BajaNomad

SAT TO REQUIRE TAX REGISTRATION FOR EXPATS

BajaParrothead - 5-22-2022 at 08:03 AM

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/tax-reform-requires-expat-t...

Don Pisto - 5-22-2022 at 09:13 AM

from Rafael Solorzano a respected tijuana attorney, im just passing it along.....
Damaging Hearsay
RFC (ITIN for Mexico.

I keep being asked if it is now mandatory for all foreigners to have a Tax Id Number or ITIN as some call it north of the border, it's abbreviated as RFC (Registro Federal de Contribuyentes) in Mexico.

Well, I have not found the law to confirm the above, thus this, for now, is just one more rumor.
Currently, In Mexico, a foreigner, with legal residence (temporary or permanent visa holders) with an income (salaries, commissions, rent, etc) is obligated to have a tax id number, report income, and pay taxes. Thus a resident with no income is not obligated to have a tax id number.

I know of people that decided to apply for an RFC and failed to make reports thereafter, when asked they said "well, I don't have an income", well, should have asked what burdens did you take on before putting that noose around your neck!

Yes, if you have an income in Mexico then you must obtain an RFC and make tax reports and for that, you need to retain the services of a CPA before putting the noose around your neck.

I read news clips in some places where they tell ex-pats to get an RFC, I am not sold yet, thus I have been searching for information to confirm the law or debunk more hearsay.
I don't have much respect for a magazine that is read by thousands of Expats that suggests readers get an RFC and fail to cite the law to confirm the information.
By the way, Expats that don't have an RFC and need one, for example, to get a factura from a contractor to deduct investment made to their house can use the XEXX010101000 tax id number known as generic RFC for foreigners.

So far I have seen mere assumptions multiplied primarily by Expats and Mexico News. The tax reform requires people to sign up and get an RFC upon becoming of age, that is, once a person turns 18, but there is NO mention whatsoever of resident foreigners to get an RFC.

pauldavidmena - 5-22-2022 at 09:18 AM

If I'm reading this correctly, this rule will apply not only to expats who are permanent or temporary residents, but also to foreign property owners who visit less frequently.

SFandH - 5-22-2022 at 09:25 AM

From the CFE (electric company) website:

- Por la disposición oficial, requerimos actualizar tus datos fiscales para evitar rechazo de tu factura de suministro de energía eléctrica ante el SAT; acude a tu Centro de Atención a Clientes. Tienes hasta el 30 de junio de 2022.

google translate:

- Due to the official provision, we require you to update your fiscal data to avoid rejection of your electricity supply bill before the SAT; Go to your Customer Service Center. You have until June 30, 2022.

------------------------

I think this means they want a Registro Federal de Contribuyentes (RFC)
number issued by the Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT).

But, I'd be surprised if they cut off an existing customer. However, it might be hard to initiate new service without an RFC.

More bureaucratic BS.

Mexico has a huge "informal" cash economy. I bet there are many, many Mexicans that don't have an RFC.

[Edited on 5-22-2022 by SFandH]

SFandH - 5-22-2022 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
from Rafael Solorzano a respected tijuana attorney, im just passing it along.....
Damaging Hearsay
RFC (ITIN for Mexico.

By the way, Expats that don't have an RFC and need one, for example, to get a factura from a contractor to deduct investment made to their house can use the XEXX010101000 tax id number known as generic RFC for foreigners.

Hmmm, that's interesting.

4x4abc - 5-22-2022 at 10:00 AM

you need more than the RFC
you will need "Constancia de Situación Fiscal" by July

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_bMe2LUYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9kUK37lQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2li1L6mA8&t=162s

RFClark - 5-22-2022 at 11:18 AM

“Constancia de Situación Fiscal“

The Proof of Tax Status for IMSS is a document that workers of a company or organization can request to obtain the benefits offered, in kind or money, by the Compulsory Social Security Scheme.

Harald,

You need this to make benefit payments for various Mexicans who do work for you. They, the workers, would need to give you their RFC number? If they have one.

gnukid - 5-22-2022 at 03:11 PM

The law states all people are equal, this doesn't apply to citizens therefore its a request outside the rights of residents. No one will comply other than baja nomad forum viejitos...continue normal casual, no one will comply

pacificobob - 5-22-2022 at 05:12 PM

Goin' rogue? Are ya?

4x4abc - 5-22-2022 at 07:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
“Constancia de Situación Fiscal“

The Proof of Tax Status for IMSS is a document that workers of a company or organization can request to obtain the benefits offered, in kind or money, by the Compulsory Social Security Scheme.

Harald,

You need this to make benefit payments for various Mexicans who do work for you. They, the workers, would need to give you their RFC number? If they have one.

By law every Mexican has to have an RFC by July.
Hundreds have been lining up every day in front of the Hacienda in La Paz for many months.
Seems pretty serious.

4x4abc - 5-22-2022 at 07:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
The law states all people are equal, this doesn't apply to citizens therefore its a request outside the rights of residents. No one will comply other than baja nomad forum viejitos...continue normal casual, no one will comply

you seem smart - but not very bright

RFClark - 5-22-2022 at 08:47 PM

So this is a push to get Mexicans to sign up for their Social Security.

But not us Gringos and we don’t need an RFC if we don’t earn money in Mexico.

An interesting interpretation, if you work remotely from Mexico and are paid and taxed in the US. I wonder what the Hacienda thinks about that?

mtgoat666 - 5-22-2022 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

you seem smart - but not very bright

Paul revealed his level of smarts with his covid advice.
If you trusted his covid advice, then perhaps you will trust his tax advice :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-23-2022 by mtgoat666]

Bajaboy - 5-23-2022 at 05:49 AM

So this is a push to get Mexicans to sign up for their Social Security.

But not us Gringos and we don’t need an RFC if we don’t earn money in Mexico.

An interesting interpretation, if you work remotely from Mexico and are paid and taxed in the US. I wonder what the Hacienda thinks about that?

There is a tax treaty between the two countries. But if you are renting out your casita, the Hacienda wants to know. And yes, if you have Mexican residency, you need a RFC.

BajaParrothead - 5-23-2022 at 07:03 AM

My local bill paying/property management company in Los Barriles told me that CFE is now requiring RFC for new services when gringos are purchasing or building homes. Often times without a Mexican income, they are accepting a "generic" RFC. I guess I'll sit back and see how it all shakes out. If I can't even get an appointment, I'm not going to get too worked up about it yet.

JZ - 5-23-2022 at 08:25 AM

Use to rent a property out in Sonora. My real estate agent (Century21) had someone in their office do this paperwork for us. We had a book to give renters facturas.

That is who I'd ask first.

[Edited on 5-23-2022 by JZ]

4x4abc - 5-23-2022 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

There is a tax treaty between the two countries. But if you are renting out your casita, the Hacienda wants to know. And yes, if you have Mexican residency, you need a RFC.

if you are renting out your casita you must pay tax
not declaring that income (tax is due the day you take the money in) is up to you
in a country where the sharks are only waiting to strip you of your property I would not take that risk
I decline any cash offer for my airbnb - it could well be Hacienda bait

by the way, in addition to local hotel taxes, the tax on rentals is 30%
happy renting!

RFClark - 5-23-2022 at 09:55 AM

Thanks,

We don’t rent out! Probably have a similar problem at swap meets too!

gnukid - 5-23-2022 at 12:28 PM

Not sure that it is clear, there are two types of RFC, persona fisica and persona moral, everyone who has a CURP has a persona fisica but not person moral, which is a associated to a business.

This week I solicited new contracts with SAPA and CFE, I stood in line numerous times in the contracts area, I was never asked for either type of RFC nor residency, all of which I have. No one else was observed being asked for their RFC and showed only IFE or other form of ID e.g passport.

I am sure milage varies by office, and agent.

gnukid - 5-23-2022 at 01:10 PM

There must be some other criteria that prompts RFC, as noted a CURP is an RFC which is noted on the residency card for foreigners. But it has been possible to contract with FMM up til now. It may also depend on region, there are different type of contracts in La Paz for rural or urban, home, business solicitudes. Perhaps rural don't require RFC since its less common for rural folks. I notice that there are many claims of new requirements which seem to fade away once you inquire more formally. Water and Power is a right of the people.

[Edited on 5-23-2022 by gnukid]

4x4abc - 5-23-2022 at 01:22 PM

this thread reminds me of FMM discussions

"They never ask for it"
"I never had one in 2o years"
"Why bother?"
"I read something different"

usually coming from folks who are pretty vocal about "Illegals" in the US
rules are only for brown people
how dare the brown people creating uncomfortable rules

Bajaboy - 5-23-2022 at 03:17 PM

"They never ask for it"
"Why bother?"

B-I-N-G-O!

mtgoat666 - 5-23-2022 at 05:15 PM

"They never ask for it"
"Why bother?"

Sometimes Americans are pretty full of themselves!

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 11:39 AM

got my RFC number and my "Constancia de Situación Fiscal" this morning.
Waiting one hour in line (it was frigging cold!) at Hacienda
painless
no online hoops to jump through

start at 7:30
wait 40 minutes outside Hacienda
no information which line to chose
8:10 woman comes out and collects ID cards
8:40 she comes back with your ID and the new papers.
happy!

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 2.43.50 PM copy.jpg - 209kB

[Edited on 5-24-2022 by 4x4abc]

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 01:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
got my RFC number and my "Constancia de Situación Fiscal" this morning.

Wait, you didn't have an RFC before now, with your rental business and all?

How'd you manage to run without it? :?:

I have had an RFC for my business for a long time

now everyone has to also get a personal RFC (Mexico may seem backwards - but in terms of taxes they are cutting edge)
and everyone is forced to get a Constancia de Situación Fiscal by July

gnukid - 5-24-2022 at 02:10 PM

Everyone (foreigners) are requested to create a Constancia de Situación Fiscal by July 21, 2022 but the system is failing applicants, therefore they will not be able to complete this request.

Don Pisto - 5-24-2022 at 04:02 PM

again just passing this along....Don Rafa still isn't quite buying into this but he'll be the first to admit this isn't his area of expertise but he's trying to sort it all out.

Registration in the RFC
2.4.14. For the purposes of articles 22 and 24 of the CFF Regulations, registration in the RFC is
will be carried out in the following terms:
V. The registration of individuals residing in Mexico and resident individuals abroad with and without a permanent establishment in Mexico, according to procedure 39/CFF "Request for registration in the RFC of natural persons", contained in Annex 1-A.
The registration of individuals without economic activity, in accordance with procedure 3/CFF "Request for registration in the RFC of natural persons with CURP" and 39/CFF "Request for registration in the RFC for individuals ", contained in Annex 1-A.
VII. Registration of trusts, according to the procedure file 43/CFF "Request for registration in the RFC for legal entities in the ADSC", contained in the Annex 1-A.
None of these apply to foreign legal residents of Mexic, I will wait for confirmation from the notaries that I have consulted.

Don Pisto - 5-24-2022 at 04:06 PM

a bit more......
Baseless rumors concerning SAT and a Tax id number.

The Lemming effect.

I sent inquiries to 3 different notaries in 2 states concerning the legal obligation for foreign legal residents of Mexico to have a tax id. I will say it for the last time: There is no legal obligation for foreign individuals to get a tax id in this country unless you generate income in Mexico, salary, rents, commissions, a business, etc. You don't need one, except if you wish to obtain an exemption on the capital gains tax resulting from the sale of your house.

This is the consensus from the 3 notaries:
"It is my understanding that this is not an obligation for foreign legal residents, consult with a CPA"
If you do not fall under any of the previously outlined cases and you are still registering with SAT then there is nothing I can add except to say that you fell prey to unfounded rumors.

Ex-pat magazines and forums proposing to get a tax id should acknowledge the mistake and quit stirring baseless fears and exposing foreign nationals that will now be at the mercy of a merciless leftist federal government that is known to freeze bank accounts on mere suspicion and ignoring due process.

One of the objectives of this legal blog is to promote awareness based on factual information, nothing else. I have written enough and provided legal analysis of the reform and concluded that this obligation applies only to foreign legal residents of Mexico with income generated here, those with a business or homeowners wishing to get a tax exemption on capital gains.

Best of luck with the consequences of reacting to unfounded rumors.
Regards,

Rafael Solorzano.

Sandlefoot - 5-24-2022 at 04:29 PM

Rafael Solorzano
Admin
·
psotS513c6gu
h
·

The Lemming effect.

I sent inquiries to 3 different notaries in 2 states concerning the legal obligation for foreign legal residents of Mexico to have a tax id. I will say it for the last time: There is no legal obligation for foreign individuals to get a tax id in this country unless you generate income in Mexico, salary, rents, commissions, a business, etc. You don't need one, except if you wish to obtain an exemption on the capital gains tax resulting from the sale of your house.

"It is my understanding that this is not an obligation for foreign legal residents, consult with a CPA"
If you do not fall under any of the previously outlined cases and you are still registering with SAT then there is nothing I can add except to say that you fell prey to unfounded rumors.

Ex-pat magazines and forums proposing to get a tax id should acknowledge the mistake and quit stirring baseless fears and exposing foreign nationals that will now be at the mercy of a merciless leftist federal government that is known to freeze bank accounts on mere suspicion and ignoring due process.

One of the objectives of this legal blog is to promote awareness based on factual information, nothing else. I have written enough and provided legal analysis of the reform and concluded that this obligation applies only to foreign legal residents of Mexico with income generated here, those with a business or homeowners wishing to get a tax exemption on capital gains.

Regards,

Rafael Solorzano.

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 04:30 PM

Rafael Solorzano.

I asked him not long ago about reverse mortgages in Mexico
"There is no such thing in Mexico!" he answered

Well, Hipoteca inversa is relatively new in Mexico - but it does exist.
https://www.bbva.com/es/consiste-una-hipoteca-inversa/

so much for credibility Señor Solorzano

Bajaboy - 5-24-2022 at 06:20 PM

a bit more......

The Lemming effect.

Regards,

Rafael Solorzano.

I'll let CFE know that the almighty Rafael said I didn't have to provide a RFC:lol: I'm meeting with my attorney next week. So far, he seems to think differently on the matter.

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 06:30 PM

Well, Hipoteca inversa is relatively new in Mexico - but it does exist.
https://www.bbva.com/es/consiste-una-hipoteca-inversa/

That document discusses Spanish law but I saw no indication that it applies to Mexico.

Did I miss something? :?:

try this one:
https://www.bbva.com/es/la-hipoteca-inversa-en-mexico-como-m...

bajatrailrider - 5-24-2022 at 06:57 PM

So to understand this if you have no income in Mexico . You need not deal with this

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 07:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
So to understand this if you have no income in Mexico . You need not deal with this

ANY resident - income or not, must have an RFC and Constancia de Situación Fiscal by the end of June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10dldg_r20

mtgoat666 - 5-24-2022 at 08:48 PM

I sent inquiries to 3 different notaries in 2 states concerning the legal obligation for foreign legal residents of Mexico to have a tax id.

Regards,

Rafael Solorzano.

So Rafael (whoever that is) posted what the notary said, but did not consult with a CPA, as the notary recommended.

But since it’s on the internet, it must be true!
:lol::lol::lol:

4x4abc - 5-24-2022 at 10:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by akmaxx  
Did you bring the list of things they wanted (CFE bill, etc, etc) and did you make an appt. online? Or did you just go down to the malecon with your RP card and it all worked out?

you line up before 8:00 (right line) outside the Hacienda on the Malecon.
Shortly after 8:00 an employee comes out and collects ID cards
she came back about 40 minutes later with the Constancia de Situación Fiscal

I was told, you would also get an RFC
as it turned out that is not correct
only if you already had some interaction with Hacienda before (and maybe a business RFC) then you will get a personal RFC and the Constancia de Situación Fiscal

if you never had interaction with Hacienda before or an RFC then they will send you back home
there you will have to complete the online process of getting an RFC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2li1L6mA8&t=239s

RFClark - 5-25-2022 at 05:56 AM

Harold,

It doesn’t do any good to line out your number and leave the bar codes!

It seems that if you don’t have a CURP code you’re not a part of this process!

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 06:16 AM

Harold,

It doesn’t do any good to line out your number and leave the bar codes!

It seems that if you don’t have a CURP code you’re not a part of this process!

the law says "any resident" - as a resident (temp or perm) you have a CURP

SFandH - 5-25-2022 at 07:12 AM

the law says "any resident" - as a resident (temp or perm) you have a CURP

"the law"

I'd like to read it.

Do you have a reference for that or are you going by the videos you posted?

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 07:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

"the law"

I'd like to read it.

Código Fiscal de la Federación, artículo 27, apartado C, fracción VIII.

https://leyes-mx.com/codigo_fiscal_de_la_federacion/27.htm

[Edited on 5-25-2022 by 4x4abc]

SFandH - 5-25-2022 at 07:39 AM

"the law"

I'd like to read it.

Código Fiscal de la Federación, artículo 27, apartado C, fracción VIII.

[Edited on 5-25-2022 by 4x4abc]

Thanks. At the beginning of Article 27 (using google translate):

In terms of the Federal Taxpayer Registry, the following will apply:

A. Subjects and their specific obligations:

I. Individuals and legal entities are required to comply with sections I, II, III and IV of section B of this article, provided that:

a) They must present periodic declarations, or

b) They are obliged to issue digital tax receipts online for the acts or activities they carry out or for the income they receive.

It sounds to me that not everyone is required to comply. Am I missing something?

[Edited on 5-25-2022 by SFandH]

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 09:02 AM

keep reading - anyone with a bank account must register
most expats have an account in Mexico

bajatrailrider - 5-25-2022 at 09:09 AM

we will see how this works as no one in my town knows about this. Nor is going to Ensenada to get in line. So what happens if they dont do it.?

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 09:36 AM

we will see how this works as no one in my town knows about this. Nor is going to Ensenada to get in line. So what happens if they dont do it.?

CFE announced that if you don't provide an RFC they will not ba able to bill you - meaning they they will cut you off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H10dldg_r20&t=42s

RFClark - 5-25-2022 at 09:53 AM

So since you can buy property on a fedocomiso with a tourist visa and tourist visas don't have CURP numbers, how do you get any of these now required documents?

SFandH - 5-25-2022 at 10:14 AM

So since you can buy property on a fedocomiso with a tourist visa and tourist visas don't have CURP numbers, how do you get any of these now required documents?

I think you know the answer, get a resident visa.

SFandH - 5-25-2022 at 10:22 AM

Thanks 4x4abc for the posts and replies. I'm convinced.

People are going to revolt if CFE cuts off the juice because of the new rules. It's hard to believe that will happen.

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 11:30 AM

Gracias Harald...

To clarify a little further - since you had a biz RFC they were able to identify you with just your RP card and then issue you a personal RFC?

And the biometrics collection (per internet explaination) never happened?

Since they are only collecting cards and issuing personal RFC's do you think it would possible to let someone stand in line for me with my ID? You didn't sign anything or give fingerprints/fotos and I have biz rfc already.

Thanks,

no biometrics needed

the standing in line was for the Constancia

if you ever had an in office Hacienda interaction (Fideicomiso, taxes, questions) you are in the system, even if you don't have an RFC - then they can issue the Constancia paper.
That's what you stand in line for.

If you have a business RFC (like I do), then they know who you are and only your residency card will do and they'll issue the Constancia.

I they don't know you, if you have never interacted with Hacienda - you will have to go through the complicated online process of getting the RFC. It might involve an appointment in person in the Hacienda office - I did not read that far since I did not need it.

Mexico ranks 60 on the worldwide scale of how easy/difficult it is to deal with government (US ranks 6th). You need a lot of sunshine and Margaritas to balance your rage over plain bloated incompetence.
Recently it is the IT geeks in CDMX who make your life hell.
Fingerprints, token, funny symbols to decipher, password, Grandmother's maiden name, your favorite politician etc
Like all geeks the thinking is "There is this new thing - let's add it."

One reason Amazon is so successful is that they found that increased security measures pee potential clients off.
So, they keep it at a minimum and cover all possible fraud for you.
Happy customers buy more.

Not so in Mexico (except MercadoLibre) - roadblock after roadblock.
And when you are almost finished the site crashes.

There is a reason why 3rd world is 3rd world.

Once you decide to live here it is "take it or leave it"

At least you can send your kids to school without worrying all day

bajatrailrider - 5-25-2022 at 12:23 PM

never happen in my town turn off power as whole town dark at night. Lets see after June what happens. Most here have no driver lic or ID have not even pd property tax 20 years.

Don Pisto - 5-25-2022 at 12:40 PM

yet another take on it....just passing it along.
https://www.mexprofessionals.com/post/which-expats-need-an-r...

bajatrailrider - 5-25-2022 at 01:15 PM

good read up thank you

4x4abc - 5-25-2022 at 05:02 PM

I am misunderstanding something - you need Constancia (easy with biz RFC) and you need personal RFC - Did you receive personal RFC or do you only have biz RFC?

Ideally I'd like to stand on sidewalk and present my RP then they see that I have biz RFC when they look me up inside and they come back with Constancia and personal RFC.

Does that sound likely?

Muchisimas gracias,

I handed out my RP and got back the Constancia paper with a bunch of different numbers
they assigned me an RFC in the process and filled it in
only had biz RFC before

so yes, if you have a biz RFC go to Hacienda, stand in line early, 7:30, hand out RP, 8:10, get back RP and receive Constancia paper, 8:40

just like the image below

RFC.jpg - 209kB

PaulW - 5-26-2022 at 06:00 AM

It takes about 3 months to get an appointment in Mexicali to get an RFC number.
And contrary to the previous report, some folks are having an agent get the RFC for them.

4x4abc - 5-26-2022 at 06:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
It takes about 3 months to get an appointment in Mexicali to get an RFC number.
And contrary to the previous report, some folks are having an agent get the RFC for them.

sure, same here in La Paz, facilitators will get you the RFC for $100 in a day or two

4x4abc - 5-26-2022 at 06:43 AM

I started my mex corporation in the mid 2000's

accountant told me to go to Hacienda and get an RFC
I went
Hacienda told me, they can only issue one with updated immigration status (permanent vs temporary residency)
so I went to immigration to get the FM3
INM now told me, they can only issue one when I can present an RFC
catch 22

I told a friend about my predicament
he advised - never do those things alone
use a facilitator
I called one and was warned that it would be $60 US per hour for their services
Wow! - but I took the risk
I had both papers in hand in less than an hour
impossible had turned into "right away"

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 7.42.55 AM copy.jpg - 151kB

RFClark - 5-26-2022 at 08:38 AM

Here is a link to the most coherent explanation of what this is all about and details and some solutions to the problems created.

https://en.equilibrium.mx/post/rfc-registration-obligation

Bajaboy - 5-26-2022 at 09:44 AM

After reading some of the comments above, I am reminded that some people should stay nob. Mexico is a different country fortunately!

[Edited on 5-26-2022 by Bajaboy]

SFandH - 5-26-2022 at 10:57 AM

Here is a link to the most coherent explanation of what this is all about and details and some solutions to the problems created.

https://en.equilibrium.mx/post/rfc-registration-obligation

Interesting article. Thanks for the post.

gnukid - 5-26-2022 at 11:54 AM

Awkward that some Nomads post personal abuse against general information gathering, and worse that the admins here support the abuse. Very problematic. Possibly criminal.

4x4abc - 5-26-2022 at 12:30 PM

bottom line is this:
when service providers like CFE require your Constancia and you don't have it
when you buy something big like a car and you can't provide a Constancia
will the entity accept the generic RFC or do they want the Constancia
if they do, you can interpret the new law any which way you like
those entities will not provide services (CFE) or sell you anything
you'll sit in the dark until you get the papers even though you think you shouldn't
since nothing in Mexico moves fast, I decided to be proactive and get that little paper just in case now that it is easy and fast

gnukid - 5-26-2022 at 02:01 PM

Lencho is consistently outside of reality, with no evidence of experience as land owner, resident, or business person, others here have real experiences to share. Perhaps the account is fake, scam, or government shill?

mtgoat666 - 5-26-2022 at 02:38 PM

Awkward that some Nomads post personal abuse against general information gathering, and worse that the admins here support the abuse. Very problematic. Possibly criminal.

Criminal? What crime has been committed? Paul, you need to explain your allegation. Perhaps your allegation is a crime itself (libel)…

gnukid - 5-26-2022 at 02:57 PM

Add Goat to the list, promoting hate, personal attacks, supported by the Baja Nomad Admin? Why is this permitted here? To what end? Intentional harm to the Nomad community? Harm to impression of Baja visitors? It is beyond suspicious after years of permissive offensive behavior?

4x4abc - 5-26-2022 at 04:25 PM

can't we have single discussion without someone attacking someone?

BajaParrothead - 5-26-2022 at 05:45 PM

:light:

BajaParrothead - 5-27-2022 at 09:22 AM

Just one man's opinion, but it makes sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWacVMa22w

BajaRun - 5-27-2022 at 10:17 AM

No. This site has gone to shiat . Can't even come here to get information. Every post results in personal attacks.

[Edited on 5-27-2022 by BajaRun]

4x4abc - 5-27-2022 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaRun  

No. This site has gone to shiat . Can't even come here to get information. Every post results in personal attacks.

bad parenting

SFandH - 5-27-2022 at 10:29 AM

This thread is chock full of information and contains links to even more. Just ignore posts you don't like.

bajatrailrider - 5-27-2022 at 01:00 PM

SF sorry I agree this site did not now go to chit. Before I joined I think 2015. I was told this by EX baja nomad members. I joined anyway to do pole line off road trip. New to me and Mike had a great time . The most nicest off road people I ever have known. This site has donkey goat only mission is pee people off. Im on many other sites . When we have someone like this on the site . all tell them where to go and how to get there till they leave. All that I know on this site we meet . go on many off road trips nice people.

AKgringo - 5-28-2022 at 08:01 AM

Lencho is consistently outside of reality... Perhaps the account is fake, scam, or government shill?
дерьмо, you caught me! :(

Actually, beyond mere shill: I'm undercover, lurking in the background, reporting your every move back to headquarters.

And guess... for which government? :O

[Edited on 5-28-2022 by lencho]

How about a hint, is it on this planet? :?:

pauldavidmena - 5-28-2022 at 03:06 PM

This thread is chock full of information and contains links to even more. Just ignore posts you don't like.

I joined in 2013, and while there was a somewhat different mix of characters, there's always been plenty of chaff to go along with the wheat. Removing every irrelevant post, apart from being often purely subjective, would be a full-time job for Doug. So I guess I do plenty of scrolling past the noise in order to get to on-topic content. It's either that or abandon the site entirely, and given that I've met some great people here, I'm not willing to do that.

gnukid - 5-28-2022 at 03:57 PM

Its up to the individual to choose to become a tax payer based on income in Mexico. This is not a personality contest. No income, no tax.

Jack Swords - 5-29-2022 at 05:26 PM

Been here as long as David K (2002). Also I know Lencho personally and he has more credibility and experience than many posters here. Have not seen him post dangerous quack treatments for Covid either

David K - 5-30-2022 at 07:45 AM

SF sorry I agree this site did not now go to chit. Before I joined I think 2015. I was told this by EX baja nomad members. I joined anyway to do pole line off road trip. New to me and Mike had a great time . The most nicest off road people I ever have known. This site has donkey goat only mission is pee people off. Im on many other sites . When we have someone like this on the site . all tell them where to go and how to get there till they leave. All that I know on this site we meet . go on many off road trips nice people.

Yep, thanks to this site or the previous one we posted at (Amigos de Baja), I have met so many more fellow lovers of Baja. I knew I was not crazy (too crazy) to be so fascinated with this peninsula. In the early years, before Nomad and when Nomad was young, we had several personal get-together events (My Viva Baja parties, M's BBBB camping trips, Keri's Pyramid Resort Book Signing and Wine Tasting events, The Baja Cactus (Antonio's) Baja Cultural Festivals, etc. I met Jack Swords at my first Viva Baja in 2000 and since then we have worked to preserve the missions through photography. I met 'bajatrailrider' (Larry) in 2015, on the Pole Line Road group trip led by Ken Cooke. We also met Harald (4x4abc) and Karl (Fernweh) on that trip... All these group events I have been at are preserved on my website (VivaBaja.com) if anyone wants to put a face to a name here. The five Viva Baja parties are even in a separate grouping on my page. The others are by date on the Travel Photo Albums section.

I think it was really beneficial to meet in person, see the faces behind the keyboard, and talk and hear each other. I bet even Mt. Goat could be nice, in person!

[Edited on 5-30-2022 by David K]

bajatrailrider - 5-30-2022 at 09:40 AM

I can tell you this David the donkey goat would be ok in person. Except he hides writes BS would never talk in person to us that way. Or to anybody else I know . I do have a dislike for people that do not live here. Try to think its the states here and write junk about us good off roaders. Best dont go down that road with me .

PaulW - 4-6-2023 at 07:15 AM

Currently...
For most of us that have homes in Mexico the real kicker it trying to sell your property. You find out that not only do you have to have an RFC but you also have to wait for the government appraisal before the sale can be completed. They will determine the capital gain which will be taxed at the 30%.
Makes a real-estate property sale drag on for a long time.