BajaNomad

Los Cabos Visitors to be Tested for COVID

Pages:  1  2  

JDCanuck - 1-12-2022 at 04:32 PM

At age 68, we in Canada could not get a first mRNA shot booked til Mar 28, 2021, a full 3 months or more after they were available for similar ages in the US. People were at that time begging to obtain them spending hours or days trying to get through the busy signals to book their first shots. 2nd doses weren't available for the same people til July 2021. We focused first on getting them to the very elderly and health care providers, and I at the time agreed with that. Focusing on the most at risk was definitely the right way to go.

[Edited on 1-12-2022 by JDCanuck]

KurtG - 1-12-2022 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
By the beginning of that date range (December 2020-October 2021), US was just beginning the vaccinations so I assume that includes just the first vaccine shot, and extends right up to the double dose fully vaccinated date. Were boosters begun by Oct 2021?

Yes, I got my booster Sept 22 which I believe was the first day they were available.

surabi - 1-12-2022 at 08:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Sounds like smoking weed could save your life.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-f...

What it sounds like is that you have poor reading comprehension. It is compounds found in hemp that counter viruses. Heat destroys those compounds, so smoking it wouldn't work.

JZ - 1-12-2022 at 09:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

What it sounds like is that you have poor reading comprehension. It is compounds found in hemp that counter viruses. Heat destroys those compounds, so smoking it wouldn't work.

It was a joke little lady. Smile.

Skipjack Joe - 1-13-2022 at 10:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Regarding comorbidity. I guess you mean non covid cases being counted as covid. Ive never bought into the argument that case numbers are false. That’s gnukid’s territory. The biggest changes occur when ICUs are filled to capacity or close to it. That’s when the non covid numbers drop. It’s clear that the medical staff has to prioritize based on the severity of the illness. They are professionals that don’t care if the patient is vaccinated or not.

The CDC director just said this week that at least 75% of ppl with Covid who died had 4 comorbidities.

Nowhere on the graph does it chart people who died. It shows people who are in ICUs. I still maintain that you can't simply replace people in ICUs that are non covid with those who have covid and state they are one and the same.

100X - 1-13-2022 at 11:14 AM

A comorbidity is, for example, a person who has both covid and a heart attack. They very likely wind up in the hospital. If they die, is it a covid death or a death from heart attack?

The concept is quite simple--really! The hard part is determining the cause of death, and reporting it so that accurate conclusions can be drawn.

Bajaboy - 1-13-2022 at 12:25 PM

Just like when you suggested people take horse steroids, drink urine, or bleach:light: Just....shut....up....

[Edited on 1-13-2022 by Bajaboy]

mtgoat666 - 1-13-2022 at 02:22 PM

"little lady?"
she is taller than you, melonhead. most everyone is taller than you. :P

surabi - 1-13-2022 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
A comorbidity is, for example, a person who has both covid and a heart attack. They very likely wind up in the hospital. If they die, is it a covid death or a death from heart attack?

The concept is quite simple--really! The hard part is determining the cause of death, and reporting it so that accurate conclusions can be drawn.

Not that hard, really. The likelihood of someone just happening to have a heart attack when they were already hospitalized for Covid, and have it be unrelated, are so small as to be insignificant.

Think about it like this- you have a limp from an old injury that never healed properly. You walk with a limp, it's painful sometimes, you can't really run. But you've learned to live with it and accept that the activities you can do are somewhat limited.

You are in a crosswalk when some drunk driver comes careening around the corner. All the other pedestrians in the crosswalk run to the curb and avoid being hit, but you can't run, get hit and die.

Was your cause of death your bum leg, or was it because a drunk driver hit you?

Plenty of people have underlying conditions they can live with all their lives, that they can manage with diet, exercise, and/or medication. They may not even know they have some condition, as they've never had any symptoms. If they contract Covid and die because that just taxed their already compromised system, then obviously it was Covid that killed them.

Skipjack Joe - 1-13-2022 at 03:38 PM

I don't question what comorbidity is. I question that the graph represents comorbidity. We are saying essentially that those same people that were in ICUs without covid have been simply replaced with covid. That's a very unlikely scenario.

John Harper - 1-13-2022 at 03:55 PM

It could also a be combination of covid and pneumonia, or even covid and MRSA, both extremely common secondary infections for people in the ICU, and hospitals in general.

My godson died (at age 22) of MRSA complications while in the ICU for kidney failure. I don't know what his death certificate read, MRSA, or Kidney Failure. Both likely were factors.

As I learned a long time ago, people often die in hospitals, and not always for the reason they were admitted.

John

[Edited on 1-13-2022 by John Harper]

100X - 1-13-2022 at 03:57 PM

I believe if you look at your and my posts since yesterday you did actually raise an issue about what comorbidity is, seeming to indicate you questioned if they even existed. The definition of comorbidity was not the subject of the question I posed, but what seemed like a confused response was the only response I received, at least until Surabi's post.

"Heart attack" was to try and clarify what comorbidity means, not as an end all example setting forth the whole issue. There are many potential comorbidities, as acknowledged by the CDC of course, but you have to accept there is such a thing before you can respond logically.

Again, I had straightforward questions about the graph posted, until we got off track.

100X - 1-13-2022 at 04:00 PM

And plenty of those "underlying conditions" also ultimately kill them.

Covid is not a death sentence for most, so the question of comorbidity is a valid one.

surabi - 1-13-2022 at 04:55 PM

And plenty of those "underlying conditions" also ultimately kill them.

Covid is not a death sentence for most, so the question of comorbidity is a valid one.

The key word in your post is "ultimately". Someone could manage their diabetes well, and live until the age of 85, living to see their grandchildren grow up, graduate, have their own kids. They may travel the world, seeing and enjoying places that had been on their bucket list for 40 years.Or they could contract Covid now, at the age of 65, and die of a "comorbidity".

It's pretty rude to dismiss 20 years of their lives they missed out on by saying, "Oh well, they were diabetic, you know."

[Edited on 1-14-2022 by surabi]

100X - 1-13-2022 at 05:30 PM

I'm sure everyone can decide for themselves who the rude one is.

John Harper - 1-13-2022 at 05:52 PM

I recently heard that oxygen is poisonous. It just takes 80 or so years to kill you.

John

JDCanuck - 1-13-2022 at 07:23 PM

On comorbidity: My mother died at age 85 in 2009 during an exceptionally bad flu season and right after contracting the seasonal flu. She had pre existing heart and organ failures which were gradually worsening. Her death certificate listed heart failure as the cause, but could have listed the flu virus instead as that is what finally ended her life stacked on top of the pre-existing comorbidities.
Which one would be most correct?
To us, it really didn't matter what the cause was, she had a very happy fruitful 85 years that was spent with visits to and from family and friends, and she was well prepared to see the end of her life, while the rest of us would have treasured even an extra 6 months of time to share with her.

[Edited on 1-14-2022 by JDCanuck]

gnukid - 1-14-2022 at 08:10 AM

DECIDIRÁN NEGOCIOS DE BC SI SOLICITAN CERTIFICADO DE VACUNACIÓN: COEPRIS

http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/Prensa/Noticia/2635

"COEPRIS pointed out that it will be the owners of the different businesses who decide whether or not to request the vaccination certificate against Covid-19, since the Baja California authorities fully trust in the responsibility of small, medium and large Baja California entrepreneurs."

gnukid - 1-14-2022 at 04:54 PM

NCAA Recognizes Natural Immunity In Latest Guidance, Says Recovered Patients “Fully Vaccinated”

https://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2022/01/12/ncaa-recognizes-...

Purdyd - 1-14-2022 at 06:58 PM

Regarding comorbidity. I guess you mean non covid cases being counted as covid. Ive never bought into the argument that case numbers are false. That’s gnukid’s territory. The biggest changes occur when ICUs are filled to capacity or close to it. That’s when the non covid numbers drop. It’s clear that the medical staff has to prioritize based on the severity of the illness. They are professionals that don’t care if the patient is vaccinated or not.

The CDC director just said this week that at least 75% of ppl with Covid who died had 4 comorbidities.

Actually that was taken out of context.

The reference was of the small number of full vaccinated who have died of Covid, 75% had 4 or more comorbidities.

This does does not refer to the more general deaths of those not fully vaccinated.

You can listen to the whole thing here around 2:30

Cdc head interview

CNN fact check

Quote:
Facts First: Walensky did not say that more than 75% of the people who have died of Covid-19 had four or more comorbidities. "Good Morning America" edited out some of Walensky's comments; the viral 11-second clip was further shortened from the edited footage. The full footage, which Good Morning America released hours after the controversy erupted on Monday, proves that Walensky was speaking specifically about a small number of deaths that were described in a new federal study. That study found that, of a group of 1.2 million people who were fully vaccinated between December 2020 and October 2021, 36 of them had a death associated with Covid-19 -- and that, of these 36 people, 28 of them, or about 78%, had at least four of eight "risk factors" for experiencing a severe outcome from the virus, such as an age of over 65, diabetes and a variety of additional chronic diseases.

[Edited on 1-15-2022 by Purdyd]

gnukid - 1-14-2022 at 08:16 PM

Cannabis compounds stopped COVID virus from infecting human cells in lab study

https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/cannabis-compounds-stop-covid...

Lee - 1-14-2022 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Cannabis compounds stopped COVID virus from infecting human cells in lab study

https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/cannabis-compounds-stop-covid...

Reliable sources confirmed Durban Poison and Willy's Reserve highly recommended. :cool:

gnukid - 1-14-2022 at 08:22 PM

Government Data set show vaccinated are far more likely to become infected with COVID, for example here is recent UK data.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/...

It shows that 72% or nearly three quarters of infections in the recent four-week period were in the vaccinated (65% in the double or triple vaccinated) and only 22% in the unvaccinated.

mjs - 1-14-2022 at 11:25 PM

If 100% of the population was vaccinated then 100% of infections would be in vaccinated people. The vaccines were never claimed to prevent all infections.

You're not very good with numbers are you? Did you even read the report you linked? The numbers clearly show the effectiveness of the vaccines in reducing hospitalizations and mortality.

Purdyd - 1-15-2022 at 06:03 AM

The vaccines were promoted heavily as stopping the spread. Very heavily.

I knew that wasn't the case the day I got the J&J vax in April 2021. That it was for preventing serious illness. I posted a good video (Lib source) on that topic here 4-5 times: https://youtu.be/K3odScka55A

But let's not start some lie saying that for months and months the Biden administration and the MSM didn't promote that a huge benefit of the vaxx was for stopping the spread.

I could post a hundred articles as examples.

Let's not move the goal posts (doing that is what makes ppl distrust the science). The vax is great, but to pretend there wasn't a false narrative spun around it is not being honest.

Washing state data

Quote:
COVID-19 case rates among 35-64 year-old individuals are 4 times higher in the unvaccinated population than in the fully vaccinated population

And this is of January

California is running about the same

Quote:
From December 27, 2021 to January 2, 2022, unvaccinated people were 3.8 times more likely to get COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people.

https://covid19.ca.gov/state-dashboard/#postvax-status

In July 5x less for vaccinated even with delta

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7037e1.htm

So it would appear vaccinations do stop the spread.

As to your video, yes there was a full court press to explain that all vaccines were effective including J&J.

Quote:
With each shot that goes into someone’s arm the closer we get to ending this pandemic.

Ending statement from video

https://youtu.be/K3odScka55A

And yes, the goal posts are changing as the virus has evolved.

And there has been an evolution from stopping the spread to reducing the impact.

We saw that with the discussions on boosters.

JDCanuck - 1-15-2022 at 07:19 AM

I just watched an amazingly informative set of data slides over our local news from our lead health officer here in British Columbia. Chief takeaways were:
1)Delta at less than 5% and shrinking of the present infections remains the strain that causes the vast majority of serious illness and death. Omicron had virtually none.
2) about 50% of the Covid positive patients in hospital were not admitted for Covid symptoms, but were found to be carrying it after admissions for other illnesses and blood tests showed they were Covid carriers.
3) The indications of community Covid in tests from wastewater sampling is already showing a drastic reduction of the virus in the communities tested.
4)The expectation is this wave will show rapid reductions in hospitalizations of people carrying Covid ( a lagging indicator) within 1 to 2 weeks.

Thankfully we have a Scientist leading our responses and she likes to share the data to provide backing for her restrictions and vaccine suggestions, not fear and abuse. This openness has led to exceptionally high acceptance levels for vaccination and community restrictions. Omicron is a very different case than Delta was and she showed how we are following the same path as South Africa, Netherlands and UK in falling Case Fatality Rates.

[Edited on 1-15-2022 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 1-15-2022 at 07:47 AM

Here is the present Science:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_IkJgvgT0

JZ - 1-15-2022 at 09:27 AM

I just watched an amazingly informative set of data slides over our local news from our lead health officer here in British Columbia. Chief takeaways were:
1)Delta at less than 5% and shrinking of the present infections remains the strain that causes the vast majority of serious illness and death. Omicron had virtually none.
2) about 50% of the Covid positive patients in hospital were not admitted for Covid symptoms, but were found to be carrying it after admissions for other illnesses and blood tests showed they were Covid carriers.
3) The indications of community Covid in tests from wastewater sampling is already showing a drastic reduction of the virus in the communities tested.
4)The expectation is this wave will show rapid reductions in hospitalizations of people carrying Covid ( a lagging indicator) within 1 to 2 weeks.

Thankfully we have a Scientist leading our responses and she likes to share the data to provide backing for her restrictions and vaccine suggestions, not fear and abuse. This openness has led to exceptionally high acceptance levels for vaccination and community restrictions. Omicron is a very different case than Delta was and she showed how we are following the same path as South Africa, Netherlands and UK in falling Case Fatality Rates.

She sounds like a good one.

JDCanuck - 1-15-2022 at 10:11 AM

My prediction is Omicron will be the ultimate solution to Covid, regardless of what punitive measures governments apply to force people to do what they want them to.
Hopefully the next crisis gets more support from the populace than this past one did, regardless of what party is in control at the time.

Skipjack Joe - 1-15-2022 at 10:18 AM

Many such stories. You guys are way of base with this natural immunity bullchit.

"I am not trying to be an alarmist, but we are in a true crisis," he wrote. "The global medical community must band together to find answers for those suffering. They are all Heidi and they are running out of time and hope."

https://www.today.com/health/health/death-man-writes-essay-wifes-struggle-long-covid-19-rcna12064?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR31uE9hBeOKYsHd-xw qsWnUc9sRRbgHM3sIMjlDLm_HvLsLCen2xUk2GmI

100X - 1-15-2022 at 10:23 AM

"My prediction is Omicron will be the ultimate solution to Covid...."

I hope (and also for the most part believe) you are correct.

"Hopefully the next crisis gets more support from the populace than this past one did, regardless of what party is in control at the time."

Yes, this marginal support was spread across two dissimilar administrations. I wish I was more hopeful on this second thought, but believe there is too much "opportunity" in any crisis for either party to not try to make political gain from it.

100X - 1-15-2022 at 10:28 AM

Funny to me how alarmist some are today about Covid, but pretty much shrug their shoulders that an actual tsunami warning was issued for the west coast.

100X - 1-15-2022 at 10:30 AM

Only natural immunity will end this (given the lack of a truly effective vaccine).

JDCanuck - 1-15-2022 at 11:07 AM

Skipjack: I read that story and am in full agreement. The medical community continued and has found multiple treatments for those suffering after they contracted Covid. Remdesivir, Monoclonal Antibodies, a mixture of c-cktails were all presented as effective treatments at various times, yet for mainly political reasons they were forcefully opposed and whoever presented them called a liar by opposing factions. Why do we continue to do this?

100X - 1-15-2022 at 11:08 AM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ice-ramps-up-vaccination-of-imm...

BornFisher - 1-15-2022 at 11:20 AM

So how about an "Operation Warp Speed" for therapeutics? :light:

JZ - 1-15-2022 at 01:21 PM

You Canucks better start stocking up on food and supplies.

[Edited on 1-15-2022 by JZ]

JZ - 1-15-2022 at 01:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
So how about an "Operation Warp Speed" for therapeutics? :light:

No kidding. Totally ignoring therapeutics was/is a huge blunder. The fact that the complicit press isn't calling them out on it is an American tragedy. Just because you are heavily pushing vaccines doesn't mean you should drop everything else. The country needs every tool possible to fight this.

JZ - 1-15-2022 at 01:32 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ice-ramps-up-vaccination-of-imm...

People can illegally enter our country unvaccinated. But US citizens can't work.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Purdyd - 1-15-2022 at 04:19 PM

In the United States, there is a Covid briefing each week.

Latest

https://youtu.be/t043ptThBJM

Increase in testing for schools

Committed to keeping schools open

CDC Dr. Walensky, omicron compared to delta

53% reduction in symptomatic hospitalizations
73% reduction in icu

91% reduction in mortality

1.5 days in hospital versus 5 days.

I believe this is the study she references from Kaiser Southern California

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.01.11.22269045v...

Dr. Fauci discusses current and future therapeutics.

The recently released Covid Anita viral drugs were fast tracked.

There is a stockpile of 750 million n95 masks and they are working to expand sources.

Cdc continues to recommend a well fitting mask.

Dr. Walensky believes the week to week increase in Covid deaths is from delta

On another front separate news

Quote:
Wastewater was a canary in the COVID-19 coal mine for Bay Area health officials. Over a month ago they pointed to sharply rising virus levels detected in the sewer system as a harbinger of the omicron-fueled case surge.

Good news: Wastewater tests now show virus levels starting to subside.

Along with modeling at the University of Washington that has proven to be spot-on about the pandemic’s trajectory, and experiences in other states and countries, it suggests the omicron wave is cresting and about to come down in Northern California and across the country. It’s an encouraging sign for a public quite weary of the virus and all the restrictions it brings to their daily lives.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/14/covid-there-are-signs...

It would appear that the United States is or soon will start declining.

The university of Washington model says the USA has already peaked as well as baja sur

https://covid19.healthdata.org/mexico/baja-california-sur?vi...

Purdyd - 1-15-2022 at 04:43 PM

Here is another evaluation of the UK data set, concluding that Vaxxed are far more likely to become infected at this point by a huge margin, while unvaxxed infection rate is stagnant or reducing.

Table 13 from the uk data below does show a gross rate of unvaccinated having lower case rate. It also shows vaccinated are much less likely to go to the hospital, icu, or die.

And note the footnotes in the uk data.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/...

Quote:
Table 13. Unadjusted rates of COVID-19 infection, hospitalisation and death in vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.
Please note that the following table should be read in conjunction with pages 34 to 37 of this report, and the footnotes provided on page 42.

Quote:
1 Comparing case rates among vaccinated and unvaccinated populations should not be used to estimate vaccine effectiveness against COVID-19 infection. Vaccine effectiveness has been formally estimated from a number of different sources and is summarised on pages 5 to 17 in this report.
The rates are calculated per 100,000 in people who have received either 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or in people who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine. These figures are updated each week as the number of unvaccinated individuals and individuals vaccinated with 2 doses in the population changes.
The case rates in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations are unadjusted crude rates that do not take into account underlying statistical biases in the data and there are likely to be systematic differences between these 2 population groups. For example:
• people who are fully vaccinated may be more health conscious and therefore more likely to get tested for COVID-19 and so more likely to be identified as a case (based on the data provided by the NHS Test and Trace)
• many of those who were at the head of the queue for vaccination are those at higher risk from COVID-19 due to their age, their occupation, their family circumstances or because of underlying health issues
• people who are fully vaccinated and people who are unvaccinated may behave differently, particularly with regard to social interactions and therefore may have differing levels of exposure to COVID-19
• people who have never been vaccinated are more likely to have caught COVID-19 in the weeks or months before the period of the cases covered in the report. This gives them some natural immunity to
the virus for a few months which may have contributed to a lower case rate in the past few weeks
2 Case rates are calculated using NIMS - a database of named individuals from which the numerator and the denominator come from the same source and there is a record of each individuals vaccination status. Further information on the use of NIMS as the source of denominator data is presented on page 36 of this report.
Unadjusted case rates among persons vaccinated have been formatted in grey to further emphasise the caution to be employed when interpreting these data.

Skipjack Joe - 1-15-2022 at 08:08 PM

Skipjack: I read that story and am in full agreement. The medical community continued and has found multiple treatments for those suffering after they contracted Covid. Remdesivir, Monoclonal Antibodies, a mixture of c-cktails were all presented as effective treatments at various times, yet for mainly political reasons they were forcefully opposed and whoever presented them called a liar by opposing factions. Why do we continue to do this?

What makes you think those were political reasons? What does one party have to gain if these meds are used or not used? As I recall the CDC wanted to fully test these meds and give their blessing on how much they helped or didn't help. Specifically for covid. None of these meds were designed or created for covid. Therefore any benefit from them was happenstance and needed to be fully researched with real numbers being provided that everyone could actually trust. I know you've been pushing their usage here for several months and I feel neutral about it. They seem to help but until my physician tells me to use it I won't listen to advice from someone on the internet. And btw, that article makes no mention of the meds you refer to.

JZ - 1-15-2022 at 08:43 PM

What makes you think those were political reasons? What does one party have to gain if these meds are used or not used? As I recall the CDC wanted to fully test these meds and give their blessing on how much they helped or didn't help. Specifically for covid. None of these meds were designed or created for covid. Therefore any benefit from them was happenstance and needed to be fully researched with real numbers being provided that everyone could actually trust. I know you've been pushing their usage here for several months and I feel neutral about it. They seem to help but until my physician tells me to use it I won't listen to advice from someone on the internet. And btw, that article makes no mention of the meds you refer to.

Don't kid yourself. It's political.

JDCanuck - 1-15-2022 at 08:56 PM

Yes, the FDA tested and approved them and they were later recommended by the present administration. The article you referenced was talking about a time prior to the FDA approvals of all of the mentioned treatments and talked about the lack of treatments available. The Monoclonal Antibodies for instance have been referenced on this site multiple times (Regeneron is one) and the political based opposition to them posted repeatedly. Florida was one of the first states to provide separate infusion sites free of charge for those who contracted the Delta strain and it proved very effective in reducing symptoms and preventing ICU occupancy and death.

Here is the FDA report on Regeneron:
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-a...

And here is an old article about its use in Florida:
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/19/what-is-regeneron-mono...

[Edited on 1-16-2022 by JDCanuck]

Skipjack Joe - 1-16-2022 at 12:05 AM

Yes, the FDA tested and approved them and they were later recommended by the present administration. The article you referenced was talking about a time prior to the FDA approvals of all of the mentioned treatments and talked about the lack of treatments available. The Monoclonal Antibodies for instance have been referenced on this site multiple times (Regeneron is one) and the political based opposition to them posted repeatedly. Florida was one of the first states to provide separate infusion sites free of charge for those who contracted the Delta strain and it proved very effective in reducing symptoms and preventing ICU occupancy and death.

Here is the FDA report on Regeneron:
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-a...

And here is an old article about its use in Florida:
https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/19/what-is-regeneron-mono...

Both of your articles state that the FDA recommends using the vaccine. Regeneron should be used only when you've contracted the covid without the vaccine or have immunocompromised systems. So, in effect, it's for the antivaxers. I already wrote that getting covid and treating it with these or any other meds is much harder on the system (and expensive) than a recovery with a vaccine.

JDCanuck - 1-16-2022 at 06:36 AM

Yes Skipjack: Thats why I chose those two articles to post about treatments developed in response to your article about there being no treatments. Both state it is not an alternative but for use with 62 percent efficacy if you have Covid despite being vaccinated and at severe risk of extreme effects or death. Delta especially began showing a large number of breakthroughs in fully vaccinated people and this is why it proved so effective in saving lives and reducing ICU use where it was used in the peak of the Delta wave. I don't see anyplace where it stated it was only to be used by unvaccinated people.

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 06:52 AM

Interesting that in USA there are no recommended prophylactic protocols commonly discussed to reduce infection and few protocols for treatment, while in other countries there is broad success with diet, nutrition, broad vitamin supplements, in particular vitamin D and Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B, Vitamin C Ascorbic C, Selenium chelated etc.

Swishing in your mouth diluted Hydrogen Peroxide, Nebulizing with Saline, etc.

There are antiviral treatments for influenza type infections, such as Oseltamivir, and success with Ivermectin, Hydroxchlorine, Quercetin, Antihistamines, and anti-inflamatories, and these are commonly prescribed and available and inexpensive.

Yet in USA, Doctors are persecuted if they offer these prevention and treatment protocols, just as NOB Nomads chorus here?

JDCanuck - 1-16-2022 at 07:25 AM

Hi Jz: Yeah, we already have extremely high inflation and food shortages without this. This particular decision and preceding ones that had the effect of limiting supplies and treatments in the middle of pre-existing shortages is not a popular one. Especially when we already have this strain broadly distributed among the general population and is showing early signs of being past peak and declining. Lots of push back from everyone involved on this decision.

Purdyd - 1-16-2022 at 08:06 AM

To say there has not been a push to develop treatments through repurposing current approved deugs or develop new ones would be incorrect.

The current advice in treatments is at

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/

Again I refer you to the recent presentation from the Covid task force where Dr. Fauci gave a decent overview of therapy

Starts around 10:25

https://youtu.be/t043ptThBJM

There is guidance in use of therapies when supply is constrained, and it does involve giving in some cases priority to non vaccinated as they are at greater risk.

There are existing approved therapies and more coming that are in late stage trials.

I think the emphasis has definitely been on prevention.

That is very logical. It’s an approach that works in a lot of things from automobiles to humans.

JDCanuck - 1-16-2022 at 08:23 AM

Purdyd: Thanks for those posts. It's really difficult to stay current on effective treatments when the nature of the new strains keeps changing. Omicron was an entirely new situation from the devastating waves Delta created. Our province, where over 95% of 65 and older people have been vaccinated continues to show the highest fatalities in that same age group, so treatments are becoming even more important. Whatever treatments they are presently using against Omicron appear to be extremely effective as our ICU occupancy for those admitted for Covid continues to decline as patients get shifted to beds and then discharged at shorter and shorter periods.

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 08:25 AM

Recently, CDC, FDA and Fauci, and previously the PCR RT inventor Cary Mullis, clearly explained, that the primary test used to promote pandemic case numbers, the PCR RT test, can not determine actual infection, can not discern between living and dead material, and can not be used to differentiate type of of influenza infection, which prompted them to withdraw PCR RT EUA and STOP USING PCR RT for COVID TEST.

COVID Tests don't do what you think, Fauci Explains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAICMQ1D5F8

FDA Withdraws EUA for PCR RT
https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert...

There is no such thing as asymptomatic infection...

CDC's Walensky says the PCR RT tests are not accurate and rapid Antigen tests are not reliable either for a variety of reasons, one of which is mutations develop faster than the test can be developed and produced and don't tell you if you are infectious.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=8...

This information has been shared here on BN, about faulty tests driving policy from day one, yet removed by the admin. Now Fauci and Walensky clearly state testing is not reliable and withdrew PCR RT EUA, since it is useless, as well as EUA for many ANTIGEN tests, basically, only the most recently produced ANTIGEN test, meaning within days of identification of strains, could possibly be informative in anyway, which is impossible to chase a strain, produce a test, yet, some Nomads continue to quote the inaccurate historical case numbers and attribution to death with Covid, falsely?

Some people are arrogant, ignorant or stubborn, and they are unable to admit they have been misled and can not accept data used to drive lockdowns, isolation, toxic hand washing and face masks, is intentionally inaccurate.

Data integrity, or data accuracy is always an issue and always should always be considered, in terms of % of error as a factor in decision making.

This faulty testing issue explains why there is no more influenza, basically COVID and Influenza are interchangeable, and explains why deaths were falsely attributed to COVID when they were not from COVID, the patients had easily identifiable comorbidities.

Even people hit by a bus, or in car accidents, or intentional self harm (suicide) were labeled as attributed to COVID, which was incentivized through Medicare Payments for diagnosis and intubation.

Nurse working on coronavirus frontline in New York claims the city is 'murdering' COVID-19 patients by putting them on ventilators and causing trauma to the lungs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8262351/Nurse-New-Y...

CDC director acknowledges hospitals have a monetary incentive to overcount coronavirus deaths
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cdc-director-acknowl...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/31/cdc-chief-agre...

Recall admission of exaggeration of cases and deaths due to attribution from only suspicion, due to loose, broadening of guidelines and testing issues has been admitted and reiterated by Dr Birx and many others in CDC repeatedly.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/08/dr_birx_u...

It strikes me as odd, that Nomads cling to the idea of exaggerated mortality from COVID, while it is public record this is an intentional error?

[Edited on 1-17-2022 by gnukid]

JDCanuck - 1-16-2022 at 09:22 AM

I came across this rather shocking dataset while researching the trends in cause of deaths overall in our province year to year sourced from our local CDC. Top 15 causes tab gives increased info.
https://bccdc.shinyapps.io/Mortality_Context_ShinyApp/

Skipjack Joe - 1-16-2022 at 09:52 AM

Yes Skipjack: Thats why I chose those two articles to post about treatments developed in response to your article about there being no treatments. Both state it is not an alternative but for use with 62 percent efficacy if you have Covid despite being vaccinated and at severe risk of extreme effects or death. Delta especially began showing a large number of breakthroughs in fully vaccinated people and this is why it proved so effective in saving lives and reducing ICU use where it was used in the peak of the Delta wave. I don't see anyplace where it stated it was only to be used by unvaccinated people.

Hmmm. As I recall the FDA recommends using these drugs in the early stages or for moderately affected patients for their greatest benefit. They don't work so well for the severely ill. I don't know, JD. Every time I read anything you write in response to my comments seems off from what I said. For example, I never said your article stated these meds were for antivaxers. Why do you misquote me?

JDCanuck - 1-16-2022 at 09:59 AM

Hi Skipjack: Yes I may have misread this one from you:

"Both of your articles state that the FDA recommends using the vaccine. Regeneron should be used only when you've contracted the covid without the vaccine or have immunocompromised systems. So, in effect, it's for the antivaxers. I already wrote that getting covid and treating it with these or any other meds is much harder on the system (and expensive) than a recovery with a vaccine.
"
My apologies

100X - 1-16-2022 at 12:37 PM

Omicron comes along and saves the day, so the politicians then jump in and try to take the credit...

surfhat - 1-16-2022 at 01:03 PM

For the life of me, I cannot understand the few who promote any anti-vax regimens.

What could be their impetus?

Especially when they are fully vaccinated themselves.

Hypocrisy runs rampant, unless I am missing something.

While we all may have somewhat survived with Omicron, one thing is for sure. It will not be the last covid mutation to come our way.

Where in the history of this pandemic do you want to be known for?

Deniers be damned.

I will stand for this position for all my days that I am allowed by the powers of my gene pool and my actions to protect others first and myself second.

Social media has a responsibility that is being discounted to all of us survivors.

I wish nothing but the same for all, even the deniers out there that have an unexplainable compulsion to attempt to influence others to deny the truth of the effectiveness of the MRNA vaccines.

Nothing will deter these .......pos!!! That most of these deniers turn out to be fully vaccinated themselves, should disqualify them from having a voice on this forum on this specific topic.

I can dream. Hope springs eternal and always will.

JZ - 1-16-2022 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
For the life of me, I cannot understand the few who promote any anti-vax regimens.

What could be their impetus?

Especially when they are fully vaccinated themselves.

Hypocrisy runs rampant, unless I am missing something.

While we all may have somewhat survived with Omicron, one thing is for sure. It will not be the last covid mutation to come our way.

Where in the history of this pandemic do you want to be known for?

Deniers be damned.

I will stand for this position for all my days that I am allowed by the powers of my gene pool and my actions to protect others first and myself second.

Social media has a responsibility that is being discounted to all of us survivors.

I wish nothing but the same for all, even the deniers out there that have an unexplainable compulsion to attempt to influence others to deny the truth of the effectiveness of the MRNA vaccines.

Nothing will deter these .......pos!!! That most of these deniers turn out to be fully vaccinated themselves, should disqualify them from having a voice on this forum on this specific topic.

I can dream. Hope springs eternal and always will.

Don't confuse anti-vax and anti-mandate. Or even ppl who don't want to take the vaxx with anti-vaxxers.

Only 17% of kids 5-11 are vaccinated. Are all those parents anti-vax?

It's nuanced, and shouldn't be treated with a broad brush as many are.

Very few ppl are truly anti-vax (I think only 1 person on BN is). The media and others have spun and exaggerated this anti-vaxxer narrative to divide America. It's exact what Goat does here.

[Edited on 1-16-2022 by JZ]

Cancamo - 1-16-2022 at 04:17 PM

In interest of the original post, what is the protocol if arriving passengers are tested positive? I don't see them requiring a quarantined stay in a designated location like say, Australia, Canada, or other countries.

Not set up for that here, although they do, as a whole, treat this thing seriously. Just about everybody knows someone whom has died from Covid, mainly before vaccines were widely available. Hospitals are at 65% capacity currently, and BCS in orange level, no groups more than 50 people, etc....

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 05:37 PM

There is no test for arriving passengers to Mexico? There is only a test for departing airline passengers depending on destination outside the country, for example, to USA? The departure test can be redone repeatedly continuously until you get a negative up to 5 days before departure.

Many different tests exist, USA will send you for free multiple Home Antigen tests after Jan 19th, or you can buy AntiGen in advance at Walmart, because PCR RT is no longer a valid test, while AntiGen is also unreliable, but that is not the point of the test for air travel.

Home Antigen tests must be done with online verification, you need to have online access while you take it? Or instead test at the airport, or at a unique site at your local destination up to 5 days prior. It's an arbritrary test, the results are based on the method not on presence of infection or viral load, therefore, travelers tests stations are almost always negative and people who go to doctors to be tested to ask if they are infected are almost always positive due to incentivization.

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 06:28 PM

The fact that the current Moderna and Pfizer etc. vaccines do not stop infection or transmission of current dominant strain Omicron, (nor other strains for that matter) makes current mRNA Vaccine products against these Corona Influenza type infections non-starters, today. Not only do they not reduce infection and transmission they seem to increase risk according to current hospital data.

Not only vaccines, but common cloth face mask have no affect on particle size of dead viral expectorants, so face masks are useless as Fauci also confirmed this week.

Why are Fauci et al running so hard to back track on these issues now? Could it be fthey ear of pending mass class action lawsuits that place a high price on intentional negligent fraud to cause significant harm and death?

Cancamo - 1-16-2022 at 07:15 PM

There is no test for arriving passengers to Mexico?

Mr Kid, I was referring to the opening post on this thread by Paul, (read it again), confirmed by other local press releases that a small percentage of arrivals at SJD would be tested in an effort to head off omicron.
Not sure they have implemented it, it's too late anyway.

Not sure why I even responded to you either.

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 07:23 PM

Testing for arrivals is "voluntary opportunity", likely quite rare. It will likely be hard to complete this process prior to departing the airport and not in the transit area, it's unclear what or how it is to be used? I'm sure if you want, you can make your way to the testing area and pay for a test and declare you just arrived but they is no determined outcome as yet. I'm sure you can find someone to pay to test you and then charge you for quarantine.

P.S. I shared news reports that these arrival tests are voluntary only, but those posts were deleted by the admin. I'm not sure why...

I did a quick search, in response to your inquiry, here are two news stories that arrival covid testing is voluntary-not much else, except that its only for those who declare presentation of symptoms and volunteer for testing.

Nueva dinámica de pruebas de COVID-19 en el aeropuerto por la variante ómicron
El Departamento de Salud hará pruebas, de manera voluntaria y aleatoria, ante el avance de esta variante del coronavirus.
https://www.primerahora.com/noticias/puerto-rico/videos/nuev...

Same for Cruise ship arrivals

Será voluntario protocolos contra COVID-19 en cruceros
https://ahoranoticias.com.mx/sera-voluntario-protocolos-cont...

Que pruebas COVID no sean para todos en BCS; solo para quienes tengan síntomas: Salud
https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/que-pruebas-covid-no-sean-para-to...

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 07:57 PM

There was an alternative news story I shared, (also deleted by admin) that Baja California, not Baja California Sur, initiated a recommendation to businesses to work together to voluntarily ask customers for either negative test within 5 days or Covid Vaccination card for service. There are no reports this is actually happening.

The only linked news story relevant left in this thread, not deleted by the admin, is this one noting BC restaurants out to ask customers for vaccination proof, or negative test within 5 days.
https://www.sandiegored.com/es/noticias/217093/Restaurantes-...

gnukid - 1-16-2022 at 08:20 PM

I found the original story on Yahoo. Note it refers to Baja California, not Baja California Sur which is the southern state.

These Mexico Destinations Will Require Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test to Enter Bars, Restaurants, and More
https://sports.yahoo.com/mexico-destinations-require-proof-v...

"However, Baja California stopped short of mandating the policy, noting showing proof of vaccination would be at the discretion of individual business owners."

Here is the official GOB announcement

DECIDIRÁN NEGOCIOS DE BC SI SOLICITAN CERTIFICADO DE VACUNACIÓN: COEPRIS
http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/Prensa/Noticia/2635

It would be helpful if the admin would stop deleting important linked articles because it is very unhelpful to readers who would like to read the sourced articles.

Note: These voluntary testing or proof of vaccination in Mexico initiatives came before Supreme Court knocked down Biden's Vaccine mandates for all except health care, which will certainly fall as well. Mexico tends toward reciprocal behavior and likely was parroting the vaccine or test mandate push, but now that has all changed dramatically.

bajaben - 1-17-2022 at 05:08 PM

The end of the pandemic is in sight for Britain, the World Health Organisation’s Covid chief has suggested after cases fell by more than a third in a week.

Oh yeah will it just disappear in the Spring with the warmer weather like it did in 2020??? There have been two deadly variants within 6 months. If anything I would say there will be another mutation due to Omicron being so highly contagious and the extremely high number of cases that it has wrought on the world. Just because you've had enough of Covid 19 doesn't mean it's finished with you.

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by bajaben]

Skipjack Joe - 1-17-2022 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaben  

The end of the pandemic is in sight for Britain, the World Health Organisation’s Covid chief has suggested after cases fell by more than a third in a week.

Oh yeah will it will just disappear in the Spring with the warmer weather like it did in 2020??? There have been two deadly variants within 6 months. If anything I would say there will be another mutation due to Omicron being so highly contagious and the extremely high number of cases that it has wrought on the world. Just because you've had enough of Covid 19 doesn't mean it's finished with you.

X2

JZ - 1-17-2022 at 06:12 PM

Oh yeah will it will just disappear in the Spring with the warmer weather like it did in 2020??? There have been two deadly variants within 6 months. If anything I would say there will be another mutation due to Omicron being so highly contagious and the extremely high number of cases that it has wrought on the world. Just because you've had enough of Covid 19 doesn't mean it's finished with you.

A lot of experts disagree with you. The leading experts. Not fringe ones that Gnukid would quote.

As a somewhat related note. Australia has been one of the most locked downed nations in the world. They have totally changed course and have moved from trying to eradicate Covid, to living with Covid.

Bajaboy - 1-17-2022 at 06:51 PM

Schools started back up in BCS...distance learning for January and February. Not a lot of Karens here complaining about it. Most think it's a good idea.

Most people I know are vaccinated and wear a mask. And very few tell me about doing their own research either....:light:

gnukid - 1-17-2022 at 07:38 PM

A lot of experts disagree with you. The leading experts. Not fringe ones that Gnukid would quote.

What "fringe" experts did I quote that you disagree with and show the data to disprove? Its much easier to share data than project insults and attacks at someone you disagree with?

Fauci, CDC, FDA? Be specific which link you don't like and why, instead of making personal attacks that are unsubstantiated without any reference to data fallacy and noted correction?

You have the opportunity to present any data, make your point, support it, without making personal attacks versus discussing the issues, the topic, the facts?

JDCanuck - 1-17-2022 at 08:22 PM

You could be very right and the Science wrong...but I'm betting on the Scientists' statements being the more likely scenario.

This is the UK data that leads to those Scientists' predictions:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/17312623/97-per-cent-brits-h...
covid-antibodies/

Quote: "In England, 97.5 per cent of adults have Covid-busting antibodies from getting jabbed or catching the virus, they estimate.

In Wales, the figure is 96.8 per cent, in Scotland it is 97.7 per cent and in Northern Ireland it is 97.4 per cent.

The figures were calculated using blood tests up to December 23.

The NHS’s bumper booster rollout" (90 percent of over age 60 boosted) "and high case rates through the summer and autumn mean almost every person in the UK has now been vaccinated or infected.

And these antibodies – which seek and destroy the virus if it gets into the body – is helping to stave off an Omicron crisis.

They don’t prevent infections but stop most people from getting seriously ill or dying."

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by JDCanuck]

[Edited on 1-19-2022 by JDCanuck]

mtgoat666 - 1-17-2022 at 09:18 PM

Have you looked at the charts? Omicron is just one of several peaks on chart over 2 years. Nothing says omicron is last peak in the time continuum…

Just because current peak is ending does not mean there won’t be another peak in your future.

[Edited on 1-19-2022 by BajaNomad]

JZ - 1-17-2022 at 09:29 PM

Imagine that, Goat and others are no longer listening to the scientists or following the science.

They are just warming up their pom-poms to cheer the virus on.

JDCanuck - 1-17-2022 at 09:42 PM

Hi MTGoat: Yes, I looked at all the charts, including rapid creation and the global distribution of the Operation Warpspeed Vaccines, the emergence of this very easily spread but milder variant, the combined build of antibodies in various countries, and how those events combined have led to this drastic decrease in Case fatality rates:

https://ourworldindata.org/mortality-risk-covid

JDCanuck - 1-17-2022 at 09:56 PM

I am looking forward to the time that the leaders of countries producing the Operation Warpspeed Vaccines finally follow what WHO has been saying constantly and begin sharing those vaccines with the countries that can't obtain them because of hoarding until they expire and are wasted uselessly.

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by JDCanuck]

JDCanuck - 1-17-2022 at 10:29 PM

This is what Doctors Without Borders were saying just before Omicron hit:

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/what-we-do/news-storie...

China responds:
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-01-17/China-to-provide-anoth...

Skipjack Joe - 1-18-2022 at 01:30 AM

Interesting trend here. Those that poohpoohed the virus from the beginning, the antivaxers, those that refused to wear masks and even ridiculed Fauci for requesting that we wear them, those that insisted that the economy was more important than vanquishing the pandemic. Those people are now declaring that the pandemic is over. Should we be surprised?

Ateo - 1-18-2022 at 08:37 AM

I heard someone say “We will know the pandemic is over when we fear a positive test result more than the actual illness”.

Not sure I completely agree but as a triple vaccinated 40 year old I no longer seriously fear dying from this virus. It could happen but that’s rare.

Meanwhile, I, like many of you living in the United States, have seen around 50% (bad estimate!) of everybody I know recently get Omicron and the results are no different than a little cold. Life goes on with no repercussions. That’s good. But I know others aren’t so lucky if they’re unvaccinated or older or have co-morbidities, which I why I still try to keep my distance from others and still wear a mask.

pauldavidmena - 1-18-2022 at 09:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  

Last I'd checked, there wasn't a requirement - although it seems like a good idea. My wife and I will be taking rapid tests a few days before our departure to make sure we're not positive before boarding a plane from Boston to Los Cabos.

Purdyd - 1-18-2022 at 10:43 AM

This is what Doctors Without Borders were saying just before Omicron hit:

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/what-we-do/news-storie...

China responds:
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-01-17/China-to-provide-anoth...

https://it.usembassy.gov/u-s-covid-19-vaccine-donations-span...

Quote:
President Biden said America would be the world’s “arsenal of vaccines” and pledged to donate more than 1.2 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to other countries.

“We know how to beat this pandemic: vaccines, public health measures, and collective action,” Biden said at a global COVID-19 summit September 22. A second summit is planned for early 2022.

(State Dept./B. Insley)
U.S. vaccine donations come with no political strings attached. Most are delivered through COVAX, the international partnership dedicated to equitably distributing COVID-19 vaccine doses.

Since March 2020, the United States has provided more than $19.6 billion worldwide to produce and deliver vaccines, strengthen supply chains and spur global economic recovery. The funding includes a $4 billion U.S. contribution to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance in support of COVAX.

“The majority of vaccines donated to COVAX so far have been donated by the United States,” World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said December 6.

JDCanuck - 1-18-2022 at 11:23 AM

Hi PurdyD: Thanks for that response. Good to see these pledges as this is presently where the battle to win influence in Africa is being fought. China as usual likes to point to their commitment to the wellbeing of Africa and any lacking from G7 countries to do likewise comes at a significant cost.

mtgoat666 - 1-18-2022 at 01:15 PM

Jizzy:
Oklahoma City ICU beds all full today. I know you don’t care about the elderly dieing of covid, but now that ICU beds are full, the young trauma victims will be told that there is no room at the inn! Even middle age cardiac patients like you will be told to pound sand, go somewhere else!

mtgoat666 - 1-18-2022 at 01:24 PM

Free stuff!
Ain’t socialism great!
Free at-home covid tests! Even MAGA anti-science people are eligible!
https://www.covidtests.gov/
Even oldkid is eligible for free tests!

100X - 1-18-2022 at 03:57 PM

Sr. Goat:
"Ain’t socialism great!"

I can't tell if you mean this or are being sarcastic (your signature is similar). Part of me thinks you just like to elicit discussion, as I sometimes do.

I am pretty curious though, but understand if you prefer to stay mysterious!

Purdyd - 1-18-2022 at 04:23 PM

Hi PurdyD: Thanks for that response. Good to see these pledges as this is presently where the battle to win influence in Africa is being fought. China as usual likes to point to their commitment to the wellbeing of Africa and any lacking from G7 countries to do likewise comes at a significant cost.

As far as I can tell from here,

China has done almost nothing to donate money or vaccine to the covax initiative

Canada has done more.

https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/access-to-covid-19-t...

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/2022010...

[Edited on 1-18-2022 by Purdyd]

Lee - 1-18-2022 at 07:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Quote: Originally posted by Cancamo  

Last I'd checked, there wasn't a requirement - although it seems like a good idea. My wife and I will be taking rapid tests a few days before our departure to make sure we're not positive before boarding a plane from Boston to Los Cabos.

ck u2u

gnukid - 1-21-2022 at 10:19 AM

CDC update Natural Immunity was superior to vaccination during Delta

"Importantly, infection-derived protection was greater after the highly transmissible Delta variant became predominant, coinciding with early declining of vaccine-induced immunity in many persons (5)."

COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations by COVID-19 Vaccination Status and Previous COVID-19 Diagnosis — California and New York, May–November 2021

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e1.htm?s_cid=mm...

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/pdfs/mm7104e1-H.pdf

[Edited on 1-21-2022 by gnukid]

gnukid - 1-21-2022 at 10:34 AM

England is about to drop virtually all anti-COVID restrictions
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uk-covid-restrictions-cases-bor...

Plan B: All restrictions to end, Boris Johnson...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkx9OB2N7AQ

Starbucks ends its vaccine mandate for employees in wake of Supreme Court ruling
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/starbucks-ends-its-vacc...

Britain Ends All COVID Passports, Mask Mandates, Work Restrictions
https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/covid-lockdown-va...

Why is the UK scrapping its Covid rules just as Biden doubles down on masks drive and vaccine mandates? Psaki refuses to say when America might be free again
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10424099/UK-scraps-...

100X - 1-22-2022 at 09:27 AM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/dhs-requires-non-us-tr...

gnukid - 1-22-2022 at 05:08 PM

There is no vax or test requirement to visit Baja

mtgoat666 - 1-22-2022 at 10:27 PM

Meatloaf died this week. Died of covid. He was ant-vax, anti-mask. Live and learn.

gnukid - 1-23-2022 at 07:14 AM

Therapies to Prevent Progression of COVID-19, Including Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, Zinc, and Vitamin D3 With or Without Intravenous Vitamin C: An International, Multicenter, Randomized Trial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC8712288/

Conclusions
In summary, our study found vitamin D deficiency to be a high-risk factor for severe COVID-19 disease and hospitalization, with 97% of our study’s patient cohort being vitamin D deficient, of which 55% were severely vitamin D deficient, and none had optimal levels. In addition, vitamin D levels were significantly correlated to ICU admission and longer hospital stay.

Furthermore, our study contributes to the evidence of HCQ, AZM, and zinc with or without IV vitamin C being safe and effective in the treatment of COVID-19, with IV vitamin C contributing to a significantly quicker recovery.

Future research based on the findings in stage 1 of our trial in line with the international literature of the importance of adequate vitamin D levels to immune function and recovery are encouraged to adapt the protocol for the next stage of the trial by adding a high-dose vitamin D3 to all enrolled patients.

pauldavidmena - 1-23-2022 at 07:58 AM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/dhs-requires-non-us-tr...

I feel better flying from Boston to Cabo next week knowing that my fellow travelers need to show proof of vaccination.

On a somewhat related note, I wonder how early I need to be at the airport for a 6AM flight?

pacificobob - 1-23-2022 at 08:27 AM

Therapies to Prevent Progression of COVID-19, Including Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, Zinc, and Vitamin D3 With or Without Intravenous Vitamin C: An International, Multicenter, Randomized Trial

Conclusions
In summary, our study found vitamin D deficiency to be a high-risk factor for severe COVID-19 disease and hospitalization, with 97% of our study’s patient cohort being vitamin D deficient, of which 55% were severely vitamin D deficient, and none had optimal levels. In addition, vitamin D levels were significantly correlated to ICU admission and longer hospital stay.

Furthermore, our study contributes to the evidence of HCQ, AZM, and zinc with or without IV vitamin C being safe and effective in the treatment of COVID-19, with IV vitamin C contributing to a significantly quicker recovery.

Future research based on the findings in stage 1 of our trial in line with the international literature of the importance of adequate vitamin D levels to immune function and recovery are encouraged to adapt the protocol for the next stage of the trial by adding a high-dose vitamin D3 to all enrolled patients.

CROWD SOURCED RESEARCH???? REALLY?
Cureus
Cureus, also known as the Cureus Journal of Medical Science, is an open access general medical journal known for its use of crowdsourcing in its peer-review process .

mtgoat666 - 1-23-2022 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Conclusions

CROWD SOURCED RESEARCH???? REALLY?
Cureus
Cureus, also known as the Cureus Journal of Medical Science, is an open access general medical journal known for its use of crowdsourcing in its peer-review process .

It’s not even peer reviewed. They publish it w/o review, then let the internet crazies (e.g. oldkid) review it.

100X - 1-23-2022 at 09:06 AM

Am I going crazy or did I have a post removed from this thread?

I believe at least one other was removed and another post might have been modified but does not note that a modification was done.

Is this a common occurrence?

How do I find out why it was removed?

Tioloco - 1-23-2022 at 09:42 AM

I believe at least one other was removed and another post might have been modified but does not note that a modification was done.

Yes, you and JZ got your responses removed. MtGoat can insult and be a pig.
That is why many have abandoned this site.

100X - 1-23-2022 at 10:00 AM

Well, for the record it did not insult anyone or call any names. I did not curse or even use a modified curse word. It did not even take one side or the other, and finally my post concluded that there was a vein of agreement between the Goat and JZ.

So even constructive posts are removed?

I would welcome the moderator's comments on how my post violated the forum's rules.

100X - 1-23-2022 at 10:01 AM

Unless I receive an explanation from the moderator, I, too, will leave this forum.

AKgringo - 1-23-2022 at 10:19 AM

I have seen posts disappear before (including a couple of mine) that I did not think were controversial, or even off topic. The pattern seems to me to be limited to consecutive posts, from one point.

I know nothing about how servers work, but my guess is that some sort of hic-up caused the content to re-boot without saving the most recent entries, but that is just me guessing. :?:

pauldavidmena - 1-23-2022 at 10:50 AM

You could very well be going crazy, but that's not important now.

Seriously, your post could have been the casualty of being part of a thread that was deleted without cherry-picking inoffensive content. I've commented on a topic that was removed wholesale, all of my comments with it. I didn't receive an explanation, but I chalked it up to being on the wrong topic at the wrong time.

One could very reasonably ask why so many of gnukid's poorly sourced outpourings of misinformation remain untouched. I've learned to scroll past them, as well as the inevitable spats between JZ and the Goat. The signal-to-noise ratio on this forum frankly varies over time, as well as the time Doug has to cull questionable content. If I'm looking for useful information, I have to bring my aquarium net to a proverbial ocean of posts in search of a goldfish, but it's often there... somewhere.

Pages:  1  2