BajaNomad

Fire incident at Ignacio Springs B&B (from Facebook)

David K - 6-17-2022 at 07:10 AM

Ignacio Springs
9h ·

Quick update.
Everyone is fine. There were 3 people who sustained burns. One of the first Bombaros on the scene burned his arm and hand turning off a propane tank. Paul has burns to arm and legs. GASPASA man received burns also. Paul and GASPASA are being treated in hospital. We will get Paul home tomorrow. All things considered we are thankful everyone will be okay.

How it happened:
We bought a new 300 liter propane tank, the gas company came to transfer the gas from the old tank to the new tank. Something went wrong……. Flames and spewing propane really start things on fire quickly.
As of now we are open, rooms are fine. The damage is the office, dining room and kitchen - total loss there.

Like I said, we are open but with a few changes—- breakfast will not be available for a little while - we need to clean up and replace many many things to get back on track.
Thanks for all the support.
Love you all.

BajaBlanca - 6-17-2022 at 07:52 AM

I saw the video and it was a BIG fire. Terrible to have this happen but glad that everyone is OK.

advrider - 6-17-2022 at 08:00 AM

Crazy, fire has touched that place many times! Hope to get back and visit, great place to stay.

David K - 6-17-2022 at 08:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I saw the video and it was a BIG fire. Terrible to have this happen but glad that everyone is OK.

https://fb.watch/dImJfnFSm3/