BajaNomad

Click a dot Baja map

David K - 2-3-2022 at 03:54 PM

This map has dot at the location mentioned in my Baja Travel Adventure articles. Touch the dot and get the link or links for the articles.

https://octopup.org/user/davidk/baja-travel/baja-travel-map....

This is what the map looks like before zooming in... go to the link for the working map.

Articles Map.jpg - 235kB

[Edited on 2-3-2022 by David K]

advrider - 2-3-2022 at 06:50 PM

WOW, nice work David. That is a really cool feature and is super user friendly....

David K - 2-3-2022 at 07:54 PM

Thank you. I have been wanting to do this and others with the same feature. Our very own 'geoffff' made it possible. He doesn't want any credit, but deserves it.
I can also add photos for each dot (one already has it) so you can see a photo from there.
Boy, I have a lot of work to do!
Today, I added the 300th book to the Viva Baja library.

[Edited on 2-4-2022 by David K]

StuckSucks - 2-4-2022 at 09:22 AM

That's a cool resource, thanks.

David K - 2-4-2022 at 10:54 AM

Thanks... Put you mouse on El Volcán (by El Mármol) to see a photo there. One day, each dot might have a photo!

AKgringo - 2-4-2022 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks... Put you mouse on El Volcán (by El Mármol) to see a photo there. One day, each dot might have a photo!

And after that, is street view next? Just kidding, but kudos on the time you are spending on this service.

David K - 2-4-2022 at 01:04 PM

Thank you, AK,
Funny thing about retirement, you find more 'work' to do... but with one's hobby, hopefully! For me it is Baja. 55+ years of traveling Baja has such an effect. The pay is bad but the rewards of helping others is great.

I have too many ideas for the new VivaBaja.com: Once I have all my books and maps scanned, and my 2017-2019 trip pages done, then a set of links to live webcams of Baja, weather stations of Baja (I just added two), and who knows what else??

Mulege Canuck - 2-6-2022 at 07:14 AM

Thanks David

I do worry about vandalism at the Carmen Cave Paintings.