BajaNomad

Car rental at LTO?

Santiago - 11-22-2021 at 11:50 AM

Any recommendations on auto rental at the Loreto airport?

100X - 11-22-2021 at 12:41 PM

Bob and Susan's website notes Budget, Avis and Hertz at LTO. Can not confirm or make a recommendation personally.

JZ - 11-22-2021 at 05:49 PM

I just used a new place that is located in Loreto, right off Hwy 1.

If you go through the big guys at the airport be sure to contact them direct and don't use a 3rd party.

Ask the cost of insurance and the amount of the deposit. I had to put down a $1,500 deposit on a car once at the LTO airport.

advrider - 11-22-2021 at 08:09 PM

Do a walk around video of the car with your phone, saved us some BS charges in Cabo twice. Tried to charge for scratched up hubcaps until our phone came out and showed they were already bad and not noted.

JZ - 11-22-2021 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Do a walk around video of the car with your phone, saved us some BS charges in Cabo twice. Tried to charge for scratched up hubcaps until our phone came out and showed they were already bad and not noted.

My experience is LTO is not like that.

But still a good idea.

Santiago - 11-23-2021 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
Bob and Susan's website notes Budget, Avis and Hertz at LTO. Can not confirm or make a recommendation personally.

The reason I'm asking is that if you try to rent a car thru Alaska Air's website, all they have are three companies I've never heard of before: Eurocar, Mas and Mex.