BajaNomad

Hotel in San D

Timo1 - 2-9-2022 at 11:20 AM

I need some suggestions. I have a flight to Canada on March 15 BUT I need a PCR test. That means 3 days in a hotel waiting for test results. Where would you suggest staying that's not high end but not a slum. I don't need fancy but a close restaurant would be a plus. Doesn't have to be in San Diego or near the airport. Taxis are easy. Any suggestions ??

elgatoloco - 2-9-2022 at 11:53 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=hotels+in+san+diego+county+c...

Skipjack Joe - 2-9-2022 at 12:18 PM

I usually stay at the motel 6 in south carlsbad, Tim. It's usually $55 per night for senior Mon-Thu. lots of eateries within walking distance.

JZ - 2-9-2022 at 12:26 PM

Should be able to get same day PCR test.

Timo1 - 2-9-2022 at 01:21 PM

Nope

John Harper - 2-9-2022 at 02:10 PM

I bought three Covid tests (PCR) at the local Rite Aid last week. Results in 15 minutes were negative. How are you supposed to certify your tests are valid? Self certification, or third party?

The Motel 6 is just a block away from Rite Aid. Pelly's Fish, Primo Pizza, and Sushi Kuchi all excellent places to eat.

John

[Edited on 2-9-2022 by John Harper]

BornFisher - 2-9-2022 at 02:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
I bought three Covid tests (PCR) at the local Rite Aid last week. Results in 15 minutes were negative. How are you supposed to certify your tests are valid? Self certification, or third party?

The Motel 6 is just a block away from Rite Aid. Pelly's Fish, Primo Pizza, and Sushi Kuchi all excellent places to eat.

John

[Edited on 2-9-2022 by John Harper]

A PCR test needs to be processed at a lab. A covid test that gives you results in 15 minutes is an antigen test, and won`t get you back into Canada.

BajaBlanca - 2-9-2022 at 03:46 PM

We just did our PCR test the day before our flight from LAX to Turkey. They are located in terminal 2 at the san diego airport. They were easy peasy to negotiate and the results came 24 hours later, to the minute.

We usually stay in the Good Nite Inn
www.goodniteinnseaworld.com
3880 Greenwood St, San Diego, CA 92110

but it has now changed its name to the motel 6. simple clean not expensive and nearish to some fast food places as well as not too far from a Greek restaurant. We have a car so we go elsewhere to eat. If you are willing to UBER, some options are Hodad's, they have amazing hamburgers. If you want Italian, Cesarina is wonderful.

It is a 10 min ride to the airport, which is convenient.

Don Pisto - 2-9-2022 at 04:07 PM

and Tom will leave the light on for you:D

John Harper - 2-9-2022 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

A PCR test needs to be processed at a lab. A covid test that gives you results in 15 minutes is an antigen test, and won`t get you back into Canada.

You are correct.

John

Timo1 - 2-10-2022 at 08:26 AM

I was warned by my travel agent that results can take up to 3 days for results. That means IF I get my results a day or 2 early then I'm just land-locked for a couple days, BUT I need to allow for this. Quite simple