BajaNomad

PCR Loreto

redmesa - 11-10-2021 at 02:46 PM

Is there any place in Loreto to get a PCR Covid test? Not an antigen but a PCR test? Please, not just rumours but real facts would be appreciated. Thanks all.

JZ - 11-10-2021 at 03:07 PM

Not sure which test it is, but the one I had in Loreto is where they go way up your nose. The ones I've done in CA just swab around your nostril.

We went to the Medelab clinic.

[Edited on 11-10-2021 by JZ]

redmesa - 11-10-2021 at 04:04 PM

Thanks JZ. Usually, you can tell the test by how long the turn around was for results and how much it costs. PCR tests take hours and sometimes days to get lab results and cost upward of 100 usd. Canada requires this test to enter the country and the U.S. and Mexico do not.

John Harper - 11-10-2021 at 05:53 PM

I found this for you, antigen or PCR tests in Loreto:

https://villadelpalmarloreto.com/care-and-cleanliness-commit...

I'm sure you can work out something if you're not a guest, most things are negotiable. Or, call them and find out beforehand. Perhaps they've gotten the same question before? Most likely, I would think.

Hope that helps you! Have fun and enjoy.

John

[Edited on 11-11-2021 by John Harper]

JDCanuck - 11-11-2021 at 06:46 AM

I'd like to add to the La Paz locations: La Paz airport site gave us our PCR tests, no appointment, no lineup, under 80 dollars US and the results were emailed to our phone in 32-40 hours after the test, giving us 32 hours before the deadline to fill out the required ArriveCan app. English speaking Attendant there aided us in filling out the application on our smart phones as well, so whole process took about 15 minutes.
For international passenger, PCR test costs 1500 pesos while antigen test costs 500 pesos.