BajaNomad

Endemic Grey Thrasher

BigOly - 1-6-2022 at 10:42 AM

Skipjack Joe - 1-6-2022 at 07:09 PM

Great find.

Nice!

Don Jorge - 1-7-2022 at 01:31 PM

Great find and shot. Any idea which subspecies? Did you find the nest?

Anuhoots, welcome back BigOly. Keep on birding.

Russ - 1-7-2022 at 02:41 PM

Welcome back! Hope you found an easy way to post your shots. That thrasher looks a bit smaller than the ones I've seen around here. Is there something unusual with this one? I may be thinking of the cactus wren though? Or is there a difference between a thrasher and a thresher?

Don Jorge - 1-7-2022 at 05:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Welcome back! Hope you found an easy way to post your shots. That thrasher looks a bit smaller than the ones I've seen around here. Is there something unusual with this one? I may be thinking of the cactus wren though? Or is there a difference between a thrasher and a thresher?

Do not believe there are thresher birds, just thrashers. Cactus wrens and gray thrashers are about the same size snf both have large bills too. Pretty easy at casual glance to be left wondering.

Cactus wren has a bright white eyebrow and black and white barred tail, underneath especially noticeable. Remember the eyebrow, its a giveaway.

Russ - 1-8-2022 at 05:16 PM

Thankx

BigBearRider - 1-8-2022 at 05:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Good to see you posting, Russ. Hope you are well.

BigOly - 1-8-2022 at 08:14 PM

There are many types of Wrens. This is a Cactus Wren from the East Cape.

BigOly - 1-8-2022 at 08:42 PM

I'm using a Cannon 7D with a 100x400 lens.