is...

motoged - 4-27-2021 at 09:44 PM

South-east Asia pandemic is spiking ....India and Pakistan seem to be leading with infection increase.

Flight restrictions from those countries are being implemented in Canada:

https://vancouversun.com/news/covid-19-canada-to-suspend-flights-from-india-pakistan-for-30-days

https://globalnews.ca/news/7784645/canada-travel-ban-covid-india-pakistan/

[Edited on 4-28-2021 by motoged]

Pages:  1