BajaNomad

Locked/closed thread?

Hook - 2-8-2022 at 09:14 PM

A bit off topic but........I have been perusing my posts back to the beginning of my time here. There was one from 2007 that I wanted to reply to, to bring it forward, and replying was not an option. Yet you have resurrected a post from 2011, David. Is there a boundary on what can be replied to, or a trick to it?

David K - 2-8-2022 at 09:58 PM

Send me the thread link so I can see if I can bump it up.

BajaNomad - 2-8-2022 at 10:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
A bit off topic but........I have been perusing my posts back to the beginning of my time here. There was one from 2007 that I wanted to reply to, to bring it forward, and replying was not an option. Yet you have resurrected a post from 2011, David. Is there a boundary on what can be replied to, or a trick to it?

A lot of the earlier threads were locked (en masse). Let me know the link, and I can unlock it so that it can be bumped - as DK has alluded to.

fyi

Hook - 2-10-2022 at 10:27 AM

I cannot remember which thread it was that I was considering resurrecting. After quickly looking at all the titles of all the posts I have made since 2003, they all just ran together.

I was actually looking for an unusual thread I created that postulated a "scientific formula" for determining whether a post with three or more pages of replies (within a short period of time) could be certain to have descended into a peeing match. Never found it. Apparently the title wasn't very indicative of the content.

This theorem could be applied without having to actually enter the thread and get covered in urine. :o

Still seems like it could be valuable, especially for noobs who aren't aware of the "usual suspects."

Heck, quite honestly, I wanted to resurrect it for entertainment value. :cool:

BajaNomad - 2-10-2022 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I cannot remember which thread it was that I was considering resurrecting. After quickly looking at all the titles of all the posts I have made since 2003, they all just ran together.

I was actually looking for an unusual thread I created that postulated a "scientific formula" for determining whether a post with three or more pages of replies (within a short period of time) could be certain to have descended into a peeing match.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=60644

JZ - 2-10-2022 at 05:29 PM

About a year or two ago Doug unlocked a thread I started in 2003.

David K - 2-10-2022 at 05:44 PM

JZ, what happened to your old posts?

JZ - 2-10-2022 at 06:05 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=3772

[Edited on 2-11-2022 by JZ]