BajaNomad

Frankfurt tomorrow!

BajaBlanca - 7-13-2021 at 06:51 AM

Well, after one of the most enjoyable fun filled action packed vacation months ever, tomorrow we leave turkey and head to Germany.

Why Germany?

My son is in the air force and stationed there! I am so excited to see him (Marcos but we call him Marc), his wife and my granddaughter who turns 8 in September!

Land in Frankfurt but head to a tiny village called Dudeldorf (no "s").

Stay tuned for news and photos and don't be alarmed when you hear the screams of happiness!!

Elona - 7-13-2021 at 07:09 AM

Hi Blanca and Les,

I wave to Dudeldorf :D. I've never heard of this place, even though I live approx. 3 hours away.

But we have already visited Baja California twice.

I hope to hear the scream of happiness soon :biggrin:.

Have a good time in Germany.

Elona - 7-15-2021 at 06:41 AM

Hi Blanca and Les,

I hope you are doing well.

After heavy rain flash floods occured in the area. I can't remember when there were such masses of water as this year.

Usually we don't know such severe weather conditions in Germany, but this year everything is different.

[Edited on 15-7-2021 by Elona]

JC43 - 7-15-2021 at 03:21 PM

Dudeldorf, a village of 1300 inhabitants. Among those 220 U.S. Citizens. How do you think to find your son???:light::light:

AKgringo - 7-16-2021 at 08:46 AM

I'm sure looking forward to Blanca posting that she, and her family are safe!

elgatoloco - 7-17-2021 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I'm sure looking forward to Blanca posting that she, and her family are safe!

X2

It doesn't sound good for Dudeldorf

AKgringo - 7-17-2021 at 12:11 PM

A search for damage from this flood (specific to Dudeldorf) did not turn up a link for me, but it found one from 2018, so the town is prone to flooding!

https://www.spangdahlem.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/...

BajaBlanca - 7-17-2021 at 11:27 PM

I am great and apologize for not writing sooner! My son lives high up on a hill!! This village was affected since there are rivers flowing right thru town BUT they were prepared and not badly hit.

I am loving everything German!!!!!

Elona - 7-18-2021 at 09:33 AM

Now I am glad that everything is ok and that you love Germany .:biggrin:.