BajaNomad

Scholarship student updates 6/1/21

BajaBlanca - 5-29-2021 at 08:21 PM

I stopped by to visit with Alondra today. She is interning and she is the one I have chosen to run the scholarship project should something happen to me. We leave for Europe tomorrow and I want to be on the safe side.

The first thing Alondra informed me is that the La Bocana fishing cooperative offered her a permanent salaried position!

We are OVER THE MOON happy. Her life took so many twists and turns over the years....Right after she started college, her grandmother died, and they were really close. Then her dad died and they were also very close. I was quite worried that depression would take this kid down...not so!

Her major is Industrial Engineering and she studies in Ensenada. Her Mom lives here in La Bocana.

Fast forward and Covid hits. So she comes back to La Bocana and asks me if it is OK to intern at our local cooperative, I love the idea because i know that they will offer her a permanent position and that it will be the job she will hold until she retires unless she quits.

Here she is today ~ a round of applause for the newest employee. She is just finishing up finals, and the internship goes on for another couple months and then she gets contracted!

Next we have Fernanda who just went to a conference on electromechanical engineering. She loved the talks and says she learned about NOOM, among other topics.

Here is a photo with her certificate - she is the one on the left. Thanks goes out to her sponsor!!!

I am happy!

[Edited on 6-1-2021 by BajaBlanca]

TMW - 5-30-2021 at 10:56 AM

Way to go. I've never heard of NOOM, but then I've never heard of a lot of things.

BajaBlanca - 5-30-2021 at 02:29 PM

I haven't either 😂

AKgringo - 5-30-2021 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Way to go. I've never heard of NOOM, but then I've never heard of a lot of things.
Oh, yeah?! Bet I haven't heard of more things than you haven't heard of! :lol:

And then there is the problem of actually remembering what you have heard of! :?:

BajaBlanca - 5-31-2021 at 05:25 PM

Can anyone explain why I am getting AARP ads under my BajaNomad window? Oh my goodness hahahahaha

TMW - 5-31-2021 at 07:38 PM

Maybe you clicked on AARP recently. If I order something over the internet I often get ads for what I ordered pop up at various places. I think companies will track you after you've been to their site. I usually clear a lot of that stuff out of my PC at least once a week.

BajaBlanca - 6-1-2021 at 01:20 PM

OK TMW, you are on. Please make plans to come to La Bocana and teach me how to get rid of cookies!

BajaBlanca - 6-1-2021 at 02:24 PM

Here is a photo Javier posted yesterday. He is doing his internship with this company and is really loving it.

Waiting to hear any day now that they will contract him when his internship is over!

Whale-ista - 6-3-2021 at 01:57 AM

Felicidades to all your students for their accomplishments!

Safe travels this summer.