BajaNomad

Coco and us, in 2001

David K - 12-7-2021 at 02:36 PM

There is a Facebook conversation about Coco needing an electric wheelchair. With so much loose dirt surrounding his corner, his mobility is limited with the manual chair.

Anyway, some were asking when he lost his leg(s). One person tought it was 2008? I have several from before then. I dug up a photo taken in July 2001, as our Viva Baja Van tour was heading north from Bahía de los Angeles. Coco is standing with one artificial leg in this photo... I think it is the oldest that I have?

L to R: David K, Coco, Sarah K, David Eidell, 'Miguelito' (Mike Humfreville Jr.)

100X - 12-7-2021 at 11:01 PM

Per Coco, he lost the first leg in an auto accident; I do not recall when he said it happened.

The second leg caused him health issues for several years and was finally removed, I want to say around 2012, and it improved his health quite a bit.

mtgoat666 - 12-8-2021 at 12:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Anyway, some were asking when he lost his leg(s). One person tought it was 2008? I have several from before then. I dug up a photo taken in July 2001, as our Viva Baja Van tour was heading north from Bahía de los Angeles. Coco is standing with one artificial leg in this photo... I think it is the oldest that I have?

Weird thread, Dk.
Why don’t you just call or text him and ask him?
Polling the internet to find out when your buddy lost his leg - just a bit weird, detached and socially odd…

westafricancaptain - 12-8-2021 at 07:45 AM

Speaking of detached and socially odd, I find it refreshing to know there are still people out there that care for one another.

David K - 12-8-2021 at 09:27 AM

Goat, for a university professor, your reading skills are worse than mine! LOL

I was not asking when, I simply posted a photo to them showing it was before my 2001 visit. I really did not care when, but I like to help others get the information they seek.

If you ever do go to that part of Baja, you will see that Coco's Corner is off grid, so no Internet, no phone calling.

David K - 12-8-2021 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by westafricancaptain  
Speaking of detached and socially odd, I find it refreshing to know there are still people out there that care for one another.

Beautiful words, man!:D