BajaNomad

Hungary

BajaBlanca - 4-14-2022 at 10:15 PM

The only city in Hungary we stopped at was Budapest. Buda and Pest are two cities separated by the Danube River.

We had been there before looking at the bridges and the Buda castle, so this time we did the ancient baths. There are two major bathhouses and we went to St. Gellert Pools and Thermal baths. There are hundreds of baths around the city, this is one of more famous ones. It was just beautiful.

Here is the building as seen from the front (hotel and currently closed).

The bridge right in front of it.

I took mostly videos of the smaller pools. Each one has a different temperature from absolutely freezing to quite hot at 38 degrees.

This is the lap pool. Just luxurious.

As you enter, you buy a package with massages etc. depending on what you want. We got ourselves a cabin so we could leave our stuff and change. We bought bathing suits there too!

Some pics from around the pools.

We stayed just outside of town at a small hotel owned by a Hungarian whose dad is from Greece and his grandfather was from the Black Sea area of Turkey. He spoke English so well that I asked him where he had learned it....when he was 20 he went to Canada on a special worker visa. I asked if he had liked it? He said it was horrible and he was harassed from the moment he arrived with GO HOME!

Owner of Olympos Panzio.

Right down the street from the hotel was an amazing, traditional Hungarian restaurant that was excellent and packed every time we went. Les had their goulash twice, it is more of a soup.

This dessert was just delicious! Very light pastry, then a cream, then a pastry then a cream.

Budapest is a magical city!

[Edited on 4-15-2022 by BajaBlanca]

David K - 4-15-2022 at 07:57 AM

Nice!

Lee - 4-15-2022 at 08:32 PM

Hungary:

no rule of law
no democracy
no freedom of the press
rigged elections
anti-LGB****
PM is a Putin Puppet.

Just about as corrupt as MX.

Might want to consider Belieze.

Oops. Better leave politics out of this.:lol:

BajaBlanca - 4-15-2022 at 08:48 PM

Oh the politics of each country make me cringe. Let's indeed leave it out and appreciate the wonders that each country has to offer.