BajaNomad

Covid Surge

Pages:  1    3  

JZ - 9-5-2023 at 07:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
S,

The monsoon flooded near by Los Wages a few days ago prior to the start of festivities on the “dry lake”.

The house I built is about 600 ft back and 70 ft above the beach. It’s designed at least to Florida hurricane specs and is earthquake resistant. Did you sell your place in Cabo?

I judge people as individuals not by there “color code”. My enemy’s enemy is just that, no more and no less.

They are definitely not having fun right now.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT826uHaX/

Lee - 9-5-2023 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

None of this has you questioning these people? There are lots of videos out there showing Fauci has lied about a number of things. You can see him in 2023 claiming he didn't recommend lock downs, and then they play a clip from 2020 of him saying he recommended lock downs. Shady, shady stuff.

[Edited on 9-4-2023 by JZ]

I believe Fauci before I believe JZ. Fauci makes educated guesses, sometimes, like many educated professionals.

Sometimes Fauci is wrong which gives the radical right ammunition to criticize him. Typical BS.

Doesn't matter who states what, or whether they are right or wrong. I make educated guesses about what's right for me. I don't follow the experts in anything.

Make decisions for yourself JZ. If you're wrong about something, blame yourself. And stop practicing medicine here.

PS -- how's your boy in FL? Picked a winner there didn't ya? Who you campaigning for now? Vivek?

surabi - 9-5-2023 at 08:55 AM

Looks just like the freeway through Silicon Valley at rush hour I got stuck in one time.
And how do you know they're not having fun? Tunes cranked, some good weed, enough food and water- just because you might not be able to go with the flow when your plans don't work out doesn't mean others don't know how to make the best of a difficult situation.

Good times?

AKgringo - 9-5-2023 at 09:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Looks just like the freeway through Silicon Valley at rush hour I got stuck in one time.
And how do you know they're not having fun? Tunes cranked, some good weed, enough food and water- just because you might not be able to go with the flow when your plans don't work out doesn't mean others don't know how to make the best of a difficult situation.

Glad I am not there!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/sheriff-on-burner-exodu...

surabi - 9-5-2023 at 09:42 AM

I'm sure not everyone there left their garbage behind. But that's what happens when festivals become the "cool" place to go, attracting people who think it's all about partying and being in the "right" place, missing the basic original concept of various festivals. I've seen that happen in other places with other festivals.

Long-time Burning Man attendees have been complaining about the changing demographic of attendees for years. Organizers need to understand when it's time to rebrand or move on when their festivals become mainstream and attended by thousands who just don't "get it".

[Edited on 9-5-2023 by surabi]

mtgoat666 - 9-5-2023 at 10:11 AM

5 percent of our construction crews are out today with covid. Another 5% out with strep or cold.
Everybody getting sick this week!
Surge is real!

pauldavidmena - 9-5-2023 at 01:51 PM

Here on Cape Cod, the summer tourist season just ended, so one can hope that visitors took Covid back over the bridge with them. We typically keep a low profile during the summer anyway, as restaurants, bars and shops are overrun with escapees from NY, RI, CT and "off-Cape" MA. With statistics now focusing on only hospitalized patients, it's hard to tell if the modest increases over the past week or two are part of a larger trend. It would be nice to think we've dodged a bullet, but Murphy always seems to get the last word.

Goat, this could be part of the problem!

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 06:21 AM

IMG_0001.jpeg - 17kB

pacificobob - 9-6-2023 at 08:02 AM

I find it endlessly entertaining how burning man frightens many on the right.

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 08:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Never heard of anybody being frightened by burning man regardless of their political beliefs. Endlessly entertaining?? lol

JZ - 9-6-2023 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Endlessly entertaining? Are you 5?

Burning Man looks pretty fun to me. Being stuck this year in that day(s) long traffic in the mud afterwards, not so much.

JZ - 9-6-2023 at 10:29 AM

There are a ton of videos all over social media of people hauling azz in rented RV's trying to floor it across wet areas.

Now those are pretty entertaining. But sad for the RV owners. :wow:

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 04:11 PM

PB,

I’m not the least bit frightened by what started in SFO as “Burn the Man”. I did 40+ years behind the scenes with a lot of those who attend today’s festivities. I saw a lot of those sort of people die or otherwise be damaged trying to live that dream. If that’s what floats your boat, go for it! The fact that the average retiree in my plan lives to draw benefits for just 3 years, if they live to draw them at all should tell you all you need to know on the subject.

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 04:24 PM

"According to Burning Man co-founder Larry Harvey in 2004, the event is guided by ten stated principles: radical inclusion, gifting, decommodification, radical self-reliance, radical self-expression, communal effort, civic responsibility, leaving no trace, participation, and immediacy."

Um, care to explain how that relates to longevity?

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 04:48 PM

S,

So who do you think “The Man” that they burned on the beach near San Fran in the ‘80s repersented?

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 04:51 PM

You didn't answer my question.

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 07:48 PM

S,

OK, Burning Man from it’s start to the early 2000s was rather different from what you see today. Being a SFO thing originally to illegally celebrate the Summer solace, there were always a lot of drugs and probably “Dead Heads” involved. After it moved to the Desert Art Bell who lived and did Coast to Coast AM not far from there would report on the yearly activities. Listing to his overnight radio show (AM) was how i heard about it.

I have no problem with a bunch of Bohemians and Dead Headers doing drugs on a dry lake in September. Over the years I worked with and for a lot of those people most are eclectic but likable. I don’t do or approve of drug or excessive alcohol use I’ve seen far too many ODs and lost a number of friends to both. It’s a very serious problem in the industry I retired from. That is from the top to the bottom it’s a serious problem.

That’s the reason I’m opposed to social media advertising of how “in” it is to do drugs that kill lots of people. Burning Man, no matter where it started has come to be that sort of glossy advertisement. Perhaps after this year they’ll get back to their 10 basic points.

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 08:36 PM

"social media advertising of how “in” it is to do drugs that kill lots of people."

WTF are you talking about? Which drugs that "kill lots of people?"

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 08:43 PM

"social media advertising of how “in” it is to do drugs that kill lots of people."

WTF are you talking about? Which drugs that "kill lots of people?"

Surabi- Pipe down, young lady…. this is a general baja discussion topic… Civility, grasshopper. ;)

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 09:02 PM

Is this an example of the "natural difference" between men and women you were spouting off about in Off Topic? Men get to talk condescendingly to women and give them orders and women are to obey?

You now fancy yourself a forum moderator?

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by surabi]

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 09:11 PM

S,

A link to an article by a long time Burning Man drug user,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...

“ Leon Reece, 32, of Truckee, California, died Friday after he was found unresponsive on the festival grounds, authorities have said. While the cause and manner of his death are still pending, drug intoxication is suspected, the Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office said in a statement Tuesday.”

“ MDMA and Burning Man

Undersheriff Bjerke told News4Nevada that while the numbers of domestic violence or sexual assaults were down, there was a rise in the instances of use and apprehension of controlled substances, particularly MDMA, LSD, and psilocybin.”

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by RFClark]

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 09:15 PM

S,

You asked for an answer, you got one. Say “Goodnight”!

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 09:27 PM

Is this an example of the "natural difference" between men and women you were spouting off about in Off Topic? Men get to talk condescendingly to women and give them orders and women are to obey?

You now fancy yourself a forum moderator?

Surabi-

Angry much?

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 09:39 PM

RFC- That was an answer? One guy died at an event which attracted 73,000 people, whose cause of death has not yet been determined, and that's your source for a statement that social media is promoting drugs that kill people as the "in" thing?

Many things can kill you. Drugs and alcohol and bad food can kill you if you overindulge. People have died from drinking too much water. MDMA, psilocybin and LSD don't "kill people". In fact, they have been proven useful to counter depression and PTSD, and are increasingly being used by reputable psychologists and other mental health professionals for their patients, with overwhelmingly positive results.

Perhaps you're afraid of mind-expanding drugs because they might cause you to question some of your long-held beliefs?

surabi - 9-6-2023 at 09:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Surabi-

Angry much?

You'd make a really lousy detective- you have zero perception of motive.

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 09:49 PM

S,

Kind of callous about date rape for a woman aren’t you?

I can list a lot of entertainment and influencer types who don’t have drug problems now, because they’re dead. You’re probably one of those “nobody does coke any more” types too. Those subs with 10 tons onboard are just sailing around cause they don’t have anywhere to store it.

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 09:55 PM

RFC- That was an answer? One guy died at an event which attracted 73,000 people, whose cause of death has not yet been determined, and that's your source for a statement that social media is promoting drugs that kill people as the "in" thing?

Many things can kill you. Drugs and alcohol and bad food can kill you if you overindulge. People have died from drinking too much water. MDMA, psilocybin and LSD don't "kill people". In fact, they have been proven useful to counter depression and PTSD, and are increasingly being used by reputable psychologists and other mental health professionals for their patients, with overwhelmingly positive results.

Perhaps you're afraid of mind-expanding drugs because they might cause you to question some of your long-held beliefs?

So….. do guns kill people? Asking for a friend

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 10:00 PM

T,

Until recently I would have answered people with guns, knives, hammers, skate boards and cars kill people. With current technology guns probably kill on their own.

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 10:03 PM

T,

Until recently I would have answered people with guns, knives, hammers, skate boards and cars kill people. With current technology guns probably kill on their own.

Drones are definitely more dangerous moving into the future.
Haven’t heard of them being used against adversaries in Baja like they have on mainland. Probably a matter of time.

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Surabi-

Angry much?

You'd make a really lousy detective- you have zero perception of motive.

Your motive is clear. No clairvoyance needed.

RFClark - 9-6-2023 at 10:08 PM

T,

Read an article today that forecast individual assassination by drone using a photo of the intended victim. It’s off the shelf stuff,

Tioloco - 9-6-2023 at 10:26 PM

T,

Read an article today that forecast individual assassination by drone using a photo of the intended victim. It’s off the shelf stuff,

Correct, not a practical way to defend against that either.

Basically, calling in an airstrike on your opponent. Would have to have a personal radar system to detect/ destroy it. Crazy times ahead.

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 06:13 AM

Getting back to COVID. I wonder if we’ll see a jump in cases from this festival in the next week or so?

mtgoat666 - 9-7-2023 at 06:59 AM

Getting back to COVID. I wonder if we’ll see a jump in cases from this festival in the next week or so?

Clarky:
The surge is already here! One little festival will not move the needle. The needle recently jumped because kids went back to school, and the great school disease communicator is back in action.

I flew transcontinental this week, I wore a mask. The plane was full of snuffling/sneezy people, the stranger next to me was dripping and sneezing throughout the flight. I wish sick people would stay home!

SFandH - 9-7-2023 at 08:05 AM

COVID, and influenza for that matter, is another reason I'll be glad to return to rural BCS for seven months next month. I've also decided not to get Starlink. I'll swap my Kindle for my laptop. I've discovered that I need only one or two hours per week of Internet time for email and banking chores. I can drive to town for that. One 100-watt solar panel with two regular-sized AGM batteries meets my electricity needs. Propane fridge and stove, and a small battery-operated AM radio for daily news.

Plus, a lot of gasoline for my boat. :cool:

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by SFandH]

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Polluting the world with all that C02, shame, shame.

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 08:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I flew transcontinental this week, I wore a mask.

We are flying to Barcelona and Paris next week. Will not be wearing a mask.

Do you think the virus stops when you eat or drink or snack on your pretzels? What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Planes have filters for this. If planes were dangerous they wouldn't have kept them flying during the entire pandemic.

SFandH - 9-7-2023 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Polluting the world with all that C02, shame, shame.

It's a new, finely tuned, fuel-injected four-stroke. Suzuki. Maybe, someday, I'll get an electric outboard, when battery technology lightens up.

SFandH - 9-7-2023 at 08:32 AM

What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Jeez, I dunno, maybe protect you 3/4ths of the time.

HEY! I said "maybe".

Goat, Here are the hospitalization numbers for CA

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 10:26 AM

They do run a couple of weeks behind. That said you can see a trend different from the news.

People have flu, respiratory virus and allergies in addition to COVID. Do wear a mask if it makes you feel better.

I keep this site in my political folder because COVID is as political as the Constitution.

IMG_4529.jpeg - 266kB

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 10:49 AM

If planes were dangerous they wouldn't have kept them flying during the entire pandemic.

:lol: Yes, billion dollar corporations are well known for having the public good in mind. :lol:

Planes' filter systems are only in operation when they are in the air. The time one is cooped up during boarding and deboarding are dangerous. And no air filter system is going to protect you from someone sitting next to you coughing and sneezing.

Ridiculous that you don't understand how practicing safety measures at least some of the time lessens one's chances of accident or illness, rather than negates it altogether. Like if you wear your motorcycle helmet 75% of the time, you are 75% less likely to end up dead or with a head injury in a bike crash than if you never wore one?

Catching Covid also depends on viral load. If someone on the plane has active Covid, you are less likely to contract it by removing it occasionally for 5 minutes to eat or drink than if you are breathing that air maskless for 3 hours.

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 11:09 AM

:lol: Yes, billion dollar corporations are well known for having the public good in mind. :lol:

Planes' filter systems are only in operation when they are in the air. The time one is cooped up during boarding and deboarding are dangerous. And no air filter system is going to protect you from someone sitting next to you coughing and sneezing.

Ridiculous that you don't understand how practicing safety measures at least some of the time lessens one's chances of accident or illness, rather than negates it altogether. Like if you wear your motorcycle helmet 75% of the time, you are 75% less likely to end up dead or with a head injury in a bike crash than if you never wore one?

Catching Covid also depends on viral load. If someone on the plane has active Covid, you are less likely to contract it by removing it occasionally for 5 minutes to eat or drink than if you are breathing that air maskless for 3 hours.

Stay in your basement triple masked. Have fun.

[Edited on 9-7-2023 by JZ]

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 12:01 PM

No one ever hid in their basement. Your go-to BS to demean those who care about not spreading an often deadly virus.

mtgoat666 - 9-7-2023 at 12:02 PM

What the heck is a mask gonna do when they are only worn 3/4ths of the time?

Protect you 3/4 of the time :light:

Planes have filters for this.

Those filters dont do much to protect me from the sick passenger sitting 3 inches away from me :!:

Lee - 9-7-2023 at 12:24 PM

Stay in your basement triple masked. Have fun.

Just an embarrassment to mature and rational nomads. Hiding is something the radical right would say.

Don't wear a mask if you don't want to JZ. You don't believe the enormity of covid is real anyway. What's it matter to you if someone wears a mask.

Why are you so judgmental, anyway? You spout opinions like it's facts and truth and it comes across as looney tunes.

Stop believing everything you read. Try to stop worrying. Your comments come across as someone who is unhappy and worries over everything.

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 12:47 PM

People wearing masks is great. It should be everyone's choice, as some are more at risk than others.

Mandates are very bad. They are starting to mandate masks in some schools. That is one reason why I care. It is tragic to mask little kids who are at near zero risk of Covid. Takes away their childhoods. It is certainly not following the science.

We don't want mask mandates to come back. So much of what the government said about Covid has proven to be misinformation. We don't want to go back there. It is a slippery slope.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by JZ]

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 02:25 PM

It is tragic to mask little kids who are at zero risk of Covid.

Little kids are not at "zero risk of Covid", nor are their families they bring it home to.

You are such a hypocrite. Now you say masks are great for those who want to wear them and are "vulnerable", whatever you think that means, after endlessly demeaning people who wear masks. You even viley posted a photo of a woman on a flight you took who had a mask on and a face shield, making fun of her, as if she were stupid, when for all you know she may have cancer, be undergoing chemo and have a weak immune system.

And what people are "at risk" from is people like you who think they have the right to do whatever they please, regardless of the danger that poses to others.

S, You really should check your facts before you insert your foot where it doesn’t belong.

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 06:17 PM

The picture, much like an open mouth w/o a foot is the APU exhaust port from a 737 AC.

The following is general info for other readers not you.

Most all recent AC have these. They provide ground support for the AC at the gate and during some takeoffs when the engine bleed air used by the ACM (air cycle machine) is required for takeoff. It also can be used to provide conditioned air to the cabin and more importantly the c-ckpit and the electronic bays under it on the ground or up to 41K feet in case of a problem.

This is the source of the air coming out of the little hole next to the light over your seat when the AC is sitting at the gate, you’re right they probably don’t care about you cause they’re greedy capitalist roaders, but they do care about the very expensive AC and it’s equally expensive crew.

IMG_4531.jpeg - 205kB

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 06:56 PM

The amount of carbon dioxide in the cabin from peoples's breath during boarding and deboarding has been measured, and is extreme compared to the amount when the plane is in the air. It is often sweltering hot in planes during these times on the ground, so obviously there isn't any AC happening. Regardless of your photos and supposed aircraft expertise.

mtgoat666 - 9-7-2023 at 07:05 PM

The picture, much like an open mouth w/o a foot is the APU exhaust port from a 737 AC.

I don’t think that looks like a 737 Apu exhaust. Looks more like you mansplaining! Bald and bellowing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by mtgoat666]

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 07:10 PM

Goat,

Google it yourself! As noted the explanation was not for surbi as she is hopeless, it was for other interested parties. So how was your recent flight? Air come out of the little hole next to the light?

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 07:47 PM

No air was coming out of the little hole next to the light on the flight I just took 4 days ago before take-off and after landing.

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 07:56 PM

S,

Green or Cool. Pick one, try a better airline too!

willardguy - 9-7-2023 at 08:02 PM

:lol: some serious hot air coming out of the bread box!

mtgoat666 - 9-7-2023 at 08:14 PM

No air was coming out of the little hole next to the light on the flight I just took 4 days ago before take-off and after landing.

You have to twist the ring to open the valve. Then it will spray germy recirculated air all over you.

RFClark - 9-7-2023 at 08:23 PM

Goat,

The manual says 50% fresh outside air (if it’s fresh) and 50% recirculated HEPA filtered air. Unless they turn it off to be more green.

You talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk it too.

WG,

The breadbox has solar AC, works great. Come over next time CFE’s down and I’ll pour you a cool one.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by RFClark]

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 08:25 PM

I think I've read about a small handful of outbreaks from flights? Have there been more?

How many flights world-wide have taken off since March 2020? A quick Goggle search says there were 22M globally in 2021.

So maybe 60M flights since 2020, give or take? Has any study ever said airplanes have a high spread rate?

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by JZ]

JZ - 9-7-2023 at 08:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I think I've read about a small handful of outbreaks from flights? Have there been more
I have three separate friends who have become infected during cross-country flight, within the last three months, all wearing masks (probably the only ones on their flights doing so.) Based on the number of people I know, that is stastically significant.

I doubt any of them reported the infections to the CDC (why bother), so your assumptions based on what you see on the internet, are questionable at best.

And you know it was from the flight? How?

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 08:56 PM

This malarkey of planes being a breading ground..

Assuming you aren't referring to some type of cooking, planes are not specifically a breeding ground for Covid transmission- any place where people are packed in cheek to jowl is a place where one is more likely to contract whatever communicable disease other people may have. That's not malarkey- it's medical science 101.

[Edited on 9-8-2023 by surabi]

surabi - 9-7-2023 at 09:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
And you know it was from the flight? How?
I don't. Could have been in the airport itself during the trip. Kind of the same difference; someone was spewing virus with no concern for those around them.

Last summer when I flew to Canada, I landed in Toronto, had to change planes to get to Ottawa. After staying with my daughter there for 10 days, I flew to Vancouver Island with a plane change in Calgary.

Tons of people in the Toronto and Ottawa airports were wearing masks, even though at that point, they were no longer required, but strongly recommended.
At the Calgary (right-winger country) airport there was almost no one wearing a mask, even though the same masking recommendations were posted, as well as announcements broadcast asking people to.

It's quite telling to see what type of people actually care about protecting others.

BajaMama - 9-8-2023 at 07:02 AM

I have two flights coming up - one to Anchorage, one to Loreto. With the increase of covid cases and hospitalizations on the rise, I'll be wearing a mask during both flights. I don't like being sick. Ya'll do you, I'll do me.

surabi - 9-8-2023 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

You have to twist the ring to open the valve. Then it will spray germy recirculated air all over you.

That wasn't my first time on a plane, Goat. Well aware you have to twist the ring. Other passengers were trying to open the valves, too. Believe me, there was no air coming out, germy or otherwise.

RFClark - 9-8-2023 at 08:06 PM

S,

The “Green-beans” have been riding the airlines to be more green. One major way is to stop running the APUs at the gate and while taxiing. I guess some airlines gave in and are doing just that. When you talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk the walk too.

surabi - 9-8-2023 at 08:19 PM

Lecturing? Did I complain about the fact that there wasn't AC coming out? I simply stated a fact.

My point in mentioning it was in relation to the fact that there is much more carbon dioxide in the air, hence more likelihood of contracting a communicable disease from all the people crammed in in close quarters before take-off and after landing.

Tioloco - 9-9-2023 at 10:28 AM

S,

The “Green-beans” have been riding the airlines to be more green. One major way is to stop running the APUs at the gate and while taxiing. I guess some airlines gave in and are doing just that. When you talk the talk, sometimes you have to walk the walk too.

Green-beans! haha! Is wild that they fly at all considering the “environmental damage” created by flight.

AKgringo - 9-9-2023 at 10:45 AM

I always thought that the external air intake was shut off while on the ground to prevent circulating exhaust gases from jets and service vehicles through the aircraft.

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease. Do we need another set of masks that drop down to allow exhaling CO2 to an outside vent?

Tioloco - 9-9-2023 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I always thought that the external air intake was shut off while on the ground to prevent circulating exhaust gases from jets and service vehicles through the aircraft.

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease. Do we need another set of masks that drop down to allow exhaling CO2 to an outside vent?

Maybe individual bubbles would be safer.

surabi - 9-9-2023 at 11:11 AM

CO2 is not a toxin, and does not carry any disease.

What a ridiculous thing to say. That's like saying water isn't a toxin, to somehow prove it can't make you sick, when the point is that it can be full of water-borne bacteria.

When the air is full of peoples' CO2, virus particles, if a person is infected, are conveyed in their exhalations. What do you think "air-borne virus" means? It's transferred through people's breath, or do you believe, like people did before science understood the nature of communicable disease, that it's caused by "evil vapors".

[Edited on 9-9-2023 by surabi]

Tioloco - 9-9-2023 at 11:23 AM

Be careful AKGringo! The resident “angry people” are about to attack you… yikes!

Prepare to hear how dangerous water is and air and food and living in general

CaboMagic - 9-9-2023 at 02:12 PM

Peace y;all. Fresh fish for everyone please.
Lori

[Edited on 9-11-2023 by CaboMagic]

SFandH - 9-9-2023 at 03:53 PM

On the other hand, I've tested positive twice after two vaccinations and a booster; each time, it was a very mild sickness lasting 5 or 6 days. Home tests verified all of this.

A lot depends upon the initial viral load you inhale. Be careful in indoor, crowded places.

[Edited on 9-10-2023 by SFandH]

surabi - 9-9-2023 at 06:50 PM

The thing about Covid is that it affects people differently and you can't predict its effects. Some people have a very mild case, with no apparent after effects, some get miserably sick, and some end up with "long Covid"- feeling foggy and fatigued endlessly, with it causing damage to people's organs. And some people simply seem to be immune, whether they've been vaxed or not. I've also read studies that say the more times you get Covid, the worse it is each time. Really weird disease.

[Edited on 9-10-2023 by surabi]

surfhat - 9-10-2023 at 12:15 PM

Thus the term 'novel' that from the beginning indicated we still have much to learn.

Some learn the hard way. Others try to minimize the spread to others by getting vaccinated.

Guarantees? There are no guarantees and never were. There was the opportunity to minimize the effects of catching covid through vaccinating.

The risk of longterm side effects is/was enough for me to do what I can do.

Is this too much of a consideration to ask of people? Apparently it is.

The choice is up to each of us. Thank the stars many more chose to consider others and vaccinate without any guarantees of absolutely not coming down with covid than did not.

Novel. Novel. Novel. It means just that.

Tioloco - 9-10-2023 at 01:00 PM

There are a lot of people wishing they had never been given the Covid vaccinations.

Seems to be a lot of unintended side effects that are quite serious.

To each their own.

surabi - 9-10-2023 at 01:37 PM

There are unintended side effects from any medication with some individuals. The number of people who experienced negative reactions to the Covid vaccine is miniscule compared to how many people have been vaccinated and how many lives it has saved.

[Edited on 9-11-2023 by surabi]

AKgringo - 9-10-2023 at 04:04 PM

The unintended side effect for my oldest son was death from cardiac inflammation less than a week after getting his first shot. He had recently been treated for a bacterial infection but had no prior cardiac issues.

I won't be providing much more than the prior statement on this public forum, because it is too personal and would not be fair to the rest of the family.

He died on Aug 4 2021.

JZ - 9-10-2023 at 04:30 PM

The unintended side effect for my oldest son was death from cardiac inflammation less than a week after getting his first shot. He had recently been treated for a bacterial infection but had no prior cardiac issues.

I won't be providing much more than the prior statement on this public forum, because it is too personal and would not be fair to the rest of the family.

He died on Aug 4 2021.

OMG AK, I am so, so sorry to hear that. That is tragic.

Tioloco - 9-10-2023 at 08:27 PM

He died on Aug 4 2021.

Sorry for your loss. You are not in the catagory of “miniscule” when it comes to the number of very negative side effects of the vaccine.

Again, sorry.

Bajazly - 9-10-2023 at 09:00 PM

AK, condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose a child first hand.

Next time you are thru SF feel free to stop in for the night either way if you need to, all the dogs will have a blast and we can have some cold ones laughing at them.

And the rest of you, fùck off with the stupid bickering back and forth. Do whatever the fùck you want with this disease but you aren't changing anybodies mind with your retarded he said she said bullchit.

What Fauci did or said and whether mask mandates and lock downs were right or wrong and what the fùck ever YOU think about vaccines has nothing to do with Baja. If the uber right wants to try to convince the uber left or vice versa that their way is the only way, fine but it ain't never gonna happen so take it to OT and fight it out there so the rest of us don't have to listen to your whinny little asses spew the same horsechit over and over.

RFClark - 9-10-2023 at 09:04 PM

AK,

I’m extremely sorry to learn of your personal tragedy. Unfortunately the longer any of us live the more of those experiences we have. Personally I try to honor those who have fallen by doing what I can for those still around me.

Ateo - 9-10-2023 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

And the rest of you, fùck off with the stupid bickering back and forth. Do whatever the fùck you want with this disease but you aren't changing anybodies mind with your retarded he said she said bullchit.

What Fauci did or said and whether mask mandates and lock downs were right or wrong and what the fùck ever YOU think about vaccines has nothing to do with Baja. If the uber right wants to try to convince the uber left or vice versa that their way is the only way, fine but it ain't never gonna happen so take it to OT and fight it out there so the rest of us don't have to listen to your whinny little asses spew the same horsechit over and over.

100% AGREED

Lee - 9-11-2023 at 09:31 AM

Hot damn. Honest, articulate, and what the non-whiners want.
Salute.

For those using this forum for a soap box, take a hike. Go to OT!

KurtG - 9-11-2023 at 10:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Hot damn. Honest, articulate, and what the non-whiners want.
Salute.

For those using this forum for a soap box, take a hike. Go to OT!

Absolutely agree, we have seen an incredible number of politically influenced views expressed here but I suspect that not one mind has been changed as a result. Unfortunately for many people a keyboard and a captive audience is addictive.

RFClark - 9-11-2023 at 08:37 PM

Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease. No one requires you to read this topic or any other. It also seems that you usually complain when you don’t agree with what is posted. I see very few complaints when pejoratives are hurled at those you disagree with and regularly tell to FO or worse insult their family

And then there’s the total lack of empathy towards those you disagree with when they suffer a personal tragedy.

In short you guys do a great job of demonstrating why moving to Baja is a great idea especially if your bunch gets a chance to run things!

[Edited on 9-12-2023 by RFClark]

Lee - 9-12-2023 at 08:41 AM

Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease. No one requires you to read this topic or any other. It also seems that you usually complain when you don’t agree with what is posted. I see very few complaints when pejoratives are hurled at those you disagree with and regularly tell to FO or worse insult their family

And then there’s the total lack of empathy towards those you disagree with when they suffer a personal tragedy.

In short you guys do a great job of demonstrating why moving to Baja is a great idea especially if your bunch gets a chance to run things!

Wanna talk about covid in Baja, Clark? Great. Jump in.

Wanna blame Fauci and others for guessing wrong? Go to OT!

Be judgmental if you want about a double standard dividing the country. Go to OT.

Hey Clark? Stop the rants and opinions about personalities here. Go to OT.

What don't you understand?

(By the way. F' your politics! Enemy of the State.)

surabi - 9-12-2023 at 08:59 AM

Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease.

??? Be sure to let all the scientists out there know that viruses have political affiliations.

And who expressed a lack of empathy? No one.
What's really interesting is that all the anti-Covid mitigation folks rushed to offer sympathy to someone whose family member died supposedly because of a bad reaction to the vaccine, yet never offered sympathy to those who have said they had a friend or family member die of Covid.

[Edited on 9-12-2023 by surabi]

RFClark - 9-12-2023 at 02:31 PM

S, You need to get out more.

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”

― Rahm Emanuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_impact_of_the_COVID-...

PBS,

“BEIJING (AP) — Chinese health officials defended their search for the source of the COVID-19 virus and lashed out Saturday at the World Health Organization after its leader said Beijing should have shared genetic information earlier.”

So alleged bad behavior excuses actual outright disbelief and worse behavior?

RFClark - 9-12-2023 at 02:46 PM

Lee,

My rants and opinions about politics? Perhaps you should read what you post.

I do understand that you and a few others here often use language (see above posts) and say things that lack class (see above posts) I will continue to so state that. Note also that you and others not I employ the “F” word.

If my stating that you and your group lacks class upsets you and others with the same limited vocabulary and anger management skills. So be it. No one voted for any of you as moderators or anything else.

pacificobob - 9-12-2023 at 02:51 PM

Lesson on "class" delivered by a guy living in a conex. Precious.

RFClark - 9-12-2023 at 03:28 PM

PB,

Actually 4+ bread boxes, we did build our septic tank out of concrete block which is an appropriate use for it. I didn’t realize that the size or construction of your house affected your ability to recognize limited vocabularies and anger management skills.

Thanks for clueing me in on that.

Don Pisto - 9-12-2023 at 03:45 PM

PB,

Actually 4+ bread boxes, we did build our septic tank out of concrete block which is an appropriate use for it. I didn’t realize that the size or construction of your house affected your ability to recognize limited vocabularies and anger management skills.

Thanks for clueing me in on that.

it doesn't, idiots live in all sorts of structures.;)

RFClark - 9-12-2023 at 03:49 PM

DP,

And I guess that Potty Mouths live in the same sort of construction that you build septic tanks out of. Seems appropriate!

ORphil - 9-13-2023 at 12:11 AM

Jeez... So I've only posted a couple times but I've been reading bn since 2019 or so and I enjoy the archives. I don't quite understand why the general forum needs to be vicious so often, there is the ot. the goal it seems was sharing information and news, requests and such. I thought this was about Baja and not the current political climate, I suppose that shows my ignorance. people don't have to agree on politics but at some level we are all here because the common love of that peninsula?
Call me crazy, my ex wife does. By the way, what's the best way to post photos?

Lee - 9-13-2023 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ORphil  
Jeez... So I've only posted a couple times but I've been reading bn since 2019 or so and I enjoy the archives. I don't quite understand why the general forum needs to be vicious so often, there is the ot. the goal it seems was sharing information and news, requests and such. I thought this was about Baja and not the current political climate, I suppose that shows my ignorance. people don't have to agree on politics but at some level we are all here because the common love of that peninsula?

We're all crazy. It's OK.

(What I use for photos.). https://imgbb.com

chippy - 9-13-2023 at 09:45 AM

or https://postimages.org/

surfhat - 9-14-2023 at 09:11 AM

It was you JZ who misstated my comment about minimizing the spread of covid with vaccines to suit your narrative.

I simply said minimize the spread of covid with vaccines. You said the vaccines don't stop transmissions of covid. You are correct sir. We agree. Who woulda thunk it?

I will be getting the next booster when it becomes available. Most likely you will not. Or maybe you will. Your international traveling deserves some caution as the next variation comes forward. Or not.

Why anyone here tries to influence others medical choices is beyond me and should be beyond Baja Nomad. Off topic? If only....

We all get enough 'stuff' in our daily lives from each of our preferred sources that I long for the days when Nomad was not encumbered with people trying to influence others medical decisions.

I wish you and your family good health with the choices each of has to make for ourselves. How many infectious disease doctors are there here on Nomad who know more than we ever could? Zero. Anyone that takes medical advice from any blogs self-declared experts is a fool.

I should know better than to try to instill some reason when unreasonable rules the day here and elsewhere. Once in a while I forget who I am appealing to. I am sure another reminder is coming right up.

Tioloco - 9-14-2023 at 10:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
It was you JZ who misstated my comment about minimizing the spread of covid with vaccines to suit your narrative.

I simply said minimize the spread of covid with vaccines. You said the vaccines don't stop transmissions of covid. You are correct sir. We agree. Who woulda thunk it?

I will be getting the next booster when it becomes available. Most likely you will not. Or maybe you will. Your international traveling deserves some caution as the next variation comes forward. Or not.

Why anyone here tries to influence others medical choices is beyond me and should be beyond Baja Nomad. Off topic? If only....

We all get enough 'stuff' in our daily lives from each of our preferred sources that I long for the days when Nomad was not encumbered with people trying to influence others medical decisions.

I wish you and your family good health with the choices each of has to make for ourselves. How many infectious disease doctors are there here on Nomad who know more than we ever could? Zero. Anyone that takes medical advice from any blogs self-declared experts is a fool.

I should know better than to try to instill some reason when unreasonable rules the day here and elsewhere. Once in a while I forget who I am appealing to. I am sure another reminder is coming right up.

Good reminder.

Tioloco - 9-14-2023 at 10:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

Good reminder.

ORphil - 9-15-2023 at 11:40 PM

It's

True, one has to be in this world. I'd buy you a cold one if you imbibe next time I'm down...

Phil

KurtG - 9-16-2023 at 05:59 PM

The good folk at The University of Minnesota seem to agree with you concerning the political nature of the virus. Perhaps "politicized virus" would be more accurate.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/political-party-affiliat...

Guys,

The topic here is COVID which is a political disease.

Pages:  1    3