BajaNomad

Wind damage reports

dizzyspots - 9-10-2021 at 03:55 AM

Wind damage reports in FB from Gonzaga Bay north to Pete's Camp. Photos out of Alphonsinas and South Campos...Roofs off, water tanks,solar panels, doors and windows??? Ant reports out of Papas? I know many folks are NOB...???

pacificobob - 9-10-2021 at 06:28 AM

are you inquiring or reporting? I'm not clear on your message

brucedog - 9-10-2021 at 07:10 AM

I can't imagine any damage that far north. Cabo, Todos, and Pesky got it the worst. A friend said it gusted to about 70 in Todos. Our place in La Ventana had a couple gusts over 50 and at least 3" of rain

dizzyspots - 9-10-2021 at 07:14 AM

Inquiring...I've read internet reports concerning significant damage at Alphonsinas and the South Campo...also reports of damage at Pete's camp....looking for more info, specically about Papa's...seems like it may have an isolated but severe wind event!!

willardguy - 9-10-2021 at 08:04 AM

haven't heard any reports but like you said most are NOB. did you guys buy a place at Papa's?

mjs - 9-10-2021 at 08:06 AM

Had wind at 57 mph before my weather station was destroyed. Friend reported 69 mph on theirs. Neighbors have roof damage and have seen some houses with severe damage. Anyone that had their windows open has probably spent the last two days shoveling sand out of their home.

David K - 9-10-2021 at 09:16 AM

This was a devil wind event the other day. Not related to the hurricane. Wind speed on this one exceeded 70 mph. Lots of talk on the Baja South Campos Amigos page. Sept 8, about 2:15 am

This is the same, sudden strong wind that we experienced in July 2011 on Shell Island and that sunk the fishing vessel 'Erik' near Gonzaga/ Punta Bufeo, killing so many. It is freaking how fast it goes from calm to full-on hurricane force!

Wilder recorded this at Km. 42, south of San Felipe:

Sept 8 wind.jpg - 7kB

[Edited on 9-10-2021 by David K]

freediverbrian - 9-10-2021 at 09:28 AM

The report from Gonzaga I received was micro burst from the east hit about 2:00 am. It hit fast and and gone in an hour. My neighbor lost his solar panels and a patio/bar next to his house. Not a lot of news because most are still nob for another month.