BajaNomad

italki

pauldavidmena - 7-5-2022 at 12:14 PM

Has anyone used the online language platform italki to learn Spanish? It seems appealing in that it pairs learners with teachers for one-on-one classes, but I don't know anyone who has actually used it.

Mateo-Feo - 7-6-2022 at 09:29 AM

I've used the free apps Duolingo and I think the other is called Babble. I have a solid Spanish base so it is more to gain vocabulary but they work well for the price.

pauldavidmena - 7-6-2022 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mateo-Feo  
I've used the free apps Duolingo and I think the other is called Babble. I have a solid Spanish base so it is more to gain vocabulary but they work well for the price.

Thanks for the reply! I've many good things about Duolingo and will definitely give it a try.

pacificobob - 7-8-2022 at 09:00 AM

YouTube as you likely already know has a ton of rather good Spanish language instruction.
A wide variety of teaching methodologies.....something for every learning style and skill level.

pauldavidmena - 7-8-2022 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
YouTube as you likely already know has a ton of rather good Spanish language instruction.
A wide variety of teaching methodologies.....something for every learning style and skill level.

I subscribe to several YouTube channels that all have different strengths. "Spanish Around" features interviews on specific topics (e.g. "what is your favorite holiday tradition?") with every day people in Mexico City. It provides a good snapshot of Spanish conversation at a normal cadence and includes subtitles in both Spanish and English. "Why Not Spanish?" is more conventional instruction using real-life situations in Bogota, Colombia. Those are probably my favorites, but there are several other good ones.