BajaNomad

Casa Bentley drama

wocketpatch - 5-13-2022 at 09:30 AM

Earlier this year I was looking into a possible visit to Todos Santos for this coming summer with the fam, and went to the website of a place we've really enjoyed staying at, Casa Bentley. According to their website, Bob Bentley passed in October and his estranged wife of 20 years has boarded the place up (figuratively speaking) and returned to the U.S. against his wishes.
https://www.casabentleybaja.com/
I've been checking the website once a month or so for any updates but nothing has changed. Wondered if anyone here might know more.

I never met Bob but our hosts Alvaro and his son were very nice, excellent hosts, and I hope they are well.

David K - 5-13-2022 at 10:36 AM

Wow, what a story (in the link)!
How can anyone be so cold-hearted?

mtgoat666 - 5-13-2022 at 01:10 PM

…always 2 sides to every story.

Seems a bit whacky for a 3rd party to post such a story on hotel’s website.

Paco Facullo - 5-13-2022 at 01:14 PM

HaHa, the Goat was typing at the same time as me...

Don't be SO quick to judge...

Senor Bently "could" have been a ruthless misogynist and a tyrant to his wife and children, behind closed doors ???

Stranger things have happened.... Many a family have "looked " like a Leave-it-to-Beaver " family , only to find out that they were totally dysfunctional..

Don't pass judgment till ALL the information is brought to light...
IF, it ever will be ???

[Edited on 5-13-2022 by Paco Facullo]

advrider - 5-14-2022 at 09:35 PM

Good point, Often things are not as they seem.

TMW - 5-16-2022 at 01:57 PM

His estranged wife was gone for 20 years. Wonder why he didn't divorce her. It is true what is said above, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. That's why I never get involved in my kids, grandkids and siblings marriage.