BajaNomad

Diesel in or around Gonzaga Bay?

Howard - 11-10-2021 at 08:20 AM

Friends of mine drive a diesel pick up with a 300 mile range. Heading north they topped off in Jesus Maria.

They are in L.A. Bay and the station there has been out of diesel for some time. They are heading to Gonzaga next and they previously were told that they were also out of diesel.

Does anybody have a current report on diesel availability in Gonzaga or where is the next station heading north that has some.

Please, current reports only.

RFClark - 11-10-2021 at 08:56 AM

Try calling the market at Gonzaga and asking them +52 664 134 2251

The next diesel is in San Felipe.

JZ - 11-10-2021 at 08:59 AM

That happened to me once, no diesel at BoLA.

I was able to get it right off the highway where you get back on MX 1.

mtgoat666 - 11-10-2021 at 09:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Friends of mine drive a diesel pick up with a 300 mile range. Heading north they topped off in Jesus Maria.

They are in L.A. Bay and the station there has been out of diesel for some time. They are heading to Gonzaga next and they previously were told that they were also out of diesel.

Does anybody have a current report on diesel availability in Gonzaga or where is the next station heading north that has some.

try calling alfonsinas hotel or another local biz and ask for tele number of pemex or an employee at the pemex.

best to call the proprietor when you got questions about product availability

RFClark - 11-10-2021 at 09:05 AM

Yes, there are 3 trucks selling gas at the corner of 1 and the La Bay road. One could have diesel.

bkbend - 11-11-2021 at 03:07 PM

It's 100 miles from Villa Jesus Maria to BdeLA and 202 from the traffic circle in BdeLA to the Chevron at the south end of San Felipe. If they aren't driving around while they're there, they might be able to go slow and milk a little extra mileage out of their truck. Or see if they can get just a gallon at the barrels, any impurities that may exist would be diluted into half a tanks worth.

When the diesel runs dry they don't seem to be in any hurry to fill it. I've been there for over two weeks without diesel but I can do the round trip from San Felipe and back on one tank.

100X - 11-11-2021 at 03:15 PM

With 1000 pre-running in full swing (race starts 11/18), purchase early and often when you find it.

basautter - 11-11-2021 at 04:47 PM

So, there is a diesel pump at Gonzaga, and I have always been able to fill up there.....but.... I have experienced diesel shortages on the peninsula, especially during events such as the Baja 1000 or during holidays when there are a lot of people traveling. I now bring a few extra 5 gallon cans of diesel just to be safe.

RFClark - 11-11-2021 at 07:57 PM

We drove by today. Coco had a couple of visitors and the gas station at Gonzaga was jammed!

Don Pisto - 11-12-2021 at 07:28 PM

from FB.....
NO FUEL IN GONZAGA BAY.
We left Bahia Los Angeles this morning to drive to San Felipe. Neither station in Bahia LA had diesel and said it would be Sunday, maybe. We dumped our extra 5 gal jug into our almost empty Dodge truck figuring we'd get fuel in Gonzaga Bay. Got to Gonzaga Bay on fumes and the station there was closed, possibly for a remodel? No gas, no diesel. We siphoned 4 gal from a tank for our heater and cooktop and limped into San Felipe on empty. Be prepared, don't count on fuel in Gonzaga Bay. There were the usual guys selling GAS out of drums at the intersection of Hwy 1 and the Bahia LA highway.

mtgoat666 - 11-12-2021 at 09:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

from FB.....
NO FUEL IN GONZAGA BAY.
We left Bahia Los Angeles this morning to drive to San Felipe. Neither station in Bahia LA had diesel and said it would be Sunday, maybe. We dumped our extra 5 gal jug into our almost empty Dodge truck figuring we'd get fuel in Gonzaga Bay. Got to Gonzaga Bay on fumes and the station there was closed, possibly for a remodel? No gas, no diesel. We siphoned 4 gal from a tank for our heater and cooktop and limped into San Felipe on empty. Be prepared, don't count on fuel in Gonzaga Bay. There were the usual guys selling GAS out of drums at the intersection of Hwy 1 and the Bahia LA highway.

If you drive a diesel (or any truck), get the extra large gas tank. Hell, my f150 with XL gas tank will get 600+ miles out a full tank of gasoline…