BajaNomad

"Amazon Resort"

pauldavidmena - 6-11-2022 at 03:16 PM

According to this article on the CNBC website, Amazon "took over" the Paradero Resort in Pescadero for 3 days and wined and dined over a dozen "influencers" in an effort to crack that lucrative market. Oh to be young and have delusions of relevance!

Paco Facullo - 6-12-2022 at 10:43 AM

HaHa,, ,,

Clicked on this as I'm planning my next trip to the Amazon for an Ayahuasca experience ......Leaving soon..

surabi - 6-12-2022 at 11:47 AM

Just the term "influencer" makes me cringe. These are people with no talent or skill for anything but self-promotion. Their sense of self-importance and entitlement leads them to constantly ask for free vacation rentals, free meals, free everything. They're despicable.

https://www.boredpanda.com/social-media-influencer-hotel-fre...

tiotomasbcs - 6-12-2022 at 12:42 PM

C"mon Pauldavid...you're missing the latest Hollywood SPLASH here in Todos Santos?! Tekio hippies invade Las Tunas..News is out! I wish you would cease from using Gringo Gazette News...we're doing fine w/o the Headlines! Beautiful day at the beach today...again. No headlines!

pauldavidmena - 6-12-2022 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
C"mon Pauldavid...you're missing the latest Hollywood SPLASH here in Todos Santos?! Tekio hippies invade Las Tunas..News is out! I wish you would cease from using Gringo Gazette News...we're doing fine w/o the Headlines! Beautiful day at the beach today...again. No headlines!

To be honest I'm not sure why I still subscribe to the Gringo Gazette, which mostly hypes the tourist trade in Los Cabos. They'd never report influencers in Pescadero or Hippies (Tekio or otherwise) in Las Tunas. I guess I'm just trying to keep up with what's going on in Todos Santos until I can finally spend more time there.

[Edited on 6-12-2022 by pauldavidmena]

surabi - 6-12-2022 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
I guess I'm just trying to keep up with what's going on in Todos Santos until I can finally spend more time there.

Subscribe to the Baja Western Onion instead. It's for community info, not tourism promotion..

[Edited on 6-12-2022 by surabi]

pauldavidmena - 6-12-2022 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
I guess I'm just trying to keep up with what's going on in Todos Santos until I can finally spend more time there.

Subscribe to the Baja Western Onion instead. It's for community info, not tourism promotion..

[Edited on 6-12-2022 by surabi]

I do subscribe to Baja Western Onion, and also The Chocolate Clam. Other good resources on Facebook are the Todos Santos Newsfeed and What's Up, Pescadero?