BajaNomad

Fideicomiso

Markus10L - 8-8-2022 at 11:05 AM

Hi,

I have reached the end of the first year on my fideicomiso. My fideicomiso is with Banorte and realized that I am a few months late on paying the fees. My friends down south use a property manager to pay for theirs and have not attempted to pay for it on their own. I would prefer to be able to pay my utilities, property taxes, and fideicomiso on my own but am new to living in Baja and not sure how cumbersome the task ahead may be.

Is anyone else with Banorte for their fideicomiso? Has anyone else been a few months behind on their fideicomiso? Other than late penalties are there any repercussions for being late?

Thanks,

-Mark

bajafreaks - 8-8-2022 at 12:16 PM

When I had a fideo (sold the property) we were late a few times and never an issue. I was able to pay online via CC. The contact info below is the person I've been in touch with maybe try her.
Mirsa Patricia Sosa Peña. Av. Reforma 1101, Col. Centro, Mexicali, BC. Mexico CP 2100 Tel: 686-551-5337

surabi - 8-8-2022 at 01:45 PM

Yes, mine is with Banorte and you can pay it online from anywhere.

And congrats on actually calling it by its real name, not fidi or fideo, like a lot of gringoes do, which isn't even a shortening of the correct spelling.

bajafreaks - 8-8-2022 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

And congrats on actually calling it by its real name, not fidi or fideo, like a lot of gringoes do, which isn't even a shortening of the correct spelling.

I don't know why I even bother responding to posts anymore...it's always some smart-ass remarks.

Markus10L - 8-8-2022 at 02:38 PM

Bajafreaks- Thanks for the info, I tried the phone number but not sure if it is still active.

Surabi- I have been told there is an online way to do things. Thanks for the heads up. I have been on the Banorte site and have not had success. The virtual assistant is not of much assistance ):

RFClark - 8-8-2022 at 02:40 PM

The Banorte office is located next to hotel circle in Cabo San Jose. We pay ours in person and they will wave the late fees usually.

Markus10L - 8-8-2022 at 02:50 PM

RFClark I think this may be the best option until I can figure out how to use the internet :( I appreciate the information.

Side note- I will gladly purchase a case of beer, wine, or soft drinks for anyone in the Todos Santos area that has a little time and is willing to share a little knowledge on setting up the app for utilities, and info for paying for water and property taxes. (maybe two cases :D ). I am driving down from Lompoc, CA on the 15th so the options are wide open.

RFClark - 8-8-2022 at 03:20 PM

Pay utility bills at BBVA. Property Taxes can be paid at the City Office next to the police station downtown. You can probably pay at Banorte too.

On line I think you can pay with XOOM.com

RFClark - 8-8-2022 at 03:44 PM

My bad we’re with Banco del Sur. Banorte has an office in Todos Santos you can pay there. Probably water and utilities (CFE) too. The property tax office is walking distance from Banorte.

We’re here all month if you need help. Watch out for speed traps between El Cine (KM100) and Todos Santos. San Ignacio B&B is a good place to stay overnight.

RFClark - 8-8-2022 at 03:47 PM

You’ll need your property tax number and your fideicomiso number

BajaTed - 8-8-2022 at 03:49 PM

The bank is only one aspect of your Fideocomiso. The Publico Notario is the most important aspect, they have the government notarized record which is the basis of all you got going. See that written record one time, take a photo and you'll sleep better if the office burns down.

RFClark - 8-8-2022 at 07:58 PM

Lencho,

Several reasons:

1) Really poor public schools.

2) Everyone gets an award grading.

3) English spelling rules are a bitc*.

Villas - 8-8-2022 at 08:10 PM

BAnorte has an app I think its uLink, in the municipality of la Paz you can pay takes online from their website, with non mexico credit cards,

Water bill, sorry no experience, CFE, is payable with several platforms, but they don’t accept non Mexico credit cards on their app

RFClark - 8-9-2022 at 07:32 AM

L,

Nope not easy!

“i” before “E” except after “C” or when sounding like “A” as in neighbor or weigh covers it! Should add fideicamiso too!

surabi - 8-9-2022 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Lencho,

Several reasons:

1) Really poor public schools.

2) Everyone gets an award grading.

That has nothing to do with why they misspell Spanish words, that's why they can't spell in English.

They misspell in Spanish because first of all, they mispronounce Spanish words and then spell them like they think they are pronounced, and secondly, they don't care and think it doesn't matter. They're still of the 3rd grade mindset of "Spelling is stupid. Who cares?"

But I agree with you about the "everyone gets a prize"- it instills the idea that whatever they do is good enough, even when it isn't. It has led to a generation of illiterates.

[Edited on 8-9-2022 by surabi]

David K - 8-9-2022 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

Completely agree, but I don't understand why that should impact folks' spelling of Spanish words.

Which should be ridiculously easy, for people coming from an English-spelling background. <shrug>

Or why the spelling isn't corrected with edit or next time the word is used?

How about place name spellings? That's my fun topic!
A few of the places often misspelled:

San Felipe (not Felipi)
Puertecitos (not Puertocitos)
San Quintín (not Quentin)
Alfonsina's (not Alphonsina's)
Santa Rosalillita (not Rosaliita)
Mulegé (not Muleje)
Loreto (not Loretto)
Los Barriles (not Barilles)

SFandH - 8-9-2022 at 08:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
...your Fideocomiso.

I´ve always wondered why that misspelling is so prevalent among native English speakers.

I had trouble with fideicomiso when I first tried to spell it. It breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule (yes I know that is an English rule but nonetheless) and I'm not sure how the letter combination "ei" is pronounced in Spanish. I pronounce it like a long "e".

I like "Fido". arf, arf. (The name of Abraham Lincoln's dog BTW).

RFClark - 8-9-2022 at 08:44 AM

I pronounce fideiocomiso “ei” like an “a”!

BajaBlanca - 8-9-2022 at 08:51 AM

Not sure if this will be helpful, but water can be paid in advance. I paid for a whole year of water for a family I help out in La Bocana. That is the only bill I have never heard of there being an app for.

Isn't it odd that the bank does not send out a reminder about property taxes or fideicomisos?

RFClark - 8-9-2022 at 09:29 AM

BB,

Banco del Sur does send fideicomiso reminders. Todos Santos where we pay property taxes posts a reminder and has offered a discount if you pay early. When we applied for our building license they wanted a copy of our last tax payment receipt.

Banorte/Ulin

submarine_dbk - 8-9-2022 at 09:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Markus10L  
Hi,

I have reached the end of the first year on my fideicomiso. My fideicomiso is with Banorte and realized that I am a few months late on paying the fees. My friends down south use a property manager to pay for theirs and have not attempted to pay for it on their own. I would prefer to be able to pay my utilities, property taxes, and fideicomiso on my own but am new to living in Baja and not sure how cumbersome the task ahead may be.

Is anyone else with Banorte for their fideicomiso? Has anyone else been a few months behind on their fideicomiso? Other than late penalties are there any repercussions for being late?

Thanks,

-Mark

I can confirm that we have used the ULink app to pay our Fido for three years running. Super easy. We've had one instance where we paid a late fee and it was < $10/month. We always email to confirm what we owe and request (and have received) a confirmation of receipt of payment (which has taken 10-14 days after payment via the app). The only issue we've had is turnover in personnel we've contacted to confirm amount owed - this has led us to email chases a couple times, but in the end we've always gotten help. Most recent email contact we used was silvia.lopez.juarez@banorte.com. Silvia, like all others before her was both helpful and prompt.

surabi - 8-9-2022 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
...your Fideocomiso.

I´ve always wondered why that misspelling is so prevalent among native English speakers.

I had trouble with fideicomiso when I first tried to spell it. It breaks the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule (yes I know that is an English rule but nonetheless) and I'm not sure how the letter combination "ei" is pronounced in Spanish. I pronounce it like a long "e".

There really aren't any letter combinations that create one sound in Spanish as there are in English. Each of the vowels only has one pronunciation, unlike in English, and all are pronounced.

So the ei in fideicomiso is pronounced ay-ee. Both letters are pronounced, but when said fast, that can be hard to hear.

Spanish vowels translated to English sounds:

A- ah
E- ay
I- ee.
O- oh
U- ooh

Always. This actually makes Spanish pronunciation much easier to learn than English, as letters never vary in sound and all are pronounced.

greta-inbaja - 8-9-2022 at 03:01 PM

We use the ULINk app and it has worked the last 3 yrs. they send a receipt.. I email Banorte for the amount due.. the first time I paid I had to ask what reference number to use as our original contract was with Fidu What?..
ALberto.Núñez.herrera@banorte.com
I also CC Mirsa Patricia Sosa Pena because her name has always been on the email responses they send me..
Mirsa.sosa@banorte.com
I keep a copy of all communications..ULink is easy.
We pay our taxes in person in La Ribera… much easier than San Jose

chippy - 8-9-2022 at 03:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
...your Fideocomiso.

There really aren't any letter combinations that create one sound in Spanish as there are in English. Each of the vowels only has one pronunciation, unlike in English, and all are pronounced.

So the ei in fideicomiso is pronounced ay-ee. Both letters are pronounced, but when said fast, that can be hard to hear.

Spanish vowels translated to English sounds:

A- ah
E- ay
I- ee.
O- oh
U- ooh

Always. This actually makes Spanish pronunciation much easier to learn than English, as letters never vary in sound and all are pronounced.

I don't think your e pronunciation is correct. You don't need the y. But hey I've been known to be wrong so I'll let Lencho sort this out:lol:.

surabi - 8-9-2022 at 05:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

I don't think your e pronunciation is correct. You don't need the y. But hey I've been known to be wrong so I'll let Lencho sort this out:lol:.

Yes, my "e" pronunciation is right. What do you mean you don't need the y in writing the equivalent sound in English?
Can you understand it better if I say that an "e" in Spanish is pronounced like "eh" in English, which sounds the same as what I wrote, "ay"?

I can assure you my Spanish pronunciation is correct. I've lived here full time for 20 years and not only speak Spanish, but Mexicans tell me I speak very good Spanish, because I don't pronounce Spanish like the average American does.

For instance, it isn't pronounced Cer-veza, it's pronounced Cehr-veh-za.

[Edited on 8-10-2022 by surabi]