BajaNomad

In all my years in Baja I have yet to see

BigOly - 1-18-2022 at 06:41 PM

Any other photos of a San Lucan Robin taken by a Nomad. One of 5 endemic birds of Baja Sur. I took this photo years ago when East Cape was in a drought cycle and apparently this bird came down from the mountains looking for water. Estuary La Ribera. If you have a photo of one I'd love to see it.

BajaBlanca - 1-18-2022 at 08:08 PM

What a beautiful bird, the detail on the wing is beautiful!

BigOly - 1-18-2022 at 08:20 PM

BajaBlanca...Have you seen them? One?

surfhat - 1-19-2022 at 10:29 AM

Robins were defintely one of the seven pairs of birds that set up home in my East Cape open palapa twenty plus years ago when my season began in the springtime.

As I recall the color difference between the males and females was quite dramatic and almost like another species with sexual attraction at play.

Wish I had the photos to prove it.

Thanks Oly for the memories of my own birdland years ago.

wilderone - 1-24-2022 at 09:38 AM

Your photos are stunning. I enjoy birdwatching - but I would not have known a San Lucan Robin if I saw it. Nice to know these factoids - I'll be more diligent to seek and ID. Thanks

Skipjack Joe - 1-24-2022 at 03:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
Your photos are stunning. I enjoy birdwatching - but I would not have known a San Lucan Robin if I saw it. Nice to know these factoids - I'll be more diligent to seek and ID. Thanks

I can still remember my 10 year old getting excited about a cardinal at La Ventana and taking a picture of it with a 50mm lens. When we got home and Kodak processed it it looked like a small red dot in a large tree. Lesson learned.