BajaNomad

Alfonsina's Restaurant Gonzaga Bay

BajaLuna - 12-23-2021 at 11:47 PM

We stopped for lunch here and we are so glad we did! The fish tacos were great! Huge portions! Good service too! And the location on the bay and a few short steps to the water OMG, there's such a feeling there! Beautiful place and worth the drive down the dirt road! We were in a Ford Transit Van and the road there was no problem! Beautiful serene place!

David K - 12-24-2021 at 09:25 AM

Great news. There have been mostly negative reports but about the high cost of rooms. We have always enjoyed eating there... Shrimp or fish plates.

Mulege Canuck - 12-24-2021 at 09:32 AM

I might have to try that Restaurant again. Seems like things have changed.

100X - 12-24-2021 at 09:38 AM

I liked it better before the "remodel." Of course that could be because of group pictures on the wall that included many friends and my daughters when they were very young. Wish I had those photos....

Yes, the food and view are very good!

WestyWanderer - 12-24-2021 at 01:56 PM

We ate here maybe a month and a half ago. Showed up at 11:45 and tried to order lunch, they said it wasn’t served until noon. We considered waiting but elected to eat breakfast instead.

The breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about and definitely not worth the price. The table next to us ordered tacos and they looked very good, we should have waited.

TMW - 12-24-2021 at 03:43 PM

I've always had a good meal there.

JZ - 12-24-2021 at 03:59 PM

The view and setting is killer. They just need to stop trying to be an all inclusive resort.

mtgoat666 - 12-24-2021 at 04:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Great news. There have been mostly negative reports but about the high cost of rooms. We have always enjoyed eating there... Shrimp or fish plates.

You can discount/ignore all reviews focused on price. Skin flints are poor reviewers, their opinions unreliable.

TMW - 12-25-2021 at 11:25 AM

My brother and I stayed there several years ago and they gave us a room under the wind turbine. The bearings were going out and it was screaming pretty loud. They moved us to another room after we complained.

Don Pisto - 12-25-2021 at 01:01 PM

good to hear a positive review, now with the road completed its a shame they turned the rancho grande restaurant site into rooms:( Alfies could use the competition

David K - 12-25-2021 at 01:07 PM

In addition to Alfonsina's and Rancho Grande:

La Poma has yurts (luxury tents).
Punta Bufeo has motel rooms.
Camp Beluga has cabins.
El Sacrificio has cabin/ rooms.