BajaNomad

Pole Line Road Highlights

TMW - 4-4-2005 at 10:13 AM

Got back home this morning from the Pole Line Road run. Ken ask me to let everyone know we completed it safe and sound and he will post a detailed report when he gets back later this week and can gather his notes.

In my opinion it was a great trip. It had all the elements of Baja. Dust, wind, cold nights, hot days, a couple of break downs and near mishaps. Lots of stories will be told from this adventure by those who went.

12 vehicles and 24 people, including the ladies and children. We took many way points which will be posted lated after they are sorted out.

For my wife Shirley and I a big big thanks to Ken for having us along. To Nomad Mike and his wife a great friendship was started and to have a mechanic along that knows how to do field repairs was a god send, JB Weld does work. To Nomad Bajaexplorer thanks for the sweep and radio work, the right guy at the right time for the right job and thanks also for the coffee sweetener.

Later we'll talk about the popcorn.

Tom

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by TW]

tunaeater - 4-4-2005 at 08:51 PM

TW, glad you guys had fun and are safe. I can't wait for the stories to come in. Paul

bajaxplorer - 4-5-2005 at 02:36 PM

It was a great trip, Tom. It was nice to meet new people and make some new friends. Ken did very good, that was a lot of vehicles to guide and keep together for that trip. Look forward to seeing Shirley and you, as well as Mick and Penny on future adventures in Baja.
BX

Ken Cooke - 4-6-2005 at 07:13 PM

Our Pole Line Road experience did not end until last night at midnight - when we returned home from seeing BAJA EXPLORER on the silver screen in Sta. Monica at the NuArt theatre in DUST TO GLORY. Billy flew home to Telluride, CO with a big smile on his face - this was a trip to really remember. Thanks to all of the nice people who attended...I'll post a trip report in the next 24 hrs...

-Ken