BajaNomad

Post a pic of your dog(s) in Baja

JZ - 6-22-2022 at 10:12 PM

TSThornton - 6-23-2022 at 08:09 AM

My driving buddies.

Long hours from N. WA state to the end.

Breakfast stop a little north of San Felipe.

Morning surf check in East Cape with my daughter's buddy.

basautter - 6-27-2022 at 04:15 AM

Jay loves the beach!

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg - 124kB

CaboMagic - 6-27-2022 at 10:19 AM

Fun Topic!
Ours are now in furbaby heaven, but its really nice to remember them.

PJ was a maltese (mix) 2lb ball of cotton when I got him in 1982. That was his first experience on a boat and he loved it. Hard to tell perhaps (because you dont 'know' him) but he loved the air blowing gently on his head, moving the hair on his ears LOL.

Roxy was a Chow/Lab mix when we got her - she was born the day PJ left us.... She loved swimming and drinking beer with Tommy - she (purposely) knocked over his bottle of Pacifico once and lapped it up --- from then on she would look at him as if to say "Wheres mine?" every time ;D

Anyway back to work, thanks for the pleasant break. Lori

Collage of Us and pups.jpg - 117kB

[Edited on 6-27-2022 by CaboMagic]

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 11:07 AM

Smiley the Keeshond. He's gone and buried at Dead Dog Beach (where there is a pet cemetery) on Coyote Island in Bahia Concepcion.

smiley.jpg - 332kB

[Edited on 6-27-2022 by SFandH]

Don Pisto - 6-27-2022 at 11:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Smiley the Keeshond. He's gone and buried at Dead Dog Beach (where there is a pet cemetery) on Coyote Island in Bahia Concepcion.

bet he got pretty toasty come summertime!

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 11:24 AM

But there's still Augie the Doggie. A flea-bitten varmint I found wandering around the neighborhood, hungry and dirty, 12 years ago.

augie.jpg - 296kB

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

bet he got pretty toasty come summertime!

I asked a vet about that and he explained dogs don't cool themselves through their skin and that he's carrying his own shade around with him. I was still careful about the heat tho.

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 11:37 AM

Also folks, July 4th, the worst weekend of the year if you're a dog is coming up. Be careful with your dogs, many (most) get spooked by bombs bursting in the air.

TMW - 6-27-2022 at 11:42 AM

Also folks, July 4th, the worst weekend of the year if you're a dog is coming up. Be careful with your dogs, many (most) get spooked by bombs bursting in the air.

X2

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 11:46 AM

And then there is Rocky Balboa. One very bullheaded schnauzer.

I can't find any photos of Blackjack or Nacho.

rocky.jpg - 236kB

AKgringo - 6-27-2022 at 12:33 PM

That was true of my old dog Cleo. If I knew there were going to be fireworks or gunfire going on, I would make sure that she had a spot to hide near me, and that she would not run away.

The one I have now seems to be amused by thunder and lightning, fireworks and gunfire. We have to keep her from running after the targets we shoot!

The same dog is afraid of vacuum cleaners though, while her predecessor (Cleo) would attack them, and snowblowers as well.

JZ - 6-27-2022 at 01:58 PM

My oldest dog grew up watching us shoot off big bottle rockets. He's fine with them.

Our house overlooks where they shoot them off here at the high school. Last year was the 1st year he got to see them. He watched a few go up and explode. Didn't get freaked out, but did go inside.

The younger one went to the front door and laid down. She wasn't moving.

SFandH - 6-27-2022 at 02:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
I asked a vet about that and he explained dogs don't cool themselves through their skin and that he's carrying his own shade around with him.

Good point; come to think of it, the evaporative cooling surface in their respiratory tract is probably a lot bigger then their skin!

As long as they have enough water...

Mostly their tongue. If it's hanging out find some shade and water.

AKgringo - 6-27-2022 at 02:42 PM

When I stop for doggie breaks, I let my dog drink as much as she wants, then wet her down before we get back in the car. Dogs don't sweat, but the breeze on her wet hair has a cooling effect. My girl has short hair, I don't know how that would work with JZ"s Akitas.

If we stop by water, she usually wets herself down.

gnukid - 6-27-2022 at 03:04 PM

Mick Jagger

4ab5a952-9d0a-4d71-b06c-1e32bc4325ee (1).jpeg - 189kB

[Edited on 6-27-2022 by gnukid]

surabi - 6-27-2022 at 03:07 PM

Dogs also sweat through their paw pads.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hillspet.com/dog-care/behav...

You also have be careful about shaving down dogs wirh pink skin, as they can get sunburned just like people. And there is really no reason to cut their fur, since they don't sweat through their skin. It may make us feel hot just to see a dog with long or thick fur in hot weather, but it apparently doesn't feel like that to the dog.

pacificobob - 6-27-2022 at 05:09 PM

The dog in nuboy's post is using alternative cooling methods

JZ - 6-27-2022 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Mick Jagger

Now I see why so many on here are jealous of your lifestyle.

Let's see if this works....

AKgringo - 6-27-2022 at 08:14 PM

This is a picture of my girl Bailey with her German boyfriend Hans. She was about eleven months old at the time.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/WNXbKW0

Crap! I am so tired of trying to figure out PostFingimage! David, your instructions do not jive with what comes up on my screen when trying to post with this tool.

[Edited on 6-28-2022 by AKgringo]

[Edited on 6-28-2022 by BajaNomad]

willardguy - 6-27-2022 at 08:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
This is a picture of my girl Bailey with her German boyfriend Hans. She was about eleven months old at the time.

Crap! I am so tired of trying to figure out PostFingimage! David, your instructions do not jive with what comes up on my screen when trying to post with this tool.

geeze just use Imgur and choose BBCode( message boards and forums) its easy:coolup:

JZ - 6-27-2022 at 10:14 PM

Just surround your link with: [img=800z]link[/img] (change the "z" to an "x".

[img=800z]https://i.postimg.cc/Z52xVTzx/IMG-20161218-121832.jpg[/img]

SFandH - 6-28-2022 at 07:57 AM

I'm a big fan of dogs and enjoy looking at photos of people's best friends.

Don't forget about July 4th and spooked dogs. I saw a news story yesterday on local San Diego news about how the San Diego shelters get swamped with lost dogs the week(s) after July 4th. They're actually looking for helpful citizens to foster the lost dogs because the shelters fill up. It's a busy time of the year for the kind-hearted folks that take care of the animals in our lives that need help.

[Edited on 6-28-2022 by SFandH]

BajaNomad - 6-28-2022 at 08:44 AM

Just pointing out the image can also just be attached to the post directly here (aside from classifieds and off-topic).

attach-image.png - 27kB

IMG-20161218-121832.jpg - 78kB

BajaNomad - 6-28-2022 at 08:47 AM

FireShot293.png - 194kB

David K - 6-28-2022 at 09:21 AM

Fine, if the image is not over 342kB.

AK, you didn't follow all the steps and posted instead the link to your gallery... Which if you click on can get the IMG tag (image for forums)... which Doug did for you.

SFandH - 6-28-2022 at 12:10 PM

Jeez Louise, elementary methods for image file operations again. I like to just upload to BN from my hard drive. Of course, it does take 15 or 20 seconds to crop and resize to get a good image upload.

dog-2785074_1280.jpg - 158kB

[Edited on 6-28-2022 by SFandH]

JZ - 6-28-2022 at 12:43 PM

[Edited on 6-28-2022 by JZ]

JZ - 6-28-2022 at 12:47 PM

South end of Bahia Concepcion.

bajapedro - 6-28-2022 at 01:58 PM

my copilot

IMG_5573.jpeg - 16kB

SFandH - 6-28-2022 at 03:23 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

good photo!

JZ - 6-28-2022 at 03:52 PM

Has a human-like look to it.

SFandH - 6-28-2022 at 03:59 PM

It's the eye. It's like the dog is thinking "Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

bajapedro - 6-28-2022 at 04:10 PM

sometimes I think, he thinks he is human. Sometimes he acts human. Always my best friend and Baja Buddy.

IMG_9176.jpeg - 52kB

BajaNomad - 6-28-2022 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Fine, if the image is not over 342kB.

Ah! Here ya go...

https://www.webresizer.com/resizer

;)

About my over-posted dog photo...

AKgringo - 6-29-2022 at 08:55 AM

Thanks for the efforts to help me display the photo, I am still screwing it up though!

My girl Bailey was still growing when that was taken, she is now as large as Hans, the Rottweiler/Ridgeback mix she is lying next to.

I first saw Hans on hwy 1 near Punta Chivato. He was riding in a little kiddy trailer behind a bicycle! The bike rider and dog showed up at Campestre Maranatha where I was staying, about a week later.

Jenn (sp?) and Hans had started their trip by flying from Germany to Vancouver, then peddling all the way down to La Paz! The day the photo was taken, they were had booked passage on a ferry to Mazatlan with the intention of riding to Cancun, then flying back to Germany.

David K - 6-29-2022 at 09:46 AM

The link is fine and works for me... this is one of three photos in his album:

the others:

[Edited on 6-29-2022 by David K]

AKgringo - 6-29-2022 at 09:59 AM

Wow! You have posted my entire collection of Postimage uploads!

I will have to remember not to leave the back door open in the future.

David K - 6-29-2022 at 10:16 AM

Wow! You have posted my entire collection of Postimage uploads!

I will have to remember not to leave the back door open in the future.

I can remove them if you like!

Load up your album with photos you want to share on Nomad (or other forums).

Click the photo you want (or see the links attached to that photo by clicking the share icon) and chose the Hotlinks for Forum link to copy the link... then paste on the Nomad page... Easy!

[Edited on 6-29-2022 by David K]

I should have added a smilie!

AKgringo - 6-29-2022 at 10:25 AM

No don't remove them, dogs are "on-topic"! I am sure that it is something simple I am doing wrong, but to me it is like doing my taxes with an abacus!

David K - 6-29-2022 at 10:47 AM

No don't remove them, dogs are "on-topic"! I am sure that it is something simple I am doing wrong, but to me it is like doing my taxes with an abacus!

It is nothing to be ashamed of... I need help with things that are simple for others, too!

SFandH - 6-29-2022 at 11:53 AM

Did you ever wonder why postimg.cc, the image service you guys are using, does it for free? They are collecting photos to license to others, perhaps website builders or other authors looking for images. That may or may not be important to you.

postimg.cc legalese:

"With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant PostImage a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content, including embedded (hotlinked) into third-party websites otherwise not affiliated with PostImage. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to PostImage pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content PostImage has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense."

https://postimages.org/terms

[Edited on 6-29-2022 by SFandH]

David K - 6-29-2022 at 12:00 PM

Yes, and Baja Nomad is the third-party place we are showing the photos... Anything on the Internet is up for grabs, not just Postimages content.

I have found my photos on other websites, without a photo credit... lifted off Baja Nomad or VivaBaja or Facebook... It is just the nature of the Internet. Just think of it as your work being appreciated by others rather than you are losing something you thought you controlled.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

queseyo - 6-29-2022 at 02:10 PM

Here's our boy, a purebred Loreto Larador, rescued in town, over-looking his domain. What a guy!

20220313_112758.jpg - 320kB

20220205_105447.jpg - 209kB