BajaNomad

Immigration Sets Up Highway Checkpoint

karenintx - 5-23-2021 at 02:53 PM

https://gringogazette.com/wp/2021/05/immigration-sets-up-hig...

BajaBlanca - 5-23-2021 at 03:43 PM

Boy oh boy.

motoged - 5-23-2021 at 04:08 PM

It will be interesting to see if any applaud this move to remove "alien illegals" ?

It is a bit puzzling!

AKgringo - 5-23-2021 at 04:35 PM

The article states that immigration, and the national guard revised documents of 403 foreigners. I am guessing that they meant to say reviewed, but I am not the editor!

It also states that the four people who were arrested had altered, or fake documents, which is certainly an arrestable offense. It does not say whether any foreigners were discovered with legitimate documents (ID, passport) but no FMM!

Surely out of 403 people being checked, there would be someone that did not have the correct tourist papers! I would imagine that warnings, or citations would be issued, but there is no mention of it happening.

AKgringo - 5-23-2021 at 07:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The article states that immigration, and the national guard revised documents of 403 foreigners. I am guessing that they meant to say reviewed, but I am not the editor!

Logical false cognate for a native Spanish speaker working in English.

Check/review = "revisar" in Spanish.

That is a good explanation, thanks!

del mar - 5-23-2021 at 08:40 PM

403 foreigners checked and only 4 infractions, we must be doing good!:D

AKgringo - 5-23-2021 at 08:55 PM

That was four arrests! My point earlier in this thread was are they also doing some catch and release with a warning, or writing some sort of citation for lack of paperwork?

pacificobob - 5-24-2021 at 05:58 AM

i spoke with several locals who applauded the checking of documents and immigration status. some gringos who are big supporters of "the wall" and caging illegal children in the US feel the have the "right " to use mexico as a playground.

Bajabus - 5-24-2021 at 06:23 AM

Kudos to La Migra for setting up these checkpoints. Immigration also does spot checks on construction sites looking for foreigners working without the proper paperwork.

KasloKid - 5-24-2021 at 09:20 AM

Construction sites with foreigners working without proper paperwork also includes helping a friend build their house. Locals will quickly report you as they perceive you as taking away a job that rightfully should be theirs.

I also agree with spot checks for valid FMM's .... I think it's only fair as a local has to have proper paperwork to enter the U.S. legally, that is,., It's a reciprocal process.

gnukid - 5-24-2021 at 09:59 AM

You are not required to have passport or immigration papers with you on your person, you are required to have them in possession.

It's not legal to stop people for no reason and ask for identification, passports and immigration documents.

Something not right with this report...

JC43 - 5-24-2021 at 11:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
You are not required to have passport or immigration papers with you on your person, you are required to have them in possession.

It's not legal to stop people for no reason and ask for identification, passports and immigration documents.

I don`t think so. Every person is required to have a photo ID when driving through Mexico. Got a MX drivers license? O.K., go! Got nothing? Go to jail (at least for now until your ID is verified) What`s wrong with that? Any difference to the U.S. ???

motoged - 5-25-2021 at 12:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
It will be interesting to see if any applaud this move to remove "alien illegals" ?

OK, you're obviously looking for an argument, so let's invert the game:

Why shouldn't they be doing this? ;)

No, you are wrong about the argument thing; what is obvious is my question. I am not suggesting there is anything wrong with checking to see if one's papers are in order, but am curious if some folks hold a double standard and, if so, what is the rationale.

[Edited on 5-25-2021 by motoged]

Bajafun777 - 5-25-2021 at 12:49 AM

All Countries have immigration laws & how they are actually enforced regarding their written laws are very different. So, how many Americans do you think are living illegally in Mexico? Think maybe 11 to 15 Million compared to Mexicans in the United States? I think most Americans coming into Mexico bring a lot of money to the communities they live in or visit. However, due to past practices Mexico never really pushed the issue about Visas unless you were flying until a few years ago.
Now, I believe if you come into Mexico do it the legal way get a Visa but I also believe Americans are not burdening Mexico's services at huge costs either. So, comparing the issue of illegal entry of Americans to Mexicans is just plain silly.
Do any of you really think Americans are swimming or rafting across rivers or canals to get into Mexico, climbing over fences or walking into desert & mountain terrain to get into Mexico? Nope, they are walking or driving across through Mexico's ports of entry.
Just my observations and maybe some day both Countries will come together to workout immigration reforms that are equal & fair to both Countries and to those trying to get into either Country. Now, that is not an opinion but a Wish that probably will never happen.
"No Hurry, No Worry, Just Fun"

JZ - 5-25-2021 at 07:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i spoke with several locals who applauded the checking of documents and immigration status. some gringos who are big supporters of "the wall" and caging illegal children in the US feel the have the "right " to use mexico as a playground.

You do realize the number of "kids in cages" has gone up 10x in the last 5 months, no?

gnukid - 5-25-2021 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

I don`t think so. Every person is required to have a photo ID when driving through Mexico. Got a MX drivers license? O.K., go! Got nothing? Go to jail (at least for now until your ID is verified) What`s wrong with that? Any difference to the U.S. ???

Drivers license while driving is not an immigration document, but it can be used to validate status, or request validation at a later date.

My point is, Mexico like USA, does not require you to carry your passport and FMM/Visa with you at all times when leaving your residence or hotel.

But, if you commit a crime and are caught in mexico, you may be requested to show/prove your legal status, unlike in most of California, they don't request proof of legal residency status even if you commit a crime since there are sanctuary cities that allow illegal residency.

RFClark - 5-25-2021 at 10:04 AM

There are usually 2 check points south of La Paz. One is fixed. The other seems to float. Generally they are selective about who they stop. We have always been waved trough. We also have valid multi entry visas and Mexican auto insurance.

You are required to carry your Passport and visa plus you should carry your Mexican insurance. Having an accident is a crime in Mexico. You can be held until your Insurance (Mexican) deals with the problem!

“And arrests 4 foreigners. (Only one was “American”)

A sudden joint operative by Immigration and the National Guard at Km. 59 of the road to Cabo San Lucas – Todos Santos near Pescadero revised documents of 403 foreigners aboard 257 vehicles. Four of them (two Cubans, a Spaniard and an American) had either fake or altered documents which made their stay in Mexico illegal and were transferred to the detention center. Make sure your visa or temporary resident documents are current and that you carry them when traveling along the Baja Peninsula.“

Do Americans legal or otherwise “burden” services in Mexico? Americans pay VAT on purchases in Mexico (this is how Mexico collects taxes primarily). Americans pay taxes on capital gains on real estate. Mexican banks earn income from a variety of services provided to foreigners often Americans. Americans generally pay for all government services received in Mexico.

There is no free medical care for Americans in Mexico. I don't know if schools are free to Foreigners in Mexico and few who can afford better send their kids to public schools here!

Baja California exists because of American $$$!

Currently most illegal immigrants entering the US are OTMs I don't see a comparison as valid.

[Edited on 5-25-2021 by RFClark]

bajatrailrider - 5-25-2021 at 10:16 AM

All ture except no free medical services. State clinic in all small towns free to all with meds if they have them .

JC43 - 5-25-2021 at 10:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Do Americans legal or otherwise “burden” services in Mexico? Americans pay VAT on purchases in Mexico (this is how Mexico collects taxes primarily). Americans pay taxes on capital gains on real estate. Mexican banks earn income from a variety of services provided to foreigners often Americans. Americans generally pay for all government services received in Mexico.

There is no free medical care for Americans in Mexico. I don't know if schools are free to Foreigners in Mexico and few who can afford better send their kids to public schools here!

Currently most illegal immigrants entering the US are OTMs I don't see a comparison as valid.

[Edited on 5-25-2021 by RFClark]

Mexicans in side the U.S do pay VAT as well on everything they buy!
Nothing different.
Americans (the term is incorrect! A Mexican is also an American. You mean a US Citizen, right?) pay capital gain tax on properties. Do you know how many properties are sold and that is NOT THE CASE ? Most!
Are banks in the u.S different??? Do they not charge foreigners for services? So far everything you are mentioning in a comparison is false.
Baja exist b/c of U.S. $$$ ? Baja was in existence before the so called Americans reached California. Maybe you don`t know that.
I do not see your arguments as valid.

mtgoat666 - 5-25-2021 at 10:56 AM

I think your nationalistic pride has caused you to have an over-inflated sense of nationalistic self-importance!

But on the flip side, you might say that USA agricultural and construction industries would not exist but for Mexican labor!

gnukid - 5-25-2021 at 11:02 AM

I think the report about a roadblock was on a Hiway with Tolls with some Federal/State association, so perhaps different rules apply, like entering a port or federal facility.

The inspection leaving La Paz North usually is military and South is police and they are different, in that they are permanent and associated to "security", not random verification of visa status, if they ask for identification they are trying to validate if you look like someone with outstanding charges, they don't refuse people to pass who do not have passports, they simply ask your name or if you have ID you can show it. If you want to show them your passport and FMM, I'm sure they don't refuse. They do inspect cars that are suspicious.

The point is there is no "requirement" to carry passport or FMM with you while you cruise around Baja, though you must have them at your home and have legal status that can be demonstrated if you are involved in a crime or infraction, ID helps, they can ask you if you are here legally, and it's possible to use online tools for verification.

In my entire life of passing those two stations North and South, or anywhere in Baja, I've never been refused to pass or had anyone refused to pass for lack of passport and FMM, though, of course, I am here legally. I suppose if you look suspicious and don't interact well, you will be held up while they verify you are not a wanted criminal.

KasloKid - 5-25-2021 at 01:16 PM

I'll add another dimension to the discussion.
A few years ago, my wife and I took a back road from Tuscon to Gila Bend, (Hwy 86). We encountered a border patrol checkpoint and asked for identification (we're Canadian). Showed him my drivers license but he wanted my passport. I told him I have one back at my RV in Yuma, but don't carry it with me whilst being a tourist. I was promptly told by law, as a non national, I am required to be able to produce it to authorities any time it was asked for. Jeez, who knew? He let us go and now we carry our passports.....
When in Mexico, I don't have a problem being asked to produce any documentation proving I'm not an illegal and have only been asked once to produce passport, FMM and proof of vehicle insurance near Empalme, Sonora (just south of Guaymas). It was a highway checkpoint.

David K - 5-25-2021 at 02:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
A few years ago, my wife and I took a back road from Tuscon to Gila Bend, (Hwy 86). We encountered a border patrol checkpoint and asked for identification (we're Canadian). Showed him my drivers license but he wanted my passport. I told him I have one back at my RV in Yuma, but don't carry it with me whilst being a tourist. I was promptly told by law, as a non national, I am required to be able to produce it to authorities any time it was asked for. Jeez, who knew? He let us go and now we carry our passports.....
When in Mexico, I don't have a problem being asked to produce any documentation proving I'm not an illegal and have only been asked once to produce passport, FMM and proof of vehicle insurance near Empalme, Sonora (just south of Guaymas). It was a highway checkpoint.

Exactly true... Of interest, in Europe, the hotel desk holds your passports as a security measure (I guess)... So while on a day tour, you don't have it on you. This was in 1985. As a foreigner, do try and honor the immigration laws. I have never been stopped by a surprise checkpoint seeking passports or FMM/ FMT papers, in my 50 years driving in Baja... But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't have them.

mtgoat666 - 5-25-2021 at 02:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Exactly true... Of interest, in Europe, the hotel desk holds your passports as a security measure (I guess)... So while on a day tour, you don't have it on you. This was in 1985.

Things have changed in last 35 years,… this practice has pretty much disappeared.

JZ - 5-25-2021 at 06:00 PM

We put our passports in the hotel room safe when traveling outside the US. Just did that last week.

Bajaboy - 5-25-2021 at 06:22 PM

Exactly true... Of interest, in Europe, the hotel desk holds your passports as a security measure (I guess)... So while on a day tour, you don't have it on you. This was in 1985. As a foreigner, do try and honor the immigration laws. I have never been stopped by a surprise checkpoint seeking passports or FMM/ FMT papers, in my 50 years driving in Baja... But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't have them.

No different than buying auto insurance. Hope I never need it but I'll always have it.

Immigration stop

Villas - 5-25-2021 at 07:20 PM

My neighbors were stopped, they had a pic on their phones of their pre COVID arrival card, had trouble finding their second card from La Paz, were told to report La Paz the next day, 4000 pesos later for each, they are again legal.

They had not been able to travel back north yet.

Guess this a good reminder that we have to have copies of all documents with us all the time. ( I keep copies, black and white, so as not to be confused as an original,) the immigration officer at the airport, said never have a color copy of your immigration card, only a black and white copy unless you carry the original. They can consider a laminated color copy a forgery

Villas - 5-25-2021 at 07:24 PM

Forgot to mention, the officers checked their status with only their us drivers license and knew exactly when they entered the country, “ big brother is computerized south of the border also”

RFClark - 5-25-2021 at 10:18 PM

JC43,

You must be Canadian cause the US has no VAT! Some states have sales taxes, but there’s no national VAT like Canada and Mexico.

Mexicans don’t consider themselves “Americans” any more than Canadians do even though both countries are located in North America! The Mexican National Anthem begins with the word “Mexicans” not Americans!

It’s difficult to sell property under the table if there is a fido on it! It’s easer for Mexicans because they don't require one! Cheating on the VAT is a national pastime among everyone in Mexico.

Yes, there were Spaniards in Baja before the US was a country! They exported cow hides and tallow not Cars, Trucks and TVs! Tourists and Manufacturing for export have made Baja one of the richest parts of Mexico.

gnukid - 5-26-2021 at 07:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Villas  
Forgot to mention, the officers checked their status with only their us drivers license and knew exactly when they entered the country, “ big brother is computerized south of the border also”

It's like saying you only need to carry proof if you are illegal, since, if you are legal, it shows up in the system based on name?

Basically, if you are legal, there is no need to carry passport or FMM/Visa on a daily basis cruising around, except when crossing the border.

4x4abc - 5-26-2021 at 10:31 AM

reading about immigration checks pretty much every day now.
All over Baja
done by National Guard

del mar - 5-26-2021 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
All over Baja
done by National Guard

and some are reporting copies not accepted

JZ - 5-26-2021 at 12:49 PM

All over Baja
done by National Guard

Hmm. Wonder why they are now cracking down on this? What problem are they trying to solve?

AKgringo - 5-26-2021 at 12:58 PM

It seems to me that the place assure that foreigners traveling in Baja had the right documents, would be at the border!

Even if the traveler knows that the FMM is required, you have to know where and how to get one, and that varies from one crossing to another. I have never seen any helpful signs to guide or inform people of what is next before they have passed through the port of entry!

SFandH - 5-26-2021 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
All over Baja
done by National Guard

Hmm. Wonder why they are now cracking down on this? What problem are they trying to solve?

I saw a news report that Mexico is taking a tougher stance against immigrants coming from Central America who cross into Mexico illegally at the southern border. It could be that they are also looking for, maybe mainly looking for, those folks as they migrate north. Just a thought.

David K - 5-26-2021 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
It seems to me that the place assure that foreigners traveling in Baja had the right documents, would be at the border!

Even if the traveler knows that the FMM is required, you have to know where and how to get one, and that varies from one crossing to another. I have never seen any helpful signs to guide or inform people of what is next before they have passed through the port of entry!

This has been my point of contention, as well. How difficult would it be to inform southbound traffic that non-Mexicans must have a valid visa or FMM and they are obtained HERE (at the first building inside Mexico).

Naturally, the road jam caused by everyone without one stopping is going to be terrific... so, they don't advertise the law... knowing only some will get it. They pretty much know most cars are staying in the border region so the rule is only enforced farther south, but rarely.

mtgoat666 - 5-26-2021 at 02:06 PM

...and speaking of immigrants in the USA...
https://youtu.be/6_35a7sn6ds

Villas - 5-26-2021 at 06:13 PM

maspacificoII - 5-30-2021 at 01:58 PM

Checkpoint just North of La Paz yesterday. Wanted passport and immigration papers. Southbound. Never been checked before. Guy we were following still there when we left.

RFClark - 5-30-2021 at 04:55 PM

Went north today. The floating checkpoint was at KM185 north of La Paz we were looked at but not stoped they were busy searching locals cars.

phmilo - 5-30-2021 at 05:56 PM

So I see a little ambiguity here on carrying your FMM. I always leave mine where we are staying because it was drilled into me "DON'T LOSE IT". I carry my passport with my entry stamp and considered that to be my visa/identification etc.

I've been looking for something definitive on if you have to be able to produce the FMM at will and haven't found anything official. Only that you'll need it to leave or have to get a replacement. Anyone have an official link that says something about carrying it with you?

JC43 - 5-30-2021 at 06:54 PM

JC43,

You must be Canadian cause the US has no VAT! Some states have sales taxes, but there’s no national VAT like Canada and Mexico.

Mexicans don’t consider themselves “Americans” any more than Canadians do even though both countries are located in North America! The Mexican National Anthem begins with the word “Mexicans” not Americans!

It’s difficult to sell property under the table if there is a fido on it! It’s easer for Mexicans because they don't require one! Cheating on the VAT is a national pastime among everyone in Mexico.

Yes, there were Spaniards in Baja before the US was a country! They exported cow hides and tallow not Cars, Trucks and TVs! Tourists and Manufacturing for export have made Baja one of the richest parts of Mexico.

Well, First, you are not catching the point. It doesn`t matter how you call the tax. VAT or Sales. Every Mexican no matter if legal or illegal, is paying on everything they purchase inside the U.S.
Second. Mexicans do consider themselves as Americans. But:::: Mexicans have a name for their country: Mexico. Same w/ Canada or Chile, or,or,or. The U.S doesn`t have a name for theirs. And b/c the U.S. is a "No Name Country" there is no choice other than calling themselves "Americans". Trump was wrong when saying "Make America great again". That includes Mexico!!
(we had this thread some time a go about no name U.S.) And b/c Mexico or Canada has a name, the people call themselves by that specific name. "America" reaches from the northern most point of Canada to the point just a stone throw away from Antarctica. That is `The Americas`. Calling you an American is not wrong, don`t misunderstand me. But again, even a Mexican is an American.
The Anthem??? Even the United States Anthem is dead wrong because of that.
Third. Do you have any idea how many residences in Baja and all over Mexico are constructed w/ drug money from the U.S.? (not from America!) And sold immediately. Those for 2 or 5 or 12 million US $$$. Fideicomiso?? In Mexico everything is possible. If I got money I give a damn on a Fido.

RFClark - 5-30-2021 at 08:13 PM

JC43,

So have you ever been to Mexico farther than 30KM south of the border?

motoged - 5-30-2021 at 08:35 PM

JC43,

Why ask that? What does your question have to do with the thread topic?

And by the way ...

VAT : value-added tax
"The value-added tax (VAT) is the world's most common form of consumption tax, in place in more than 160 countries, including every economically advanced nation except the United States. “Value added” is the difference between business sales and purchase of goods and services from other businesses."

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by motoged]

RFClark - 5-30-2021 at 08:53 PM

The VAT, PST, GST taxes are, if applied across all tax payers without any adjustment for low income buyers, a very regressive tax scheme!

The point is as illegals often don't pay FICA or income tax in the US they aren't paying their share of US taxes

In answer to your question. 43 doesn't seem to know much about the US or Mexico!

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by RFClark]

motoged - 5-30-2021 at 10:20 PM

In answer to your question. 43 doesn't seem to know much about the US or Mexico!

What gives you that impression? Or did you just not like what he said?

RFClark - 5-31-2021 at 12:47 AM

Well, briefly since it is “off topic”. jc43 thinks that “Mexicanos” think of themselves as “Americanos”. They don’t! Their country is the “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” and they are “Mexicanos”! What hey do wish is that the USA, “America or the US” for short, would remember that Mexico too is a “US” Estados Unidos”! Mexicanos often refer to Norte Amereicanos” as “Gringos” they don't consider a “Canadiense” as either!

jc43 might not know why that is either!

Lee - 5-31-2021 at 09:44 AM

Well, briefly since it is “off topic”. jc43 thinks that “Mexicanos” think of themselves as “Americanos”. They don’t! Their country is the “Estados Unidos Mexicanos” and they are “Mexicanos”! What hey do wish is that the USA, “America or the US” for short, would remember that Mexico too is a “US” Estados Unidos”! Mexicanos often refer to Norte Amereicanos” as “Gringos” they don't consider a “Canadiense” as either!

jc43 might not know why that is either!

x2.

I define myself as Norte americano, depending on who's president. Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

mtgoat666 - 5-31-2021 at 10:00 AM

You guys are tilting at windmills. Gringos have exercised their manifest destiny and successfully staked claim to the title “American” (and ‘Merican). None of you are going to convince anyone that Mexicanos or chilenos can call themselves “American” and be understood in the current lexicon.

motoged - 5-31-2021 at 11:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

I remember that conversation a few years ago.... a form of stolen honour..... eh....

it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders.

An interesting read on the notion of "patriotism":
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/us/patriot-definition-trnd/index.html

Mr. Bills - 5-31-2021 at 12:11 PM

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

I remember that conversation a few years ago.... a form of stolen honour..... eh....

. . . it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders. . . .

Based on overheard comments about PM Trudeau by Canadian snowbirds who managed to make it to San Felipe last winter despite the pandemic, I suspect there may be quite a few Canadians identifying as Americans this year.

:)

motoged - 5-31-2021 at 12:15 PM

Well, we have our share of idiots.... but a handful of them are certainly not representative of the average Canadian. Deciding to travel during the pandemic and making San Felipe a long-term destination is likely indicative of their social consciousness.

JZ - 5-31-2021 at 01:00 PM

Could you imagine sitting in your basement for a year?

Any sane person knew the risk of getting it outside was next to nill, and the CDC finally admitted it. And you don't get it from touching surfaces, which was stated early, but some ppl remained ignorant about that important fact.

Too bad some ppl listened to their govt. overlords and pi##ed away a year of their lives. Meanwhile those same leaders laffed at them while they traveled and sent their kids to school. Some ppl are so dumb.

We made the most of 2020, visiting 10 states, flying across the US 3 times, and a half dozen week long road trips. Always getting out in nature and into the fresh air.

I realized the govt. was full of sh#t in CA when they closed the hiking trails. That was a signal. And from the jump we went under their little yellow tape. Which of course they took down three months later admitting their over reaction.

[Edited on 5-31-2021 by JZ]

Mr. Bills - 5-31-2021 at 01:09 PM

Well, we have our share of idiots.... but a handful of them are certainly not representative of the average Canadian. Deciding to travel during the pandemic and making San Felipe a long-term destination is likely indicative of their social consciousness.

FYI - There were zero reported active Covid-19 cased in San Felipe the week before Santa Semana and I didn't see anyone acting irresponsibly or with a lack of social consciousness - whether they be Americano, Mexicano or even Canadian.

So much for your social shaming on this bright and sunny holiday weekend in 'Merica. ;)

JZ - 5-31-2021 at 01:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

FYI - There were zero reported active Covid-19 cased in San Felipe the week before Santa Semana and I didn't see anyone acting irresponsibly or with a lack of social consciousness - whether they be Americano, Mexicano or even Canadian.

So much for your social shaming on this bright and sunny holiday weekend in 'Merica. ;)

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020. They did everything their lib leaders told them to do. Even when their leaders did the opposite. Even when the science told them differently.

And they tried to force their paranoia on others. When in 2020 if you were under 50 you had a better chance of dying in a car crash.

Lee - 5-31-2021 at 01:44 PM

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020. They did everything their lib leaders told them to do. Even when their leaders did the opposite. Even when the science told them differently.

And they tried to force their paranoia on others. When in 2020 if you were under 50 you had a better chance of dying in a car crash.

What a crock. Just more nonsense. Wrong on most counts about the pandemic.

Lee - 5-31-2021 at 02:24 PM

Sometimes, I'm Canadian.

it's a shame that folks might lie about their nationality when embarrassed about their country's leaders.

Lencho thinks an earlier comment you made about ''alien illegals'' are argumentative. I do too. Why?

For the record, I believe illegals on both sides of the border should be sent to Canada.

Shame is an issue brought up regularly by JZ. Surprises me to have this word popping up again here. Supp with that ged?

You might be more like JZ than anyone here. Moral.

motoged - 5-31-2021 at 02:26 PM

Spin it however you want.... and avoid the real issue.

mtgoat666 - 5-31-2021 at 03:18 PM

Basement dwellers lost their minds in 2020.

Shorty McJizzy:
Speaking of basement dwellers,… a new study indicates you short people have higher risk of catching covid-19:

https://coronavirus.nautil.us/does-height-affect-coronavirus...

https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0026360

Lee - 5-31-2021 at 07:43 PM

Lencho thinks an earlier comment you made about ''alien illegals'' are argumentative.
Please don't try using me to support your personal agenda. :no:

Or claim you know what I think. :rolleyes:

OK, you're obviously looking for an argument, so let's invert the game:

Why shouldn't they be doing this? ;)

Personal agenda? Reading too much into this.

I'm allowed to repeat anything you've written. Don't like that be more careful about what you write?:lol:

You wrote ged was obviously looking for an argument. Still think that?

Back to the subject. Up for throwing out all illegals N. and S. of the border. Late 90s, rumor has it migracion visited neighborhoods and knocked on doors. Think that happened in Pesky.

RFClark - 5-31-2021 at 07:58 PM

There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian! In some countries that was a lot safer to do. That boat sailed a long time ago. Lately Canadians have been denying that they are from Canada. I think that's where this America/American thing is coming from!

Illegal immigrants, Canada is a lot tougher on illegals than the US is. I've watched Customs Canada rip the linings out a Jamaican’s suitcase while waving Anglo Canadians through without a glance!

JC43 - 5-31-2021 at 09:40 PM

JC43,

Yes Sir !!!!! I am born in Mexico. Raised in the U.S. and Mexico and France. Living now for more than a decade in CSL. Any more question?

JC43 - 5-31-2021 at 09:47 PM

My question to you: Why are you not asking "43 doesn`t seem to know much about America or Mexico? Any reason for that? :lol::lol::lol:

JC43 - 5-31-2021 at 09:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian!

Ridiculous. How is a trumpeter like you going to pass for a Canadian? You might pass for a conservative (repressed), rural hoser hick,… maybe.

Hey hey goat! RFC might not be the smartest when "pulling a conclusion out of his forehead". But PLS be not personal, o.k.?

JC43 - 5-31-2021 at 09:59 PM

I have a genaral quetion to this topic. Why is it that ,,,, no?Americans? Gringos? O.K., U.S. Citizens have to discuss what the MX or Baja Government is doing to control illegal aliens??? Don? t get me wrong, this topic as an information is 100% o.k. But does it needs to be discussed if the action itself is right or wrong? Do Mexicans living or visiting the U.S. also discuss INS or DHS matters openly (and somehow aggressive) like it is done here? (well, maybe Ocasio Cortez)

motoged - 6-6-2021 at 10:32 AM

There was a time when if you traveled Canadians were geneally better liked than those of us from the USA. I worked a lot in Vancouver and Toronto back then so I could pass for a Canadian! In some countries that was a lot safer to do. That boat sailed a long time ago. Lately Canadians have been denying that they are from Canada. I think that's where this America/American thing is coming from!

Boy, that's all pretty stupid.....

I have travelled a lot in the USA.....glad that didn't make me pass for an "American" :lol:

You are just making up the bit about Canadians denying they are from Canada..... except for a few mutant trumpsters you are associating with. :rolleyes:

How to look and talk Canadian, eh?:

David K - 6-6-2021 at 10:42 AM

Why American Beer has twist off tops:

John Harper - 6-6-2021 at 10:42 AM

Boy, that's all pretty stupid.....

I have travelled a lot in the USA.....glad that didn't make me pass for an "American" :lol:

You are just making up the bit about Canadians denying they are from Canada..... except for a few mutant trumpsters you are associating with. :rolleyes:

Does seem like a big cloud of swamp gas to me as well.

John

motoged - 6-6-2021 at 10:52 AM

David,
You really need to get a different sense of reference to Canada.... the 80's are behind us....

Have you ever travelled in Canada for more than a day ?

You could study the history of missionaries here....and the havoc they wrecked in our history. ... and genocide.... :light:

RFClark - 6-6-2021 at 11:04 AM

Goat,

Not all Canadians are NDP or even Liberal! I’ve known many who worked in the U.S. w/o work visas, which BTW, I always had when I worked in Canada or Mexico! Usually I worked for or under Canadians or Mexicans! I worked for some of the same People for about 40 years!

Generally, people who use pejoratives rather than facts, especially when they know “0” about the person they are directing them at have personal issues!

[Edited on 6-6-2021 by RFClark]

JC43 - 6-6-2021 at 02:02 PM

@DavidK: `American` beer has no twist off caps! Only those inside the U.S. have twist offs. Mexican beer i.e. does not have those easy to remove caps - where I never know who peed in at the store. But it might be an intention to use those twist offs. Those who can not handle an opener or those who only have two left hands, are supported. :lol::lol::lol:

RFClark - 6-6-2021 at 11:57 PM

JC43,

If you live in Cabo you need to get out more! Pacifico in disposable bottles came with twist off caps! But perhaps you drink Chinese Beer?

motoged - 6-7-2021 at 12:27 AM

The average Asian beer tends to be better than average US domestic beer,,,,:light:

RFClark - 6-7-2021 at 12:30 AM

The average beer most anywhere is better than the major US brands!

David K - 6-7-2021 at 08:32 AM

David,
You really need to get a different sense of reference to Canada.... the 80's are behind us....

Have you ever travelled in Canada for more than a day ?

You could study the history of missionaries here....and the havoc they wrecked in our history. ... and genocide.... :light:

Yes, but only a couple days in the Vancouver area.
How did missionaries wreck havoc in Canada? While the Spanish did sail up the coast and made claims to about the area of Alaska, they never got past northern California with their missions.

Mr. Bills - 6-7-2021 at 08:36 AM

How did missionaries wreck havoc in Canada? While the Spanish did sail up the coast and made claims to about the area of Alaska, they never got past northern California with their missions.

There were French missionaries, eh?

See, e.g.:

https://www.smu.ca/webfiles/binasco-catholicmissionariesinac...

https://www.jstor.org/stable/44373806?seq=1#metadata_info_ta...

motoged - 6-7-2021 at 10:38 AM

The missionaries puked out by the catholic church roamed the planet stealing and leaving a wake of death wherever they went.....and clearly were not only in Mexico.

Canada is currently having to face up to the impact of catholic church missionaries and their role in the federal gov'ts genocidal approach to managing our indigenous populations....

Like the scourge of sexual abuse being denied by the pope and his cadres, their role in such social destruction is clearly visible to those who are informed.

You can't romanticize their role:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-pope-francis-expresses-sorrow-over-unmarked-graves-at-residential/

David K - 6-7-2021 at 11:57 AM

Wild stuff there!

motoged - 6-7-2021 at 12:34 PM

Wild stuff there!

Such a sensitive reply..... :O :no:

....but not surprised.

Don Pisto - 6-7-2021 at 12:42 PM

Wild stuff there!

Such a sensitive reply..... :O :no:

....but not surprised.

well thats definitely 'effed up! did you happen to attend this school Ged?

motoged - 6-7-2021 at 12:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

well thats definitely 'effed up! did you happen to attend this school Ged?

No, such residential schools were designed solely for indigenous youth unceremoniously removed from their family homes.

maspacificoII - 6-7-2021 at 12:59 PM

Checked back to see where, or, if the checkpoints were still around. Very informative! Carry on!

JC43 - 6-8-2021 at 08:19 AM

JC43,

If you live in Cabo you need to get out more! Pacifico in disposable bottles came with twist off caps! But perhaps you drink Chinese Beer?

I never tried Chinese beer. Is it drinkable? I do prefer German Beer as it is the only beer in the world which is brewed according to the `Reinheitsgebot`/ Purity Law. In most cases U.S. beer is not brewed. The so called `Breweries` are mixing some kind of a powder with water and the result is what they call beer. And btw. I stopped drinking out of a bottle at the age of two. But U.S. Citizens are not used to drink beer out of a glass. Their drinking habits remain as they learned it using the feeding bottle. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: